Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Awesome color. Hopefully it's better built than all your other american cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Looks like they forgot to add for the 2014 model:

Dealership employees:
At 500.1 miles, please do not do neutral drops or burnouts in the parking lot

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You driven through any tunnels yet? I can't imagine that's any fun when you cannot stomp on it yet. (how many more miles 'til it's broken in?)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Niiiiice. Let's get some video (audio) of that in action!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That last half sentence had better not become the new thread title any time soon.

Interesting to hear you had a tech that was allegedly certified who doesn't seem to know anything about the car you'd think they'd all be dying to learn about. When is the hillclimb? Can't wait to see video etc, especially of that P1 - I'm definitely hoping to see a in-depth comparison on the ease of placement/just how close you can get that Viper's rear right corner from that coursemarker like you did in the M3. What's the record, 1.3 mm? :v:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

How was your M3 in terms of maintenance and running costs (besides gas obv)? Hopefully I'll be able to consider an E92 soon enough, though it'd have to be serious decision and not a toy purchase so things like that would need to be at least somewhat reasonable.

Really jello about the Viper too but there's no way I'd be able to get it here in the EU anytime soon.

I bought my 16k mile E92 in January, so far I've had to shell out for: 1 $220 oil change, 1 $250 battery, a couple hours of labor for installing/coding the battery & giving it a general checkup a month after purchase, and 1 set of angel eye bulbs (battery and bulb were both original equipment for an '08 car).

The real expenses (other than gas, which was a bargain for the first 3 months of ownership) so far have been detailing products and the effort of cleaning it myself. And $20's for the valet to let me park it myself.

It's pretty reasonably acting like "A regular car" thus far considering what a highly-strung & focused machine it actually is when it wants to be and I semi-daily drive it to work to the tune of about 80-100 miles a week in addition to weekend fun drives. I've put about 4000 miles on it and it'll be due another oil change in September or so, I don't anticipate any further 'scheduled' maintenance this year, with tires ($1200) possibly being needed a bit after the 1 year ownership mark.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, not so much on getting the battery for half that in my zip code but I looked back at my records and it was actually closer to $220 in total.

I bought the battery from Sears after shopping around online, it was $190 with a sale going on + core charge + tax + delivery to my independent mechanic's shop (the car was already there and part of the labor time was him confirming the battery actually needed replacement before I just randomly purchased one) so I just had him go ahead and install/code it since he was already doing the 'New to me' first service anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Today's Blipshift shirt seems like a good match for you, DV.

• Locked thread