Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Good thing they're the very first games on at SGDQ this year. lol

I think that list is alphabetical. The schedule isn't done yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I think that list is alphabetical. The schedule isn't done yet

Oh, phew.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze run at AGDQ was pretty win and I hope they have a similarly strong opening line up this summer.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i wonder if there can be a donation goal to add infamous: blood festival to the list again

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

have we learned nothing from history

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i wonder if there can be a donation goal to add infamous: blood festival to the list again

Lol

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

elf help book posted:

I don't remember anything about that run.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cool. Idk if they've always done this but you can see every game that was submitted and rejected for sgdq https://gamesdonequick.com/submission/all

Nobody submitted another infamous run sadly

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
It's a short AAA game though so I imagine it was basically just playing the game normally and not dying at all.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I don't remember anything about that run.

he skipped two chapters of the game by playing offline, and also set a world record live

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
And maybe skipping cutscenes.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

elf help book posted:

he skipped two chapters of the game by playing offline, and also set a world record live

Oh, that sounds neat actually.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I can always get behind live WR runs.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

a large amount of the content in it was supposed to be missions created by other players, so by playing offline the game just said you cant do this poo poo and skipped to the end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

100% of submitted Touhou games were accepted.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol bonesaw playing stranglehold

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somebody submitted a 5 hour Metroid Prime 3 run and the entire pitch was "If you like grapple beams you'll love this game"

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Somebody submitted a 5 hour Metroid Prime 3 run and the entire pitch was "If you like grapple beams you'll love this game"

Good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hate to say it, but looks like we already have a SGDQ thread up in the Imp Zone... yup, pretty much no reason to keep this thread un gassed, and the previously mentioned sexual predators in this thread unbanned. What say you?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sounds like my kind of run.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

net cafe scandal posted:

Hate to say it, but looks like we already have a SGDQ thread up in the Imp Zone... yup, pretty much no reason to keep this thread un gassed, and the previously mentioned sexual predators in this thread unbanned. What say you?

This is the Official SGDQ Thread. Welcome!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SGDQ is like 2 months away.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SGDQ is like 2 months away.

Sounds like a candidate for sticky to me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Tell that to beloved Imp Zone poster Fungah!.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Great to be here. Hope the epic gamer little person is there again

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

DICKHEAD posted:

Great to be here. Hope the epic gamer little person is there again

That guy was win.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

What was the name of the black dude that did Mario 2 (lost levels)? That was cool. I also liked the Jedi Knight run cause I'd never seen one before.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

DICKHEAD posted:

What was the name of the black dude that did Mario 2 (lost levels)? That was cool. I also liked the Jedi Knight run cause I'd never seen one before.

Big Jon and I think he's doing another run this summer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The submission list is fascinating. They rejected a 3 hour Ace Combat 6: IDOLM@STER DLC pack run.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Where's the submission list?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The submission list is fascinating. They rejected a 3 hour Ace Combat 6: IDOLM@STER DLC pack run.

our loss

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Ohh, there's a speedrun of the lovely new sonic game that got accepted. That should be pretty good.

DICKHEAD posted:

Where's the submission list?

https://gamesdonequick.com/submission/all

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Ohh, there's a speedrun of the lovely new sonic game that got accepted. That should be pretty good.

the game has a glitch where you can jump, pause, and then jump again, and repeat forever. the run will probably be a really boring abuse of that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"The technical prowess displayed in this run is so great, the live audience should be required to sign a waiver. "

I'm glad they include the pitch text in there too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"This run has unskippable cutscenes and partial nudity"

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

elf help book posted:

the game has a glitch where you can jump, pause, and then jump again, and repeat forever. the run will probably be a really boring abuse of that

lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

what the gently caress

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you have no idea what kind of enemy you've made here

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Mobzy worked at Sega and quit not long after it came out and I remember he said something like "we killed sonic and that's pretty cool"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

"This run has unskippable cutscenes and partial nudity"

Did you make that up

• Locked thread