Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

I found it strange in all this coverage they've never mentioned his aspergers once.

edit sure let's go with this :bsdsnype:

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Spoeank posted:

So Gronk is a mid-second rounder now?

Gronk is a transcendent talent, I've been seeing him go in the top 5 in some drafts, especially PPR. I think that he is still a good pick in the late first round or so.

I mean, most of the time the gameplan will still be the same - Gronk get open, throw ball to Gronk, Gronk smash, Gronk spike ball.

Also don't underestimate Brady's ability to appeal, hes rich as gently caress and certainly has the lawyers to do so.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Gyshall posted:

Gronk is a transcendent talent, I've been seeing him go in the top 5 in some drafts, especially PPR. I think that he is still a good pick in the late first round or so.

I mean, most of the time the gameplan will still be the same - Gronk get open, throw ball to Gronk, Gronk smash, Gronk spike ball.

Also don't underestimate Brady's ability to appeal, hes rich as gently caress and certainly has the lawyers to do so.

If the quality of your lawyers meant dick all in an NFL appeal, both Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson would have played last year. Both of them had a WAY stronger case that their punishments were unfair or not handled properly.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gronk isn't going to miss four games. He's going to play four games with a not-as-good QB, no doubt, but when you're that not-as-good QB, are you going to funsling the ball at your deep wideouts? Or are you going to go for quick short passes to your super-reliable guys? I think Gronk's production for those four games could very well be similar to the rest of the season, and if not, it's just four games out of sixteen.

I mean, who else is going in the first round? A handful of RBs - maybe the top five. Maybe Odell. Maybe Luck? And then who? Jimmy Graham? He's a Seahawk now, he's still Jimmy Graham but he's getting older and nobody really knows how he'll be used there yet. Rodgers maybe? Sure, especially in -2pt interception formats, since he's a relatively safe thrower. Demaryius? Megatron?

If you have like 10 or 12 teams in your league, I can see Gronk going end of the first round, easy. There's just such a steep falloff of talent between early first-rounders and the rest of the NFL.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I think if you're a not-as-good QB in a Bill Belichick offense that changes weekly you get the ball taken out of your hands. Also you've never started a game before and are taking over for one of the best in the game. That offense is going to lose a ton of passing opportunities.

And semantics it's 4 of 15 unless you play in a garbo week 17 league.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I think if you're a not-as-good QB in a Bill Belichick offense that changes weekly you get the ball taken out of your hands. Also you've never started a game before and are taking over for one of the best in the game. That offense is going to lose a ton of passing opportunities.

And semantics it's 4 of 15 unless you play in a garbo week 17 league.

Oh yeah, 15 is more normal yes.

I'm not saying gronk is definitely going to perform normally during that first 4 weeks, only that his best performance is a ceiling and that yes the floor is a big fat zero, but the most likely scenario is somewhere in between those two so it's not like the situation last year where people were drafting Josh Gordon on the assumption he'd be playing at 100% the second half of the season and just accepting zeros from him until then.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Does anyone know where I can get a spreadsheet/CSV of 2014 game, player, and/or team raw data? I have some from pro-football-reference.com but it doesn't include fumbles and is only for individual players.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Azhais posted:

Anyone think there's any chance of Benny Cunningham or Lance Dunbar doing anything this year (or ever again)? Someone's offered them to me in my dyansty league for my only good DE so I'm disinclined to take it anyway, but figured I'd see what people thought of the two.

Dunbar will only ever be a third down back and Cunningham has become even more irrelevant after the draft.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
A question for you that came up amongst a few players in our league. 14 team league, starting over from scratch this year but will be two keepers.

Thinking about Dallas' front line, do you consider Darren McFadden a first round pick now?

Half said yes, half said no. I said hell no, not with my first round pick (12). What say you all?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Hell loving no. To anyone in that backfield before the 10th round.

E: maybe the 6th in a 14 team league but even then I'd rather someone else take that bait.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Silly Burrito posted:

A question for you that came up amongst a few players in our league. 14 team league, starting over from scratch this year but will be two keepers.

Thinking about Dallas' front line, do you consider Darren McFadden a first round pick now?

Half said yes, half said no. I said hell no, not with my first round pick (12). What say you all?

DMC looked like dogshit even when he was healthy; IMO Randle is the back to own in Dallas and you can probably get him for cheap

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Dunbar will only ever be a third down back and Cunningham has become even more irrelevant after the draft.

Meh. "Ever" is such a strong word.

Maybe 10-20% chance that Dunbar becomes an RB2 next season? He'd need A) DMC getting hurt again, and B) to beat out Randle or Randle continues having off the field issues.

Always a good idea to look for high upside with your bench, but Dunbar is too much of a longshot for my tastes. Also, he'll be 26 next season, so there's not a lot of long-term value either (especially since his main upside right now is the Dallas O-line anyways).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
DMC is going to severely test the idea that anyone can run behind that line. He bad football man.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LmaoTheKid posted:

Hell loving no. To anyone in that backfield before the 10th round.

E: maybe the 6th in a 14 team league but even then I'd rather someone else take that bait.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

DMC looked like dogshit even when he was healthy; IMO Randle is the back to own in Dallas and you can probably get him for cheap

Spoeank posted:

DMC is going to severely test the idea that anyone can run behind that line. He bad football man.

I'm glad to hear that you're thinking the same way I'm thinking. I've been burned by McFadden too many times in the past, and there's absolutely no chance he's worth a first rounder to me. I don't know what round I would pick him up in because there would be too much value, but it ain't the first one.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I'd agree. I'll probably reach a round early to get Randle to be honest. He averaged 6.7 YPC last year, and the main knock on him I keep hearing is his off the field issues. But Lael Collins and Dez Bryant aren't boy scouts either, and Jerry Jones doesn't seem to mind having them on the team. I think he wins that starting job by the end of the year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Anyone who takes DMC in the first four rounds is an idiot, and you can tell them I said so. That's in any format.

e. Fantasy Sharks puts him as the #38th running back on their cheat sheet right now in a standard format.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 13, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Half the league were smart and trying to encourage someone else to waste a first round pick on him, the other half were giving their honest assessment.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RVProfootballer posted:

Half the league were smart and trying to encourage someone else to waste a first round pick on him, the other half were giving their honest assessment.

Possible I guess, but if someone else wants him early, more power to them. This is the league where Matthew Stafford was drafted first overall last year, so :shrug:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Silly Burrito posted:

What on earth?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

RVProfootballer posted:

This was my immediate thought as well. All of my friends thought I was a fantasy football dumbass for like the first two seasons we started playing fantasy football because I would just give the dumbest advice possible. Now almost a decade later it's morphed into this kind of bizarre meta-meta-meta game where everyone is giving cryptic double-meaning advice/opinion on players or talking about trades.

Fantasy football is really dumb awesome.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

VDay posted:

This was my immediate thought as well. All of my friends thought I was a fantasy football dumbass for like the first two seasons we started playing fantasy football because I would just give the dumbest advice possible. Now almost a decade later it's morphed into this kind of bizarre meta-meta-meta game where everyone is giving cryptic double-meaning advice/opinion on players or talking about trades.

Fantasy football is really dumb awesome.

This explains all the misinformation about Charlie Sims being "mini forte" when he is clearly "much better than forte, in football and in life"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I write dumb little things for a website for writing practice for fantasy sports and people in my league ask me advice because of it. It's so weird and I just give vague non-answers.

Especially since I'm Not Too Great at fantasy sports (compared to goons). It's all stabs in the dark, anyway.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Especially since I'm Not Too Great at fantasy sports (compared to goons). It's all stabs in the dark, anyway.

We all suck at it. It's all guessing and luck.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Gyshall posted:

2015 TE RANKS

1. Rob Gronkowski

HUGE loving DROP OFF

2. Jimmy Graham

HUGE loving DROP OFF

3. Kelce/Olsen/Whomeverthefuck

Seattle is a run first team, but Graham should see some serious work in the red zone. I think it is reasonable to expect similar production to what he did last year (zeroes included.)

If mariota is good Delanie Walker is going to be amazing

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I'm not making a TE ADP chart until I see pre-season usage for Graham and Kelce. Either one of those dudes could be huge, depending on how they use 'em this year.

Kelce in particular could be anything from just as good-but-inconsistent as he was last year (if Andy refuses to use him more, which is a very Andy thing to do), all the way up to "as good as Gronk", which Kelce is certainly capable of size/talent wise. It really comes down to usage for him.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I love DMC because my league haaaaates him so he's always free. They buy in way too hard to the "injury prone" label. He filled in once for me during bye week hell or something and managed to throw a TD that game.

My gameplan is to fill an entire roster with players who are utilized in wildcat formation. Maybe I'll grab Dalton this year in case he makes any more retarded TD receptions.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Teeter posted:

I love DMC because my league haaaaates him so he's always free. They buy in way too hard to the "injury prone" label. He filled in once for me during bye week hell or something and managed to throw a TD that game.

My gameplan is to fill an entire roster with players who are utilized in wildcat formation. Maybe I'll grab Dalton this year in case he makes any more retarded TD receptions.

Ummm, what?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

see also: Foster, Arian and Murray, Demarco

DMC is the most extreme example of it but my friends dismiss a lot of players because of their "risk." Not saying that DMC is a great RB choice but I've utilized him a few times because he's been a starting RB available on the wire in my league.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 13, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I'll be watching for DMC in late rounds, but it's quite possible he's just not very good in zone-blocking schemes. He's good picking up the blitz, so he'll probably still get play time to protect Romo (unless Dunbar improves in leaps and bounds), but Randle is the RB there with the best upside for fantasy.

Dude just needs to stop stealing underpants.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Is the Madden curse still a thing because apparently they picked OBJ for the cover.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

Is the Madden curse still a thing because apparently they picked OBJ for the cover.

I thought Madden 2015 was already going to be Richard Sherman? :confused:

Also, no, curses are not a thing.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Franks Happy Place posted:

Schefter just tweeted OBJ will be on the cover for 16.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

Schefter just tweeted OBJ will be on the cover for 16.

You should be more worried about the curse that comes from the fact that I made a blockbuster trade for him in my keeper league.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

You should be more worried about the curse that comes from the fact that I made a blockbuster trade for him in my keeper league.

Hahah, what blew up in your face previously? My brain isn't functioning right now due to hockey stress.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

Hahah, what blew up in your face previously? My brain isn't functioning right now due to hockey stress.

My 2014/2015 fantasy hockey team:

-Patrick Kane
-Slava Voynov
-Evander Kane
-Sami Vatanen
-Kevin Shattenkirk
-Johan Franzen
-Matthieu Perrault

..etc. etc.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

-Patrick Kane
-Slava Voynov
-Evander Kane
-Sami Vatanen
-Kevin Shattenkirk
-Johan Franzen

..etc. etc.

:stare:

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

I even ninja added one more I forgot. Plus there's another two or three dudes I can't even remember losing.

Still came in second. :tipshat:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

It might have tapered off in the last few years (I haven't been paying attention) but the Madden Curse actually totally was like a statistically significant indicator of poor future performance. Obviously it wasn't actually sorcery and there are about a billion reasons why Madden cover players had bad seasons (OBJ, for example, will probably be covered a lot better this season and could easily have a very down year) but it was totally A Thing. Vegas would make odds for it and let people bet on it and everything.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

-Patrick Kane
-Slava Voynov
-Evander Kane
-Sami Vatanen
-Kevin Shattenkirk
-Johan Franzen
-Matthieu Perrault

..etc. etc.

:stare:

I even ninja added one more I forgot. Plus there's another two or three dudes I can't even remember losing.

Still came in second. :tipshat:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

I talked a divulian amount of poo poo.

• Locked thread