Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Das Volk posted:

that the CAGS was defeated (I wish) that I'd raced and modified the car and a bunch of other bullshit. I took the service manager out to show what a liar the tech was: the CAGS was still functional; he was so loving lazy he hadn't driven the car even the requisite 5 minute warm-up to enable it.

In his defense, it's almost impossible to not hit the CAGS required conditions in the Gen 5 vipers. I mean, look at this:

Viper manual posted:

Skip Shift is enabled when vehicle speed is greater than 16 MPH (26 km/h) but less than 18 MPH (29 km/h) and the accelerator is at 20% or less.

17mph at <20% throttle. You monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
http://youtu.be/2ZiCcwMNZZs

You can hear me tag the rev limiter in this.

The videos don't do justice to what being in the cabin is like, the only thing louder than the exhaust is the intake and the exhaust is tuned to be pop as much possible. It's amazing. If you nail a high rpm first to second it sounds like a gunshot and even fuel cut just dumps the spark resulting in a deafening PHWOOMF.

• Locked thread