Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'd just fit the carbon panels and leave them unpainted but then I'm that kind of dickhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

Actually he should do the Koons art car panels because they own

Good point. And yes if they're just over the carbon.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

Sept 11 (never 4get)

I'm really glad people are into the art fender idea. Yeah 88h88, it'll just be over the carbon!

My friggin car is broke today ftl.

Fingers crossed it's just a coil pack and pretty cheap to replace. Otherwise that jar will soon be empty. Much like my life. And I'll sell it and buy a totally standard mx5 to auto cross. Thx.

I like it when people add a little touch of individualism to their cars and let's face it, BMW's art cars are loving great. So anyone suggesting you don't do it is wrong and should be ignored.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

Plz, do not fight. Here is a new pic

OP you are probably not this cool IRL. Aspire, it's all good. I believe in you.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Man they've come a long way since they just sold the grey ones... And you already know the answer.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This is a friend of a friend's ride. He's also yabbering about getting carbon panels because "seems like rust is a design feature on these"

BGW is apparently only an addition for his trip to Nurburgring.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

He said he's poked a hole in the wing with his finger so I'd say never judge a book...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

Good! Any vids?
Are those 19s thought?!
Is he over the midlands way near you? Be interested to get his thoughts!

He's friends with a bunch of my mates but I've never met the guy. I asked him if it was cool to give you his details so you can quiz him about his car and he said it was so here:

https://www.facebook.com/james.lupix.lu?fref=ufi

Ask away fella. I'm assuming he's round Birmingham way due to which friends we have in common.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

10 friends in common. Small rear end world!

Neat cheers for the info! Does that mean they'll stay looking like that then or is it just on the surface? I assumed it would burn off!

DOES ANYONE sorry caps does anyone know the bed in process for rs29s? All I can find online is people guessing. Or maybe modern rear end ceramic pads don't really need it?

It is indeed a small world.

As for your rotors the surface will burn off, I installed a set of Spoon brakes to a friend of mine's S2000 with new rotors and they were nice and gold until we got to breaking them in. Speaking of which the calipers looked to be a very similar design to yours but then there's not really much differentiation in the design of 4 pot calipers.

Bedding in was a case of driving to a nice straight, quiet road without braking as much as possible (because the newly installed brakes were garbage) and once there, hitting 60mph and braking heavily down to 10mph a good 10 times then from 80mph to 10mph a few times. You're basically shredding off the surface on the rotor and burning off any residue on the pads. At first you'll barely stop but with each stop you'll feel the brakes get grabbier until they're trying to throw your head through the windscreen. The top surface of the rotor will have been stripped away and the pads will loving stink, you'll smell it in the car.

After that, go cruising to let the brakes cool down.

Enjoy your new stoppers.

SniperFox posted:

If that were the case, they wouldn't be so cheap, would they? Sure the brand name is a part of the price, but so is the manufacture process. Ultimately cheap is not made well in any instance.

This all depends on just how huge the mark up on the branded product is really, doesn't it? Like Beats headphones costing about $20 to manufacture and then being sold for $200... You can buy copies made in the same factory without the branding for $40.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 20, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Does the CSL lid not work with the spoiler then or is it purely because you have to do some modification?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm not suggesting you do this but do this.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

But ur not doing it the way I'd do it so fuk u op! Stoopid!

This forum is disappointingly boring sometimes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Building a race car and not taking every opportunity to throw carbon fibre at it? Pff.

Looks smart though.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Left hand drive. Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Thread dead? :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

RIP Bape. He heart will go on.

Near. Far. Wherevre you are.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm sorry your engine killed itself but what you're doing now is good times.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Anything that annoys purists is the thing to do.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Less rubber = less traction = arse out round alllllllllllllllllllllll the corners. See: Chris Harris in the Merc on space savers.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This is going to be such a dope build.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm as impressed as I am sad.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Post videos of it running plz.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

brap brap. I take it you never bothered with the carbon wings? I forget if that was you or not.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah dude

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Immense

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Reliability of that car is now at least 300% better

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Did I see a Driftworks-related video recently where some dude smokes the clutch in an RX8 where you were being harassed in the comments to do a burnout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

Updates;

Tyre sponsor

Time for that burnout vid for Driftworks then eh?

• Locked thread