Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

spoon0042 posted:

oh my god

this graph

look at it

That sure is a graph all right. It has 9000 whole units on the y-axis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

thehomemaster posted:

I don't see how communists think that this is a better idea than redistribution from the wealthy?

No, communists was popular control of the means of production. But yes, this is a half measure that really nobody on the left except for people who've lowered their expectations after years of political failure wants

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Ervin K posted:

Welcome to the real world, it's never going to change no matter how hard you try. The adorable thing is that this somehow upsets you.

Okay, so why do retarded manchild conservatives scream and throw louder and louder tantrums when left wing policy is enacted and is successful? The world's not going to change no matter how hard they try. You should take your own advice

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Ervin K posted:

Well I'm not surprised my point went over your head. What I was trying to say is that no government policy is going to change the value of low skill jobs. But keep crying about "DEM CONSERVATIVES :qq:"

The government can and does change the value of minimum wage jobs? By fiat? By declaring a minimum wage? Like I get you're not particularly bright but this is basic stuff dude. I don't care about your subjective valuation of low skilled labor, it's worth whatever the employer pays for it, and if they are required to pay a minimum wage then viola

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

paragon1 posted:

Area Man Accuses Bystanders of Throwing a Temper Tantrum With Angry Tears Welling Up

More at 11

Man Making $14.50 An Hour At The Local Amazon Warehouse Spits On Minimum Wage Workers

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Gravel Gravy posted:

Don't most restaurants skirt minimum wage anyway by having most of their staff making up wage revenue in tips?

Restaurants essentially don't have a minimum wage, correct

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Don't encourage him

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Chalets the Baka posted:

Read between the lines, human being. There are other metrics by which to determine an exact dollar amount, tying its increase as a function of productivity only determines the rate.

sh...shut up b-baka....

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

archangelwar posted:

It is immoral to prevent child labor in the Congo. You can't make an omelet without cracking a few small skullshands.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The thread was started by a GBS shitposter

LeoMarr posted:

The left is currently trying to attack big corporations again. Their ammunition this time? The mass layoffs that will occur when minimum wage is increased to $15. Big business and small business will suffer, and guess who's to blame? BIG OL' GUBMENT for allowing for-profit companies. So now wages must be maintained and jobs must stay so what do we do? Start phasing out public corporation and start phasing in Federally owned enterprises on a large scale.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i love pinochet so much

i wish pinochet-sempai would notice me. i make him bento and support fascist paramilitaries and march in demonstrations demanding the return of military rule and everything

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 5, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

TheJunkyardGod posted:

How many in-office and/or campaigning politicians have come out in favor of $15/hour?

How many posters ITT have come out in favor of $15/hour?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Literally all wage increases lead to increased prices. Inflation is part of a healthy economy

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

quote:

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad and the vampire, he had some awful
substance left with which he made a Strikebreaker. A Strikebreaker is a two-legged animal
with a cork-screwed soul, a water-logged brain, and a combination backbone made of jelly
and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.
When a Strikebreaker comes down the street men turn their backs and angels weep in
Heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of Hell to keep him out. No man has the right to be
a Strikebreaker, so long as there is a pool of water deep enough to drown his body in, or a
rope long enough to hang his carcass with. Judas Iscariot was a gentleman compared with
a Strikebreaker. For betraying his master, he had the character to hang himself –a
Strikebreaker hasn’t.
Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas Iscariot sold his Savior for thirty
pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the
British Army. The modern Strikebreaker sells his birthright, his country, his wife, his
children, and his fellow men for an unfilled promise from his employer, trust or
corporation.
Esau was a traitor to himself. Judas Iscariot was a traitor to God. Benedict Arnold was a
traitor to his country. A Strikebreaker is a traitor to himself, a traitor to his God, a traitor
to his country, a traitor to his family and a traitor to his class.
There is nothing lower than a Strikebreaker.

replace "strikebreaker" with "manager"

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 13, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Blue Raider posted:

let me know when they automate stewardesses

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-cost_carrier

of all the jobs to parade around as impervious to capitalism 1960s era Pan Am stewardess is a really really dumb choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The cotton gin created jobs instead of destroying them. Checkmate libtards :smug:

• Locked thread