Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Your car sucks rear end and you should get a completely standard mx5 instead 🐕🐕

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
When are you going ring? I still wanna go but my rings might be shot, doing a leakdown test this weekend :pray:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The koons m3 was insanely ftw and one of the best modern liveries.

Dunno if it would work with the red tho, but it's only a wrap.

Are you going to the ring on a td or a touristwhatever?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qNDon9_82U

Is there a decent selection of pads available for em?

Like you said theyve had decent reviews and stuff but when I think k-sport all I can think of is insanely lovely coilovers. Is there any difference in brake bias?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

They're ap sizes mate. That's how I could get the pagids! :getin:
I'm probably going to be slightly over braked at the front, but I have a lot of friends who swear it's not bad! Will pick up a set of rears if I feel I need them though.
It seems the coil overs were fully crap but they figured out how to rip off good brakes pretty well :newlol:

Aye of course! Rs29s will need bedding anyway. What's the point of the coating on the disc? Just so they don't rust in transport?

Also can anyone explain why people witter on about dust seals? It seems like even if they had seals, they'd burn off after hard track use? Also what's the best way to keep them clean? Surely not full disassembly every month?

Oh wow, so they straight copied a set of ap's lol thats well cheeky. Yea I recon its harder to get a caliper wrong, especialy if you just copy someone elses.

My front calipers dont have dust seals either and the same caliper has seen use on rallycars, TVR Challenge and various e30 sprint cars. Very few people have needed new seals, I had a look recently when I was bleeding the brakes and they look fine. I dont realy drive it that much though and even less in the winter so ymmv.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It's not like a car can look presentable but have completely rotten sills or anything. Ask me how I know :gonk:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

How do u know op????????

Just realised the rear brake lines require removal of exhaust and fuel tank. REALLY FRIGGIN COOL.

DOES ANYONE sorry caps does anyone know the bed in process for rs29s? All I can find online is people guessing. Or maybe modern rear end ceramic pads don't really need it?

My old car started to rot from the inner part of the sills, visualy it looked fine but there would be a brownish deposit over the rear wheel every time it rained. Then I realised I was able to bust through the inner part of the sill with a screwdriver. S-Bodies are even worse for this apparently, which is why I will probably never own one lol.

I realy wish the uk would stop salting the roads and introduce winter tyre laws instead, but everyone would qq about having to buy another set of tyres. Not like most of europe has to do that anyway.

Bedding in the carbotechs was something like do a few 30 to 5 mph stops, then if everythings ok do several 70 to 5mph stops to get some heat cycles into the pads making sure not to come to a complete halt. Something like that anyway.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

I'm trying to do it gradually :ssh:
There's no harm in having a car miles above my ability that looks fuckin hilarious at the same time though.

Have you considered autosoloing a completly standard rusty NA MX-5 instead of doing what you enjoy? Which is to spend over 9000 british pounds on your M3 or we, I dont care but it seems kewl 2 me.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Stop trolling!
I don't think that's caused by -3.5* of camber personally.

Also just had my man on the phone and going solid engine and gearbox mounts now.
Everything is getting daft but at least we can reuse the mounts when I buy an ls3 and ruin myself completely.

Needed a new power steering line as well which is a mega ballache but it's done and csl rack is on.

Thanks.

Have you considered buying a car with superior double wishbone suspension, such as a 500 quid rusty mx5.

Srsly tho is that on the treadblocks or the shoulder I cant tell with all the muck on it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
He died, trolled to death by AI posters.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
He died but i'm going to meet him next month at bedford autodrome for a track day (bro) so i'll update the thread for him or whatever.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Arent you gonna need some more rubber on the ground with the ls. Have you bought the ls yet will u let me drive it when its done.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Raluek posted:

Cutouts with side-dumps.

Yeah thats gonna be great if he wants to limit himself to insanely expensive trackdays at silverstone only that have no noise restrictions.

Get a racepak dash ftw. Also let your pal me drive you car.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for you to let me drive this 😌

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I think you should let me have the car and then you can buy a proper car like an MX-5 or a non turbo Impreza.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Fake and gay.
jk

Whats the NC500 thing? Also is the nurburgring golf guy the one with the silver mkii with a turbo on PH? Also what trackdays are you doing? I've keep getting caught up with work and poo poo to sort out my car properly which is annoying as I feel like i've missed a bunch of days I wanted to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

An unbelievably sexy 5 day jaunt around the coasts of Scotland!
We're staying in a bunch of castles and exploring distilleries etc. Can't wait!

Yeah my boy Nige is the one. You can read all about the golf here: http://pinderwagen.com
If he does the same it's gonna be great. Such a clever bloke and we can fab just about anything you can think of betweeen us.

I want to go to Bedford again and also do Caldwell once im slightly comfortable with the car. No run off! Let me know if you see anything cool tho!

Lol yea thats the guy, every time I read his threads i'm like drat he just fixes everything at the track lol. I'd def do bedford again but I feel like youd love donnington, bit more dicey but some lovely fast sweepers and nice amounts of elevation. Aren't you in the midlands? Shouldn't be too bad for you to get to either.

I've got to go back to scotland, so many nice roads tho i'm well jell.

• Locked thread