Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Just feel I should offer some constructive criticism here. OP omits the ~numbers don't lie baby!!!!~ hot take from the previous thread about how awful Antonio Brown is. THanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Sorry for signing my post there.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

I found it strange in all this coverage they've never mentioned his aspergers once.

edit sure let's go with this :bsdsnype:

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 11, 2015

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

And our first category.

Here's the clue:

Who is #3 on this list?

You may recognize this hype train from its earlier work, 2013's hit film Snowpiercer. Forget how that one ends but the train does great work.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

That 5.06 YPC stat would be a fun one to throw around if you were looking to sell high.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Anybody in here happen to write for Dynasty League Football? I'm applying to be a writer and was looking for a pppuuusshhhh

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

:getin:

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Death to the preseason

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Does Pouncey's injury (8+ weeks) affect Le'Veon's value at all?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

The 6-7-8 picks in that draft really make it for me.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

I also love anyone that drafts the Eagles backfield after last year... especially that high. As a buy-low after Wk 9 McCoy owner from last year, enjoy listening to fantasy ~experts~ and putting your stock in that tilt-a-whirl of bullshit, you idiots.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

The Pats DEF in the 9th is an extremely iconoclastic maneuver. I respect and fear this fantasy owner.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Metapod posted:

Sankey is going to feast on defenses with this new thing they call the read option

Tell me more of this "read option"... is it like a screen pass?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

So im reading now that Hillman is considered "1B" to Anderson. I know Kubiak historically hasnt done timeshares, but should I run out and stash Hillman as an Anderson owner? Id probably be dropping Woodhead

The 1B distinction isn't like a splitting carries thing, it's just who the top backup is.

9News posted:

A development from the past three or four days is what's happened at his top backup spot. Ronnie Hillman has taken some 1B reps ahead of Montee Ball. (Tailback is the one position where the backup works in with the first-team offense. Thus, the 1B distinction).

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/2015/08/09/ronnie-hillman-cj-anderson-montee-ball-denver-broncos/31380583/

That said, Hillman has always looked great but his weakness was in pass protection, which by all accounts he seems to have corrected. He ripped off some solid games last year and is looking amazing in the preseason. If you're looking for a great stash, you could do much worse. I'm high on Woodhead this every year though so I wouldn't drop him unless you want/need a lotto ticket.

Edit: Oh I just saw you're a fellow Anderson owner. Hillman is the one I'm keeping over Ball. I want a share of that backfield.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Ayudo posted:

Any thoughts on Hillman vs. Dunbar as a bench warmer? They seem to have similar stand alone value, and either could see an increased role in case of injury. I own CJ Anderson and Dunbar now, but think grabbing Hillman might be the safer call vs. hoping Dunbar develops into a starting role due to injury. I could also drop Terence Williams (but he got like 8 TDs last year).

what's your RB situation like dawg

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Absolutely the right move.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

More penalties in this preseason game than the Bengals have yards. Not penalty yardage. Penalties.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

LmaoTheKid posted:

The Bengals look like garbage. Playoffs y'all.

FTFY

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

And there's a decent (not guaranteed!) chance that Charles Sims falls to you anyway.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Dropping Tyrod, adding Mike Vick :hellyeah:

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Forever_Peace posted:

You don't understand. Somebody was wrong on the internet.

You can't possibly expect folks to let honest mistakes slide. What are we - a bunch of reasonable people?

Ah yes, Randall Cunningham's Law.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Bradford has the second-most chance of injury for QBs this season (65%) according to Sports Injury Predictor, who should really work on their paywall because all you have to do to read it is stop your browser from loading all the way. That's the risk.

The reward is whatever that insanely high stat is of fantasy points for QBs in Kelly's system which I don't have on hand. Bradford can make the short to intermediate throws necessary for the system, he's got some hella talented wide receivers, that O line is ok (know good for run blocking, not sure about the pass), so the question is can he survive. Personally, I'm thinking the diet that Kelly has him on (O negative human blood and kale enemas, from what I've read) will keep him going through at least Week 7.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

well that answers the question of how he got swole during the offseason

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Gyshall posted:

apparently he ate steak after every workout too ~~~

lmao I hadn't read this but that ESPN article is a DAY OLD ahahaha

It hurts to laugh.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Papes posted:

Didn't Marcus Wheaton have like 800 yards on minimal targets last year?

16 games played, 53 rec, 644 yds, 2 TDs. Not just a stat line, but a solid punchline as well.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Gyshall posted:

Nice, I'm stealing this.

Everyone ITT should be running out to grab darrius heyward-bey to cover those 4 weeks without Bryant!

Have it, I share your hate for Wheaton.

Also, just saying, Sammie Coates's most similar player in his NFL draft profile was, BITCH U GUESSED IT, Martavis Bryant. And don't even get me started on his SPARQ score...

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

At least I got a solid team name out of it: Pineapple Fanta With a Splash of Martavis (background) :catdrugs:

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Amergin posted:

If he could catch a ball I'd agree with you.

Touche. Just check out his draft profile.

Pretty damning, right?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Oh my bad that's actually Martavis's draft profile

in conclusion I am a cool loving dude

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Doltos posted:

Sammie Coates is a super interesting prospect. He was a fringe first rounder but dropped really far because of his in game production and okayish measureables.
:psyberger:

District Selectman posted:

Foster is the perfect kind of player to draft for your bench. It's a smart move to go after as many high upside guys as possible for your bench and see who pans out IMO.

Absolutely, glad to see a lot of people are on board with this. Stash a few known solid commodities that won't be back for a bit, then reap the rewards when championship time comes around. Brady's schedule Wks 13-16? NYJ, @HOU, TEN, @PHI. Foster? @BUF, NE, @IND, @TEN. Only one yikes week for each, AND golden Wks 15 and 16.

Provided you can make it to the playoffs, they're solid investments.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Excellent.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Kelce TD, Tate TD, Brady TD... let's keep that going into the regular season fellas.

Edit: That looked like classic fencing posture from Allen Robinson there :(

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Zypher posted:

I'm starting to wonder if McCluster is the guy to own in Tennessee

https://vine.co/v/OID7uwW6mtj

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Martavis Bryant looks unstoppable.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

What sort of volume do you get in terms of PMs normally? Honest question.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

50 per day at peak. The custom request older is around 5000 lines long.
If any post is deserving of a :captainpop: this is it. I commend you on doing all of this for free.

Yeah gently caress you, guy!

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Ralph Wilson will burn this night, friends.
Took Karlos Williams in the second to last round of my rookie draft :getin:

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

[citation needed]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Yeah, and just a heads up, Hilton is currently in the concussion protocol. I did not intend that pun.

• Locked thread