Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Supercharging ruins the character of the S54. You need to take it to Evolve in Luton for the proper NA treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Das Volk posted:

Supercharging ruins the character of the S54. You need to take it to Evolve in Luton for the proper NA treatment.

Goddamn that's a beautiful airbox. Something tells me they put a price on that art and it's high.

Oh... yup, ~$5000, but I guess that does include the tuner and accessories to fit and that's including VAT. It sounds good, but it's been so long since I've ridden in an S54 car and even stock I remember them sounding great, so it's hard to say: http://evolveautomotive.com/engine-ecu_656/csl-carbon-airbox_693/ The end of the second video is great.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Das Volk posted:

Supercharging ruins the character of the S54.

Pretty sure putting in an LSx takes away the S54 character as well. :v:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Pretty sure putting in an LSx takes away the S54 character as well. :v:

The character can live on in the car the S54 goes in to! :v:

(Assuming they don't then supercharge it.)

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
Is that Roa loving Island?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ormy posted:

Is that Roa loving Island?

It's is aye. Visited the Mrs as she was working there. Got a puncture and waited 8 hours to get flatbedded home :thumbsup:

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

It's is aye. Visited the Mrs as she was working there. Got a puncture and waited 8 hours to get flatbedded home :thumbsup:

Small world; I live 5 miles down the road. I didn't realize anyone visited here.

Sweet car!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

How much are the carbon fenders? Mine are rusty as gently caress and there's no way I can be arsed to try and get them warrantied on a nearly 12 year old car with 4 previous owners.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cakefool posted:

How much are the carbon fenders? Mine are rusty as gently caress and there's no way I can be arsed to try and get them warrantied on a nearly 12 year old car with 4 previous owners.

400 quid from Geoff Steel.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Das Volk posted:

Evolve stuff is insanely overpriced. If I was gonna do this I'd get the Geoff Steel one. It's just not worth the money for the gainz I M H O

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Today's inspiration:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
A guy on ZPost is doing a carbon intake box for his MCoupe (same engine) IDK if the M3 would fit the same bits though. Here's a link to his thread. He's an Aussie in Dubai but I'm sure the companies he's using are accessible.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Obvious photoshop... cars with LS motors don't need tow straps.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Now I want to see an LS1 swap that retains the BMW cooling system :)

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

revmoo posted:

LS1 swap

That's an LS3, isn't it?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

revmoo posted:

Now I want to see an LS1 swap that retains the BMW cooling system :)

Because what better than a simple reliable engine cooled by a system of leaking end tanks and brittle bleed screws?

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

This will probably piss off "purists", do it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ8GwPlF-qM

Enjoy some sub-8:00 green hell content in a M3.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-tuGOb0p0s

If you're going to link a M3 Ring video this is the correct one. I want a straight cut gear box.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Having never driven a car on a track - that looks scary as gently caress. The closest I've come is the indoor go-kart track that maybe goes 40mph. How many laps around a real track does it take until you don't feel like you're going to die every time another car gets close?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Years :v:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Astonishing Wang posted:

Having never driven a car on a track - that looks scary as gently caress. The closest I've come is the indoor go-kart track that maybe goes 40mph. How many laps around a real track does it take until you don't feel like you're going to die every time another car gets close?

In the straights and wide sections of the track it's not bad. When it's raining, narrow and going through corners there are pucker moments. That being said the Nurburgring is narrow as gently caress compared to more tracks. Not only does the track surface seem a little narrower than usual there isn't poo poo for runoff and space to slow down before you hit something. It's what makes that place so drat special.

SniperFox
Mar 19, 2015
Nice work so far, real subtle changes like mine. I love my OEM CSL bootlid too.

What year and how many miles are you at? (or KM, depending where you are). I have a 2005 with 74k miles on it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Early 2005 and like 150k. It was owned by some really rich guy though and been sent back to dick lovett for all work. So it's really really nice.

Also the Nurburgring owns and is a bit scary and you kind of just have to accept you might die if you want to go really quick. Also ironically the close barriers actually help reduce injury and death as they tend to absorb impacts not head on and you generally go spinning down the grass for the rest of the deceleration

My mate Craig wrote his csl off there so I'm acutely aware of the risks and consequences. I love this car and hopefully don't push it too far before I'm capable. I just love it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It's funny hearing someone in a cage saying that :v:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

It's funny hearing someone in a cage saying that :v:

What that means

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Tracking a motorcycle means you're willing to accept getting hurt, so it's something that everyone accepts without even talking about it. Crashes happen every trackday. :v:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Astonishing Wang posted:

Apparently 50 laps within a short space of time gives you a "rough idea" of the track.

I think it has 113 turns or something over 13 miles.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

What that means

Either he thinks you're Chuggo or incarcerated.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Shrapnig posted:

Either he thinks you're Chuggo or incarcerated.

Something something, Jeremy Clarkson, BMW, young owner, drug dealer.

SniperFox
Mar 19, 2015

Bape Culture posted:

Early 2005 and like 150k. It was owned by some really rich guy though and been sent back to dick lovett for all work. So it's really really nice.

Also the Nurburgring owns and is a bit scary and you kind of just have to accept you might die if you want to go really quick. Also ironically the close barriers actually help reduce injury and death as they tend to absorb impacts not head on and you generally go spinning down the grass for the rest of the deceleration

My mate Craig wrote his csl off there so I'm acutely aware of the risks and consequences. I love this car and hopefully don't push it too far before I'm capable. I just love it.

150k is a lot! Miles right? Crazy.

Nurburgring is no joke. I'd love to go there to drive it. Guy I know here raced there for the 24 a few times. 2013 was a real bad one, tons of rain. He made a POV.

Check it out when you have 10 minutes.

[video type="youtu"]WAvN0EzEacU[/video]

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
The correct answer is big turbo:

SniperFox posted:

150k is a lot! Miles right? Crazy.

Nurburgring is no joke. I'd love to go there to drive it. Guy I know here raced there for the 24 a few times. 2013 was a real bad one, tons of rain. He made a POV.

Check it out when you have 10 minutes.

[video type="youtu"]WAvN0EzEacU[/video]

I did some drinking with that guy at sema years ago. Then he beat me at forza really badly.

Pierced Bronson
Dec 26, 2011

shooting laser guns
and eating pussy

jamal posted:

The correct answer is big turbo:

Yikes, is that black pipe the main exhaust routed out of the hood?

SniperFox
Mar 19, 2015

Pierced Bronson posted:

Yikes, is that black pipe the main exhaust routed out of the hood?

Yeah, it's a platteforme track car build. Look them up if you're interested in it more.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I liked their most recent color scheme.

Think the car is for sale actually. OP, sell yours, have this shipped over:

Was track record holder at buttonwillow until last years' super lap battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssGy4lUvd_c

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Turbos are cool as poo poo but I just can't think it'd be better than a v8!

Heat
Reliability
Expense
Complicatedness

V8 wins on all counts. Hail satan.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Bape Culture posted:

Turbos are cool as poo poo but I just can't think it'd be better than a v8!

Heat
Reliability
Expense
Complicatedness

V8 wins on all counts. Hail satan.

Yeah, V8s are better than turbos for those that like sound instead of power.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

meatpimp posted:

Yeah, V8s are better than turbos for those that like sound instead of power.

Yeah because LSx motors are well known for making no power, just noise.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Plz, do not fight. Here is a new pic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
lookin sexy a5h

• Locked thread