Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ervin K posted:

$15 an hour is ridiculous. I've made minimum wage most of my young life (which was $10.50 CAD where I live), and that was more than reasonable considering the work I did was extremely simple and required no education or training. Also, at the time finding a job was much harder than putting up with the low pay. Now that I recently finished my education I'm making around $14 an hour, and the idea that some teenager can get a zero-skill job and start getting paid more than I did after years of studying is absurd. If you want to get paid more, go to school, get promoted, or get a job with hazard pay. Otherwise, consume less. Raising the minimum to $15 for work that any stupid teenager can do is just going to make everything really expensive for everyone else and make it even harder for uneducated people to get jobs. You're not going to transfer wealth from the rich to the poor this way, all this will accomplish is expand the lower class and raise the poverty line.

Your guts are loving retarded. That's pretty much all the reply this deserves.

Oh hey, crab mentality.

Also, aren't you assuming that your $14 an hour job has any real skill to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread