Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Nathilus posted:

Is there any way to stop the game or any of the launchers from putting gigs of garbage on the system drive? If there's some .cfg I can edit that will make .minecraft and all of its poo poo go to D:/ or wherever, that would be really awesome. With all the garbage that gets written to C:/ by games and other apps I'm going to have to eventually partition a drive with more than 100 gigs as the system partition but I'll be damned if I do it for loving minecraft.

This was a few pages back but technic launcher has the ability to install to wherever you want. You can do it on first run or you can go to launcher options -> move if it's already installed.

You have two options for choosing your own install path- you can change the directory of a standard install (meaning that the launcher configuration file is still stored in your user directory, but everything else is moved to your directory of choice), or you can use a portable install (meaning that everything is in your chosen directory but you have to run the launcher executable from the directory).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
On an unrelated note, uh....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbcz9_ubhQ0

This is a thing.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Parkour Does Not Work That Way

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Vib Rib posted:

"I really don't mind it" is sure high praise for a mod. You're right about its mobs, though. What about Imps? Surely you guys all love those wandering idiots and their poison meat, and their not-quite-leather hide.

Compared to other mods, it actually is. I like the variety it gives, even if it's just a bit here and there. Though I could do without all the unique, somewhat buggy versions of crafting tables that don't properly and fully work, nor do they oredic properly.

Natura is the source of the Redwoods which I absolutely, 100% love. They're absolutely gorgeous and the corewood's planking goes with just about anything. They're also the most bug and lag free mega-tree out there as far as I know (MFR lasers really do not like being in the canopy of any mega tree).

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

TheresaJayne posted:

Well, you can't shift click into a crafting bench as which slot should it go into?
they do have left click and drag to even out, right click and drag to place one of each

It was more for like shift+ mouse movement over a bunch of items in a chest / crafting table to move them into your inventory. I'm probably not describing this well.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Sweden (the country) has made a mod for more realistic geology. It's interesting at least. I do wonder it it's all oredicted.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2421442-bettergeo-more-geology-in-minecraft

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

It was more for like shift+ mouse movement over a bunch of items in a chest / crafting table to move them into your inventory. I'm probably not describing this well.

That's Invtweaks, isn't it?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Guys seriously I wanna get into this again but I'm only really interested in making trains and moving really fast. (and maybe submarines too if those are a thing)

What version is considred the best to use currently, also? I don't know much about how things have progressed since I've been gone

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Rutibex: "1.2.5!!" :v:

Latest version is fine, mods are caught up to it and matured beyond their respective ports.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Out of curiosity, does anyone have a link to Agrarian Skies 2 hosted on Technic?

I remember it popped up once last thread, but I couldn't find it after a brief look and thought it'd be easier to ask here.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Here

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bigperm posted:

Sweden (the country) has made a mod for more realistic geology. It's interesting at least. I do wonder it it's all oredicted.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2421442-bettergeo-more-geology-in-minecraft

Finally a use for all this Tungsten Ore I have been hording since 1.2.5

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone used HQM to make tutorials for the really popular Tech / Magic mods?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Turtlicious posted:

Has anyone used HQM to make tutorials for the really popular Tech / Magic mods?

Baby's First Space Race has a pretty comprehensive quest book.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

That's Invtweaks, isn't it?

That does all the shift clicking but shift hovering seems to no longer exist since awhile back far as i can tell :iiam:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Light Gun Man posted:

That does all the shift clicking but shift hovering seems to no longer exist since awhile back far as i can tell :iiam:
Maybe Mouse Tweaks?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

That sounds like probably it, thanks!

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

bigperm posted:

I can fap to this.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Datasmurf posted:

I can fap to this.

That mod isn't the only one with block hardness around here if you know what I'm sayin hehh hehh

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
Ok KoL I know we promised to stop doing this but did you guys record at all Thursday night? I want to reset the map to turn off hardcore mode, but if that's going to screw you guys up then we'll forget it and just give everyone 99 lives.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

This is a thing.

Please tell me this still works on current versions so I can be mad at our resident modpack builders for not including it recently. :emo:

Edit: Oh, false alarm. It's brand new. Can't wait to give it a whirl!

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

30.5 Days posted:

This was a few pages back but technic launcher has the ability to install to wherever you want. You can do it on first run or you can go to launcher options -> move if it's already installed.

You have two options for choosing your own install path- you can change the directory of a standard install (meaning that the launcher configuration file is still stored in your user directory, but everything else is moved to your directory of choice), or you can use a portable install (meaning that everything is in your chosen directory but you have to run the launcher executable from the directory).

Thanks. Last time I deleted a minecraft launcher its /appdata subdirectory on C had ballooned ridiculously. I'm the retarded rear end in a top hat who only gave my win7 system partition 100 gigs. In my defense I could not have foreseen every current application would want to store gigs of its poo poo on there.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I was poking about on the ATlauncher page for RR3 servers to play on, and noticed that one of the servers has 56/255 players online right now, with others at 20+. How the loving hell? :psyduck:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I was poking about on the ATlauncher page for RR3 servers to play on, and noticed that one of the servers has 56/255 players online right now, with others at 20+. How the loving hell? :psyduck:

Somebody on the RR team is capable of affording either a dedi host with 64GB RAM, or made their own 64GB/Xeon machine and colocates it (probably the latter).

In short, they have way more money than I do, I couldn't possibly afford that.

E: Multiple teams can do this apparently. Wish I had that kind of money to throw away on servers :shrug:

E2: Yeah, there's no way they're not colocating, 64GB dedis for straight up hosted are in the near 1k/month range. gently caress sakes, that's like an apartment in cost. A server. Jesus Christ.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 10, 2015

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

30.5 Days posted:

This is a thing.

:eyepop: I'll take twelve!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Wowie zowie trying to get everything installed just right to get onto one of those RR3 servers is not worth it. At least with Technic it's just install pack and go.

Maybe I'll wander back into Modderation or something in the morning--or maybe OMP-i, since I already achieved post-scarcity on Modderation :v:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Wowie zowie trying to get everything installed just right to get onto one of those RR3 servers is not worth it. At least with Technic it's just install pack and go.

Maybe I'll wander back into Modderation or something in the morning--or maybe OMP-i, since I already achieved post-scarcity on Modderation :v:

As a warning to you and anyone else looking at it, Omp-i is currently in it's last days with this map. There's a ridiculously massive update (139>171 mods, lots of config poo poo, huge overhauls in aesthetics) coming and a whole new reworked worldgen. Probably at the latest next Saturday, hopefully sooner.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

bigperm posted:

It's like the sweet sweet lovechild of Terrafirmacraft's metal and rock system with normal Minecraft everything else and lack of cave-ins. And Jetpacks. :swoon: :hf: :sweden:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

StealthArcher posted:

As a warning to you and anyone else looking at it, Omp-i is currently in it's last days with this map. There's a ridiculously massive update (139>171 mods, lots of config poo poo, huge overhauls in aesthetics) coming and a whole new reworked worldgen. Probably at the latest next Saturday, hopefully sooner.

Sweet. If it wouldn't take forever for you I'd love a rough overview of what's changing.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
There was a mod that let you build multi block portals that was really cool, it wasn't the stargate one. Anyone know what it is called?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Reason posted:

There was a mod that let you build multi block portals that was really cool, it wasn't the stargate one. Anyone know what it is called?

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/225921-enhanced-portals-3

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

^As an aside, i has this.

Mzbundifund posted:

Sweet. If it wouldn't take forever for you I'd love a rough overview of what's changing.

Well, I have the time right now, so here's the current tentative changelog:

code:

OMP - 2.0.0

Removed:
- Journeymap, replaced by Voxelmap

Added:
- Liteloader |> Voxelmap, VoxelCam, WorldEdit Single Player
- TabbyChat 1.11.2.2
- TC Node Tracker 1.1.0
- TradeBooth 1.7.10.2
- Steve's Addons 0.10.8
- Sanguimancy 1.1.9.26
- Streams 0.1.4
- RF Windmills 0.5
- Redstonic 1.3.3
- Miscellany 0.6.1
- Open ModTurrets 1.3.8-35
- E-Mobile 1.2.1
- ExtraCarts 0.8.0
- Extra Fixes 0.8.0
- Catwalks 1.1.0
- AuraCascade 3.62
- Progression 0.3.3
- Dimensional Doors 2.2.5t8
- MouseTweaks 2.4.4
- Aesthetics and Background stuff

Updated:
- Galacticraft set to 3.0.11.333
- ThermalSmeltery to 1.2.1
- EnderIO to 2.2.8.367
- NEI to 1.0.4.106
- ChickenCore to 1.0.6.43
- Botania to r1.6-187
- ExtraCells to 2.2.69bNIGHTLY
- Forestry to 3.5.4.13
- Gendustry to 1.4.10.77
- TConstruct to 1.8.4a
- AOBD to 2.6.1
- Forge/Cauldron to 10.13.3.1388
- EnderStorage to 1.4.7.36
- ThaumicEnergistics to 0.8.9.3a-rv2
- ThermalFoundation to 1.0.0-81
- Thermal Expansion to 4.0.1-182
- Redstone Arsenal to 1.1.0-80
- COFHCore to 3.0.2-262
- Thermal Dynamics to 1.0.0-122
- MFR to 2.8.0-104
- NetherOres to 2.3.0-12
- BloodMagic to 1.3.2-1
- Applied Energistics to rv2-Beta-33

Changes (WorldGen):

- Biome Distribution weights redone.

- COFH Oregen Changes:
	- Overall small ore clump density reduced, you'll see about 25% reduction in overall ore quantity as a general concentration.
	- Giant veins of biome-specific ores added to every biome in the game.
	- Rare geode caches of other stuff added.
	- More surprises akin to the old single Ludicrite spawn.
	- Dungeons of hellish poo poo thrown in as rare little tricks of Sigma leaking over.

Changes (General):

- MFR machines returned to standard recipes, Easymode DSU recipe no longer needed, removed.
- Headcrumbs further suppressed.
- Progression adds tech trees, everyone's absolute favorite thing:
	- Multiple focus paths of tech advancement will be available.
	- You'll spend science, gained through various actions to open up mods for use.
	- Given this is being done by me, this is mostly to add some kind of advancement system, it'll be pretty easy for determined people to blaze through their trees.
	- High advancements even unlock cheaper recipes and more efficient things, rather than just allowing access to stuff that's normal.
	- Completely skippable for people in SP who feel this sort of thing is BS.

- Iguana's Tinker Tweaks reworked slightly, restrictions on vanilla tools completely revoked.
- More tweaked recipes in MineTweaker
- Insert more here as I do poo poo.

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

StealthArcher posted:

code:
- Progression adds tech trees, everyone's absolute favorite thing:
	- Multiple focus paths of tech advancement will be available.
	- You'll spend science, gained through various actions to open up mods for use.
	- Given this is being done by me, this is mostly to add some kind of advancement system, it'll be pretty easy for determined people to blaze through their trees.
	- High advancements even unlock cheaper recipes and more efficient things, rather than just allowing access to stuff that's normal.
	- Completely skippable for people in SP who feel this sort of thing is BS.
This sounds interesting and my semester conveniently ends this week.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Most of that sounds pretty good, only part I'm not super excited about is that I like Journeymap. Hooray for Mousetweaks and Dimensional Doors though!!

Do you want feedback on mods we'd like to see added or would you prefer to not open those particular floodgates?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

Most of that sounds pretty good, only part I'm not super excited about is that I like Journeymap. Hooray for Mousetweaks and Dimensional Doors though!!

Do you want feedback on mods we'd like to see added or would you prefer to not open those particular floodgates?

Feel free to suggest whatever the hell you want man, i was half built on the drunken ramblings of buddies in TeamSpeak. Do realize there's just some poo poo (Witchery, Archimedes' Ships), that is unworkable.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Adventure Backpacks are amazing and every mod should have them.

Those and inventory pets.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

Those and inventory pets.

Oh crap how did I forget the inventory pets, in.

Adv Backpacks were a mess with the setup last i tried, but I'll give them another shot at being in.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Sent you a google doc list of stuff on Steam!

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

StealthArcher posted:

code:
- COFH Oregen Changes:
	- Overall small ore clump density reduced, you'll see about 25% reduction in overall ore quantity as a general concentration.
	- Giant veins of biome-specific ores added to every biome in the game.
	- Rare geode caches of other stuff added.
	- More surprises akin to the old single Ludicrite spawn.
	- Dungeons of hellish poo poo thrown in as rare little tricks of Sigma leaking over.
I don't play the pack, but I do read up on people playing with the CoFH oregen. Might I suggest rare surface deposits in biomes matching the veins assigned to them? Players would get an impression of what ores are assigned where without having to understand the oregen files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Turtlicious posted:

So yeah, I looked at it....

Adventure Backpacks posted:

This mod also adds the following:

- A classy Fedora. Looks cool.

My first thought was...