Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Rick Grimes posted:

I started the wrong white guys.

When Edelman plays, Amendola is mostly worthless in any fantasy tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am assuming I am dead in it. So far I played Kelce, Fitz, White, and Brown. 50 points with over half from Fitz.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I feel an emptiness inside now that the season is over and I am wondering if it would be worth it to start a Fantasy Football Offseason Thread for those of us who are truly hopeless. The goal would be to keep track of key personnel changes (HC/OC/DC and fantasy-relevant players) and discuss the potential impacts as if we have any clue what we are talking about. Between last year and this year, I noticed a huge advantage that simple player knowledge gave me and want to take it a step further. I remember Fantasy Football discussion being pretty dead during the offseason last year but if there is interest, I don't mind doing a write-up.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Join a couple dynasty leagues and keep posting here. It'll still be pretty dead for a couple months til the combine and draft happen, but then should keep picking up steam.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you build it, I will post (incessantly)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Me too. I also miss the fantasy GDT. I know there's GDTs in the main football forum but they move way too fast for me to keep up on my Kindle while I'm also actually watching the game. The Fantasy GDTs always chugged along at a nice ~1 post every minute or two.

But yeah I'm already pondering the fantasy implications of all the coaching changes, various players presumably coming off injury, etc.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So where do you see Luck going next year? Is he a good bounce back candidate or someone you're not touching?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Alright, give me a day or two and I will put together an effortpost for the offseason. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know and I can update the main page throughout the offseason.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Ben Nevis posted:

So where do you see Luck going next year? Is he a good bounce back candidate or someone you're not touching?

I'd take him if he came off the board at qb12 or lower.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Papes posted:

I'd take him if he came off the board at qb12 or lower.

Nah, he'll be drafted far higher than that, and to be fair should produce higher than that. But I do think he'll be overpriced. I suspect people might cool slightly on early QBs after seeing Rodgers and Luck do so poorly, but those two and Wilson, Brady, Ben, and Newton will still be the top 6 QBs imo. I don't think people will be quite ready to believe in Bortles as a top 5 QB yet, and previous too 5-10 guys like Ryan and Tannehill crashed and burned.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Andrew Luck's season was an unmitigated disaster and the dude still averaged over 20 FPPG and was under 17 once.

I'll gladly take him as QB 5-7

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
If Luck is there after the 5th you'd be stupid not to take him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Dandy Kaiser posted:

If Luck is there after the 5th you'd be stupid not to take him.

Round or pick? Round I agree. Pick, lol.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Round. I'd say that he should probably be coming off the board toward the late-4th/early-5th. I'd probably jump on him after pick #55 or so depending your team. For me, if he's there mid-to-late 6th, It'd be really hard for me to say no.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Hey dudes. I put together an offseason post (link below) with some content in it that I hope to fill out over the next week or so. Hope it is useful and let me know if I should add anything.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760832

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

RVProfootballer posted:

Nah, he'll be drafted far higher than that, and to be fair should produce higher than that. But I do think he'll be overpriced. I suspect people might cool slightly on early QBs after seeing Rodgers and Luck do so poorly, but those two and Wilson, Brady, Ben, and Newton will still be the top 6 QBs imo. I don't think people will be quite ready to believe in Bortles as a top 5 QB yet, and previous too 5-10 guys like Ryan and Tannehill crashed and burned.

I assume he'll be qb5 at worst, I just personally never draft a qb until qb12 or later baring a significant steal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's the offseason, go use the offseason thread.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 25, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
All I know is that it's way too early to think of this.....but I'm already not looking forward to drafting in the first 2 rounds this year. NFL.com's "Top 50" of their 200:

quote:

Top 200

1. Le'Veon Bell, Steelers (RB1)
2. Todd Gurley, Rams (RB2)
3. Adrian Peterson, Vikings (RB3)
4. Antonio Brown, Steelers (WR1)
5. Julio Jones, Falcons (WR2)
6. Odell Beckham Jr., Giants (WR3)
7. Rob Gronkowski, Patriots (TE1)
8. DeAndre Hopkins, Texans (WR4)
9. Devonta Freeman, Falcons (RB4)
10. David Johnson, Cardinals (RB5)
11. Lamar Miller, Texans (RB6)
12. Doug Martin, Buccaneers (RB7)
13. Jamaal Charles, Chiefs (RB8)
14. Mark Ingram, Saints (RB9)
15. LeSean McCoy, Bills (RB10)
16. Dez Bryant, Cowboys (WR5)
17. Allen Robinson, Jaguars (WR6)
17. A.J. Green, Bengals (WR7)
19. Thomas Rawls, Seahawks (RB11)
20. Matt Forte, Jets (RB12)
21. Alshon Jeffery, Bears (WR8)
22. Demaryius Thomas, Broncos (WR9)
23. Brandon Marshall, Jets (WR10)
24. Keenan Allen, Chargers (WR11)
25. Sammy Watkins, Bills (WR12)
26. Julian Edelman, Patriots (WR13)
27. Amari Cooper, Raiders (WR14)
28. Jordy Nelson, Packers (WR15)
29. Brandin Cooks, Saints (WR16)
30. Cam Newton, Panthers (QB1)
31. DeMarco Murray, Titans (RB13)
32. Jeremy Langford, Bears (RB14)
33. Latavius Murray, Raiders (RB15)
34. Martavis Bryant, Steelers (WR17)
35. Mike Evans, Buccaneers (WR18)
36. Jonathan Stewart, Panthers (RB16)
37. Ryan Mathews, Eagles (RB17)
38. Jay Ajayi, Dolphins (RB18)
39. Carlos Hyde, 49ers (RB19)
40. Jarvis Landry, Dolphins (WR19)
41. Greg Olsen, Panthers (TE2)
42. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (QB2)
43. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals (WR20)
44. T.Y. Hilton, Colts (WR21)
45. Jeremy Maclin, Chiefs (WR22)
46. Eddie Lacy, Packers (RB20)
47. Jordan Reed, Redskins (TE3)
48. Kelvin Benjamin, Panthers (WR23)
49. Eric Decker, Jets (WR24)
50. Emmanuel Sanders, Broncos (WR25)

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/...1654-sf22331654

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you could pick a player in a non-ppr vacuum for next year would you take Jordy or Kelvin?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

RCarr posted:

If you could pick a player in a non-ppr vacuum for next year would you take Jordy or Kelvin?
Kelvin, that Panthers offense is so insane it made Ted loving Ginn relevant.

Also I can't believe that list has anyone not named Antonio Brown as the 1.01 even in standard. #1 WR two years in a row on a high powered offense with a great QB. There is no way he is behind LeVeon "Injury" Bell, Todd Gurley who is on one of the shittiest offenses around without any QB or WR play to speak of, and Grandpa AP. I just can't even.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Honestly it's AB84 and Julio as 1 and 2 in my book.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
This CJA to Miami poo poo torches Ajayi's value somewhat, but I'd buy low on him as a zero RB type of bid in dynasty formats. CJA is the kind of guy who gets lovely the very second he gets a huge wad of guaranteed money.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Franks Happy Place posted:

CJA is the kind of guy who gets lovely the very second he gets a huge wad of guaranteed money.

Where the heck did this come from

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Spoeank posted:

Where the heck did this come from

A guy who has been in two different coaches dog houses for "not working hard enough" or whatever just strikes me as the kind of guy who will cash his $10 million check, and then immediately pull a Gerhart and vanish in a puff of smoke by Week 3.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
CJA is only gonna have about 10 carries a game in Miami.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
The coaches who underutilized Lamar Miller were all fired and CJA's new coach is his old OC who should know his habits pretty well. I like the signing and will probably be pretty optimistic about CJA come draft time.

Also, maybe this will finally be a year with multiple good TEs. I'm loving the Allen/Fleener/Green deals. Lot of late round TE potential there.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
sup ladies

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

Great question. Kelvin.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Also, maybe this will finally be a year with multiple good TEs.

My ears were ringing

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

89 posted:

Funny thing about that...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

89 posted:

I take the under!

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

cheese posted:

Also I can't believe that list has anyone not named Antonio Brown as the 1.01 even in standard. #1 WR two years in a row on a high powered offense with a great QB. There is no way he is behind LeVeon "Injury" Bell, Todd Gurley who is on one of the shittiest offenses around without any QB or WR play to speak of, and Grandpa AP. I just can't even.

I agree and I went in a little further, trading 2 years of Gurley for 1 year of AB in a .5pp league.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Boosh! posted:

I agree and I went in a little further, trading 2 years of Gurley for 1 year of AB in a .5pp league.

What was the value on Gurley though? or do they both count the same?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So is there a reason this thread gets bumped periodically over using the offseason FF thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

For one, I didn't know that thread existed. Thank you.

• Locked thread