Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Leperflesh posted:

AE in the 11th is an amazing bargain. He's a starting RB with talent. Any starting RB with talent will be gone by the sixth round. Are you allowed to trade guys you kept as keepers?

Nope, no keeper trades otherwise I'd be packaging Hill and anyone of my Keepers for Luck in the 5th (6pts passing, 5 point bonus at 325yds).

It's basically pick 2 guys and you get a 1 round penalty for each year kept, 3 year contract, keep anyone drafted in the 6th or later (waiver pickups are a 13th).

Ellington would be a 3rd year guy, Hill is a 2nd year, Bryant and everyone else is a 1st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

What's everyone expecting out of Maclin this year?

RCarr posted:

Is CJ Anderson the favorite to be the Bronco's starter this year? I have the opportunity to keep him in the 18th.

Easily. This ain't the Jon Fox show anymore. Kubiak will play whoever is better.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

old dog child posted:

A season ending injury and the Alex Smith dink and dunk fart show.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Maclin is on my Never Draft List this year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Nope, no keeper trades otherwise I'd be packaging Hill and anyone of my Keepers for Luck in the 5th (6pts passing, 5 point bonus at 325yds).

It's basically pick 2 guys and you get a 1 round penalty for each year kept, 3 year contract, keep anyone drafted in the 6th or later (waiver pickups are a 13th).

Ellington would be a 3rd year guy, Hill is a 2nd year, Bryant and everyone else is a 1st.

Oh. In that case, Ellington is really risky. He's being worked too hard, he's small and fragile, and he's likely to get hurt. I don't know anything about Bryant, but if others are right I guess he's a better keeper.

You can definitely pass on Big Ben. He's not that great anyway and the steelers have the worst schedule in the NFL this year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'd be really tempted by Matthews for a 7th. E: Maybe not more than Martavis for a 13th, but kind of close. Matthews can be an every week WR2, Bryant I wouldn't want as more than a WR3 or flex.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any chance Victor Cruz returns to form? What are we expecting from him this year? Beckham Jr should only help him get open.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Thanks guys. I was thinking that too but I was refusing to believe it. Well there goes my sweet Maclin trade from last year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

Also, as a podcast update since that post is like two years old.

Shutdown Corner: No longer hosted by Cossell. Sever.

Under the Helmet: Chad Parsons moved from DLF to his own site (uthdynasty) and his podcast went premium. I wasn't impressed with my UTH subscription last year and the cost went way up this year, so he can just go to hell.

PFF's lineup: These all got merged into a single show ("the fantasy slant") you can subscribe to (and the hosts just change day to day with the same content it used to have). Major downgrade since I can't just subscribe to the Nickle anymore and instead have to download everything. MY BANDWIDTH

Would you mind doing a rewrite of what people should be checking out?

RCarr posted:

Is CJ Anderson the favorite to be the Bronco's starter this year? I have the opportunity to keep him in the 18th.

He was by far the most efficient RB in Denver last year, and Kubiak's system is ridiculously RB friendly. I would definitely keep him at that spot.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 5, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Is there a database somewhere that isn't ESPN of last year's point totals in standard scoring? ESPN being down "for maintenance" is pretty annoying since I always just use that to see how guys did in my league's scoring.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Keep chasing that Rudolph dragon, guys.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VDay posted:

Is there a database somewhere that isn't ESPN of last year's point totals in standard scoring? ESPN being down "for maintenance" is pretty annoying since I always just use that to see how guys did in my league's scoring.

fftoday.com, though you might need to tweak the scoring slightly to make it exactly match your league.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VDay posted:

If you create a draft only MFL league you can tweak the scoring system to your heart's content and get historical data from the league page.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

old dog child posted:

Easily. This ain't the Jon Fox show anymore. Kubiak will play whoever is better.

I expect Maclin to run down the field while alex smith gives the ball to j. charles

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I had Wilson as my #3 QB (Luck/Rodgers/Wilson) and apparently so does ESPN so what I'm saying is I guess I need a new #3...?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Maybe one of Peyton, Brady, Cam, Ryan, or Brees?

How tired and done do we think Peyton is now? Is Cam going to be healthy this season? Is Ryan a sneaky stealth pick?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

Maybe one of Peyton, Brady, Cam, Ryan, or Brees?

How tired and done do we think Peyton is now? Is Cam going to be healthy this season? Is Ryan a sneaky stealth pick?

Ryan has been a great pick the past few years, the problem has been his O-line/reciever health at times.

Peyton is a guy I'm avoiding this year, just like Brees. I'm OK with any of the Denver receivers, but I think "premium" QBs like those guys aren't worth taking with a pick this year when you can find similar value later in the draft. I think Rodgers and maybe Luck are the only guys worth burning a high pick on.

I really like Bridgewater and Tannehill this year, almost too much.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

My "wait" QB this year is Tannehill.

E: I'm not suggesting he'll be #3, sorry, I'm tired as hell today.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
There's so much depth at QB this year, it's crazy. In addition to the usual big names, and Bridgewater and Tannehill, there's still Romo, Roethlisberger, Rivers...

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

LmaoTheKid posted:

My "wait" QB this year is Tannehill.

E: I'm not suggesting he'll be #3, sorry, I'm tired as hell today.

mine too gtfo my head charles

e: ^^ I rode Romo/Dez stacks to many a victory last year, especially in DFS. Romo is so criminally underrated as a fantasy player, and I'm an eagles fan.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 6, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Also RE: Ryan, have the Falcons addressed the terrible OL they had?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

Also RE: Ryan, have the Falcons addressed the terrible OL they had?

They took exactly one OL, a kid nobody had ever heard of, in the 7th. :v:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Franks Happy Place posted:

They took exactly one OL, a kid nobody had ever heard of, in the 7th. :v:

Good lord, Ryan is going to get battered again isn't he?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

They have a new OL coach and are hoping that consistency in personnel will help matters.

So, yes.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

LmaoTheKid posted:

I think he'll be better, and he's one of my earlier QB targets this year.

They lost a bunch of O-line to injury last year, and played a bizarrely long stretch of games away from home (including a "home" game in England). They have a cakewalk schedule and have plenty of indoor games, and an improved defense should help get the ball into his hands more.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'm not 100% set on it yet, but I think Roethlisberger is going to be my soft target for QB this year in my main league that gives bonus points for 300+ and 400+ yard games. Besides even the two 6TD games he played pretty well last year, and Bryant's emergence as a legitimate deep/red zone threat suddenly gives him three great weapons, with Heath Miller still there as a reliable dump off option. Not having Bell for the first few games will probably hurt, but isn't the end of the world and might even force him to chuck it a lot more anyway.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm going with my "ignore QB all season" strategy again

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So looks like Brady's deflated balls is going to be the go-to theme for this season's fantasy names. Update your spreadsheets accordingly.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think there's a tendency to draw conclusions based on the draft that aren't always warranted. There area lot of UDFAs that get signed and while most of them will wash, there's some that will work out; and of course, there's still plenty of time for trading. And on the flip side, a lot of drafted guys will not be ready as starters at the beginning of the season.

That said, Ryan does get hit a lot.

Re: Big Ben, the steelers have (on paper) the toughest schedule in the NFL this year. Roethlisburger is a survivor, and not a bad choice for QB if you're taking a QB late, but I don't think he's in contention for #3 or even #4 or 5.

There's a resounding silence ITT regarding Brady...

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Leperflesh posted:

Re: Big Ben, the steelers have (on paper) the toughest schedule in the NFL this year. Roethlisburger is a survivor, and not a bad choice for QB if you're taking a QB late, but I don't think he's in contention for #3 or even #4 or 5.

The counter to that though is that pre-season SOS isn't exactly a rock solid stat to base anything on. I agree that I don't think he's the #3 QB or anything, but the guy threw for ~5,000 yards last season and had like a 30/10 TD-Int ratio and is still being ranked around QB10 in mock drafts/rankings/ADP from what I've seen.

e: For comparison, Drew Brees had as just many yards (exactly the same, actually. what are the odds) with only 1 more TD and 8 more picks.

VDay fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 6, 2015

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Pre-season SOS is as close to irrelevant as an NFL stat gets.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This time last year we were talking about how SOS had the Cowboys being the biggest pushovers in the NFL.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Where should Victor Cruz be drafted this year and what are we expecting from him?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pre-season SOS is as close to irrelevant as an NFL stat gets.

Ehhhh. I mean, yes, there's bound to be teams that were great last year and not great this year, and vice-versa. But you still can't look at this schedule:
http://www.steelers.com/schedule-and-events/season-schedule.html

And not think "hmm, there's kind of a parade of good teams there."

RCarr posted:

Where should Victor Cruz be drafted this year and what are we expecting from him?

I'm gonna go with "nobody knows." Will he be his former self? Will he be a crippled third-rate WR? Will he get re-injured? He's a big gamble with a big upside, and I always struggle to figure out where to draft someone like that. I think it depends on your draft strategy. If you've got some other guys on your team who are very solid but not high upside players, Cruz is a good option. If you're already gambling with some other picks, maybe avoid him. Either way... dunno what his ADP will be. If I had to guess, I'd say he's a ~4th rounder in a typical 10-12 team format.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Ehhhh. I mean, yes, there's bound to be teams that were great last year and not great this year, and vice-versa. But you still can't look at this schedule:
http://www.steelers.com/schedule-and-events/season-schedule.html

And not think "hmm, there's kind of a parade of good teams there."

Last year the Cowboys were supposed to be garbage, the Saints were going to wrap up their division handily, the Seahawks and Niners were going to battle it out for their division title... on and on and on. The NFL changes practically every year.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

RCarr posted:

I usually just put players like that on my don't draft list and don't bother spending time thinking about it. I'll let someone else take that gamble, there's most likely tons of value still available where he'd go off the board anyway.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'd take a shot at Cruz after the 6th if he's still there and you've filled a good chunk of your starters.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

This thread made me super excited for the football season until I realized that none of my friends care yet and now I'm just the maniac tryhard that's already begun with pre-season reading. Thanks, nerds.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'd take a shot at Cruz after the 6th if he's still there and you've filled a good chunk of your starters.

6th is too rich for my blood, you can get less-flawed WRs in that range still. Unless he really pops in the pre-season, he's a sub-10th flier for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

6th is too rich for my blood, you can get less-flawed WRs in that range still. Unless he really pops in the pre-season, he's a sub-10th flier for me.

I said after :colbert:

• Locked thread