Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Das Volk posted:

Posting to update and keep this out of the archives. Chrysler was dumb enough to sell me a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty on the car, and my friend owns the biggest/best Dodge dealership in the Bay Area, so I got it at cost. Apparently Mopar extended warranty doesn't draw any distinctions between a Caravan and a Viper when they sell them, so for the princely sum of $2000 I will personally cause the downfall of FCA.

Oh man, they literally have no idea what they've done :unsmigghh:

This is going to be amazing.

quote:

love this car so much. It's a dramatic leap forward from the M3, but I've driven lots of great cars over the years and it's still the best car I've ever driven. Team Viper did it right: Simplify, then add lightness. They applied extremely sophisticated techniques to keep their formula working, reducing complexity while improving performance. How they can afford to build a car with carbon fiber body panels and chassis development from Ferrari is beyond my understanding though. Underneath, the Viper is still basically the same car, but thanks to the extensive re-engineering, it's lighter, stiffer, faster, and has dramatically improved handling. They've managed this despite having to add a lot of weight to the car in the form of interiors, stereos, and more airbags. The end result is that the TA feels like an Exige with 500hp, and I think we can probably all agree that's a good thing.

Don't forget that it looks absolutely ridiculous and unlike anything else on the road. It's a big brash lecture in the proper application of brute force with a dash of sophistication added later down the line. It's the absolute thinnest possible veneer of Lord Greystoke over Tarzan, the brutal savage murder-king of the apes. Because you don't become king of the apes by being a nice guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread