Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Same as most Alphas.Big pile of poo poo but there's a little chunk of corn inside that you wouldn't want to eat but maybe some homeless guy would for a dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
It performs decently enough. The most common problem, and worst one at that, is getting black screen when logging onto server, which may or may not be easily solvable. At best you restart the game, at worst you'll have to delete your character and start with new one.

Besides that I'm getting a bug where when I draw a bowstring I cannot shoot arrow or change to another weapon unless I go to inventory and change the bows slot. And occasional crah here or there. Or bear not being next to me until he kills me.

Fake edit: For some reason, invasion of H1Z1 reminds me of this: http://www.somethingawful.com/mmo-roulette/endlessforest/1/

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Nietzschean posted:

If you've ever played any of the SA minecraft PVP servers like Blockskriege or Keepcraft then this is right up your alley! As with any game like this, playing with goons is the best and only way to play.

Keepcraft was the best, and this game reminds me so much of keepcraft. Down to base raids, bow and arrow duels, and sprinting across miles of zombie filled wasteland cause you need a piece of string.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Wow you guys even bought an ad space for this bucket of poo poo.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

How do the multiple servers work, do I have a persistent guy that hops between servers like day z or is my guy locked to a server?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Stormgale posted:

How do the multiple servers work, do I have a persistent guy that hops between servers like day z or is my guy locked to a server?

You create a new guy when you move to a new server. However since there's no skill progression or anything, in practice this means starting on a new server is no different from dying on a server you're already on except that you probably don't have a shack/stash with some stuff already.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Played for a bit last night. Got chased by wolves for an hour through the woods keeping myself alive with berries and bandages made from chopped up zombies, got to one of our forts and got let inside, and got locked in because no-one would tell me the password to get out.

Seems fun.

edit: Not that being locked in the base matters because I can't even load into the game any more and just get stuck on the loading screen :bravo:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 6, 2015

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Yeah, we encourage people not to log in the base. For some reason proximity to the sheer number of poo poo in a base (Often a base will contain more material than any given neighborhood in the game packed into a really dense area) causes you to have issues logging.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
Ill definitely come check out the swarm in H1Z1. The first week or two when this hit was awesome with the goons.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
this game owns when playing with a bunch of nerds. still many, many bugs though and dbg sucks at fixing them.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So far this game has not deleted boot.ini or had any other :ccp:-level issues so honestly I feel pretty happy with it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

BERGfu posted:

Wow you guys even bought an ad space for this bucket of poo poo.

eve goons

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

eve was boring as poo poo most of the time and this sounds like it would be too

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

OMGVBFLOL posted:

eve was boring as poo poo most of the time and this sounds like it would be too

Yeah it blows, but griefing is fun. Also TMC gotta get paid.

E- autocorrect

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Will this game make me incredibly angry at people forcing me to chop them up and poo poo inevitably ending with my becoming intoxicated after drinking too much Jack & Coke?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Start with brandy old-fashioneds. Also this game is great never not be great game. (it's buggy as hell and poorly optimized, but like DayZ you make your own fun.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a little apprehensive about zombie survival game #83 or whatever but I did like EVE with goons so I'll probably be picking this poo poo up this weekend.

Griefing and pubbie tears is my favorite aspect of video gaming so I'd be remiss if I didn't jump at the opportunity.

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

I'm a little apprehensive about zombie survival game #83 or whatever but I did like EVE with goons so I'll probably be picking this poo poo up this weekend.

Griefing and pubbie tears is my favorite aspect of video gaming so I'd be remiss if I didn't jump at the opportunity.

H1Z1 has so many absurd and hilarious moments. So far my favorite is beating on a car window with a crowbar while the guy in the driver seat cursed at me and IMP in general. This while wearing underwear and a -uniform- t-shirt.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jaroslav posted:

Come play this stupid game with me. This game is like EvE in that it is extremely poo poo but also extremely fun. The amount of outrage people seem to generate when you kill them on a pvp server is amazing.

Are there more oldschool Gammasquads playing? This is breaky btw

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Moridin920 posted:

I'm loving tired of zombie games like you wouldn't believe, but the zombies in H1Z1 aren't the real unending flood of bloodthirsty things that used to be human. :getin:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Also the game has enough zombies now for them to be a threat. There must have been at least a hundred surrounding the dam last night.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Smedley literally bribed bored EVE goons to play this game. Somehow, even with goons, this is even more unsavory.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Looking forward to trying the game out tomorrow and playing this weekend.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
How much did TMC get paid for advertising H1Z1 on their website and also here I wonder?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I've been playing H1Z1 off and on since launch, it's improved significantly and they've patched it more in months than DayZ has received in years. I find the hackers more of an issue than the bugs.

Rebuilding everything after a wipe is pretty painful though so I've been mainly sticking to Battle Royale, but I'm definitely up for getting in on some swarm action. :smugdog:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Got the game, spent some time fiddling with options and would've changed binds but to find out I don't really have to change a thing; they already have Crouch set to C as a toggle, even.

I can say one good thing about the game; they have sensible keybinds.

Also I arrow'd some zombies and deer on a server I picked at random I guess. Got a motorcycle helmet and a backpack and now I see why so many characters look like that.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Playing this game with goons was an inevitability for me.

You have my machete.

edit: I am getting on this mumble game STAT

double edit: guys I'm a big ol human being

TwingeCrag fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 7, 2015

Confused_Pete
Jul 1, 2003

0_o ?
im on mumble and in game as redacted

Confused_Pete fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 7, 2015

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fanatic posted:

I've been playing H1Z1 off and on since launch, it's improved significantly and they've patched it more in months than DayZ has received in years. I find the hackers more of an issue than the bugs.

Rebuilding everything after a wipe is pretty painful though so I've been mainly sticking to Battle Royale, but I'm definitely up for getting in on some swarm action. :smugdog:

20 goons working together puts a base together and stocks it in literally a couple of hours.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
loving hell I can't play a game where I am not attacked by a damned bear and killed within two minutes or last game some fucker came up to me, waved then killed me with a machete and violated my pantless corpse.

chinchilla
May 1, 2010

In their native habitat, chinchillas live in burrows or crevices in rocks. They are agile jumpers and can jump up to 6 ft (1.8 m).
dont you think its in kinda poor taste to name a game after the H1N1 virus, what about all those asian people who died from that virus

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

chinchilla posted:

dont you think its in kinda poor taste to name a game after the H1N1 virus, what about all those asian people who died from that virus

No

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

chinchilla posted:

I'm sure they have games with content that would highly offend us.

Also trip report. I am working from home today and playing. While on a call I ran into a house and parked myself on a bathroom vanity closing the door behind me. Hearing a door open and footsteps I jumped back into the game just in time for the door to open. Surprise! I killed some poor unsuspecting bastard with my machete and stole all his poo poo. I can only imagine the shock of seeing some lunatic in his underwear standing on a sink leaping down to kill him. Fun times.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 7, 2015

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

demonR6 posted:

I'm sure they have games with content that would highly offend us.

Also trip report. I am working from home today and playing. While on a call I ran into a house and parked myself on a bathroom vanity closing the door behind me. Hearing a door open and footsteps I jumped back into the game just in time for the door to open. Surprise! I killed some poor unsuspecting bastard with my machete and stole all his poo poo. I can only imagine the shock of seeing some lunatic in his underwear standing on a sink leaping down to kill him. Fun times.

I've ambushed like 5 people in the bathroom now.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
Login bugs supposedly fixed in tomorrow's patch, :getin:

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

Numismancer posted:

Login bugs supposedly fixed in tomorrow's patch, :getin:

what about the crashing way too often when not doing much at all bugs?

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Zaepho posted:

what about the crashing way too often when not doing much at all bugs?

No idea, the May 1st patch broke tons of everything, I've not had your crashing problem at all but the loading bug is the current #1 goonfucker across all our outposts. Hopefully this fixes all that poo poo.

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

Numismancer posted:

No idea, the May 1st patch broke tons of everything, I've not had your crashing problem at all but the loading bug is the current #1 goonfucker across all our outposts. Hopefully this fixes all that poo poo.

At least that would help with the "Hey I got logged in finally! Let me get geared up and head out to do some poo poo! gently caress!! I crashed. See y'all in another hour or so"

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Numismancer posted:

It's especially bad because one outpost can generally support a group goonrushing in for a defense or something, but last night Misery hosted another servers population for the entire night, and it hit our stores pretty hard (Mainly because we were only a day old outpost)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How many child rapists are there per capita?

• Locked thread