Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Guys I heard paying workers more money is bad for the economy. c/d?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Sorry poor people, you'll have to continue living in poverty so we don't hurt Mr. Dumbfuck Sociopath's feefees.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Raising the minimum wage will cause a certain portion of the meth'ed out hill garbage to mewl. And this is a bad thing I guess.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Poors getting paid for enjoying the luxury of mud bath spas. Disgusting.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

I saw a woman using food stamps. There went my self esteem.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

It's implied the hypothetical person is a class traitor deserving of an ad hoc trial followed by execution, otherwise he would just consult his union on how to move forward.

Because demanding a raise is anathema.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

If this hypothetical person practiced better time preference, he would already earn more than a possible min wage increase. Therefore this person is lazy and why do you want to protect lazy people?

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Dehumanize yourself and face to the market.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

The market has decided it wants a steady diet of mashed up child hands. Who are we to deprive the market?

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

The idea of young people getting paid enough to build a nice savings while moving into adulthood or being less reliant on loans really hurts my self esteem.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Cole please think about the self esteem of teen sociopaths and how bad it would be to force them to rely on charity or handouts to get by.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

The biggest negative impact avoided being the abolition of impoverished workers.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

You should only drink enough water so that your piss is orange and stings.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Please don't intellectual loving child watermelon gently caress shame.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Ardennes posted:

Ultimately the problem with the EITC is it is tied to the tax code, and that makes it really a issue for most poor people who live week. An emphasis on a minimum wage would do more for working people by giving them the ability to spend on a reliable basis. Also by being tied to the budget the EITC is going to be an issue in a way a minimum wage isn't.

Also it could be argued that the EITC would still likely lead to price increases because the government will likely have to increase taxes to pay for it or if it deficits spends it has to increase the money supply. Ultimately, I don't think it is necessarily that big of a deal though if only because we do have some systems in place to account for increasing prices.

Porque no los dos?

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Leftists supporting cost of living adjustments are against cost of living adjustments. Stop supporting cost of living adjustments, you're hurting cost of living adjustments.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

ASDF, how do you square your lack of demand for a minimum wage with your idea that demand is basically infinite?

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Why do you want to decrease the supply of workers by 10 billion percent?

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Horking Delight posted:

When you say exponential, do you mean polynomial?

I bet you think 2 is equal to 1 plus 1. Idiot.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Your Weird Uncle posted:

wait so his argument is "it would be beneficial for poor people to make under a living wage"?

what am i not getting here just typing that sentence felt dumb

Min wage increase is a panacea of solutions and if there are any negatives, nothing can be done about said negatives. Assuming they exist. Which they might not. Who knows?

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Growing up I would share lunch with a friend because her family could only afford to feed her once a day at dinner and hunger pains during the day would distract her from the classwork. It's good to know that she actually should have been grateful that she got the minimum caloric intake necessary not to die.

Tell us more about your headmates.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

silence_kit posted:

To be fair, it is pretty usual for leftists in these threads to vacillate between the two positions of "economics is a bogus science" and "economic surveys show . . . (some really weak effect which bolsters my point)", depending on whether it is ideologically convenient or not.

Agreed. The laffer curve is bogus therefore all of economic study is bogus.

Have you heard of this guy Freud? Man, Psychology as a field is just so bogus.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Edit: don't have time for this.

President Kucinich fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 20, 2015

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

I don't know about ya'll but I'm pumped finding out working poor people don't exist. Headed to the cemetery right now to dig up some friends and remind them they're not dead from choosing between treating a tooth ache versus making rent that month. Then I'll drive down to the local school supply charity building and let them kids know their parents aren't really poor and no they don't need those supplies, while admiring the empty halfway houses along the way.

Thanks for shining the light of truth on us, GP.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

I'm starting a national tour where I visit all the pauper graves with a bullhorn in hand to demand those lazy fucks get a job and stop complaining.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

No, his argument is he's an obese toddler that hasn't learned object permanence yet.

He sleeps with a night light on so capitalism doesn't disappear into the dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Do you really think you're improving this thread or this forum by coming in when another user is probated and dropping sick burns on them?

Fine, I'll shut up.

President Kucinich fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 24, 2015

• Locked thread