Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

asdf32 posted:

Right and so is a hammer. What's your point.

I don't do what my hammer tells me to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I can't imagine any real relationship being a function or having no directional dependence.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
hey Jeffersonclay, why did you draw something exponential near the bottom instead of linear or logarithmic, both of which have at least some justification?

Why did you draw a function, when the likelihood of that being the case is close to nil? Why do you have no thresholds, when the likelihood of those, because of government assistance and the way expenses work, is pretty high? Why do you only have a single peak value?

Why is your graph so terrible?

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Once again that's a whole lot of terms with no actual meaning behind them. Not sure what "fractional uncertainties" you're talking about but still not sure how you think essentially taking the mean and doing tests on it is better than using the actual raw data. Any problems you have in the data that affect ols coeffs affect the mean. This is really simple.

Still not sure how you think r2 which you now admit is irrelevant to testing a coefficient "helps confirm" anything. Does the sky being blue also help confirm that a murder happened?

Fractional uncertainty is uncertainty as, well, a fraction. Not knowing that it's kinda basic to literally everything involving statistics does a great job as outing you as an idiot.

Also the sky being blue confirms that the murder was on earth. You continue to be an idiot.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Higher taxes are good, unless I'm the poor who already cannot afford to make ends meet are paying them
Yes, I agree completely

• Locked thread