Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

cursedshitbox posted:

Keep me out of this dude.

Keep yourself out of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Das Volk posted:

Wow what a machine. Looks like the interior's pretty similar, oh hey it's got a numbered badge!

:ughh:

For gently caress's sake, man.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

wolrah posted:

*click*

Seriously though superstition is stupid and that's an awesome looking car. Hope they did actually fix the problems.

Normally I'd agree, but have you seen this guy's car history?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I can always tell when cars behind me have LED headlights or surrounds. My mirror vibrates a shitload up and down at speed. Haologens and HIDs just get stretched into a vertical smear of light in the reflection, but because the LEDs pulse it creates kinds of a Knight Rider effect with the lights sweeping smoothly up and down the front of the car at varying speeds.

It's pretty neat seeing wagon wheel/camera shutter effects with the naked eye. :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Not getting too detailed I'm pretty sure it's the LED tail lamps getting wonky with the frames per second DV was recording, but I have seen the strobe tail lights for cars that blink two or three times before solid red. Given most idiots on the road are too busy taking selfies I don't mind something trying to get their duck lipped face paying attention to what's going on in front of them.

To all of the motorcycle riders with the strobing headlights though? They need a dick kicking. I hate those things and wonder how they are even legal.

I came up behind a pedal bike with one of those on the rear one time (yes, white strobe light pointing backwards). It was nighttime and it blew my vision out so bad I could barely stay on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

you vastly overestimate the enthusiasm of a career mechanic

• Locked thread