Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
On the one hand, that sounds terrible. On the other, if it was some kind of Tiberium/Corruption hybrid super-plant that slowly choked the surface as a consequence of the player's bullshit, that can be combated in various ways (Mostly fire), that would be so very cool. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Thyrork posted:

On the one hand, that sounds terrible. On the other, if it was some kind of Tiberium/Corruption hybrid super-plant that slowly choked the surface as a consequence of the player's bullshit, that can be combated in various ways (Mostly fire), that would be so very cool. :allears:

a C&C mod based around tiberium poo poo would be awesome all the way around.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Alkydere posted:

Someone on the last Progress server did a lot of testing, turns out the best bow material (short or crossbow, and well longbow but those are just unweildy to use) is, of course, slime. pink > blue > green >> all metals for the parts that take metal/slime. Ludicrous damage, rapid reload rate. Obviously the ammunition should be manyllium or some expensive/absurd metal like that, coated in moss and all the nether quartz you can stuff on it, but the bow/crossbow should be slime.

Does this mean the strings and stuff too or is that still fire string or enchanted fabric or something as best?

Sistergodiva posted:

Sorry, but does anyone know which mods I shouldn't add to the servers mod folder? Any other stuff I need to drop into the server folder?

Or does anyone have a pre-made server folder for omp-i?

I believe this should be it: https://mega.co.nz/#!ZZEGnCaC!IkT5S_2X4Phoyx-sWZNY4JP-hkITa0FZdM4Klr2vI_A

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Strings are still the non-slime things, yeah.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Light Gun Man posted:

Does this mean the strings and stuff too or is that still fire string or enchanted fabric or something as best?

Since I'm pretty sure Slime String doesn't exist, you just do whatever. Natura's Flamestring will give it +attack and -fire rate (takes longer to draw). No clue you could use enchanted fabric to make TiC strings.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Thanks!

We had a great time with the mod. But I'm not really sure how tool progression works.

Is there any specific mod I could check out to understand how the tools and tiers work? Or is it custom for this pack?

Like, I can make stone and flint pick axes and then the next tier is obsidian?

Iguana says you need to use a smeltery, but I could use a normal furnace to smelt copper and stuff, so it's tweaked?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Pneumaticraft has seeds that plant by throwing them into the world and keying then take a hold that way. Certain plants can grow on grass and they all have specific ways of propagating. It's usually an annoying way too. Anyways when you break them if you don't catch them they can replant. Though I think these days they wait a couple seconds before replanting.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

deadly_pudding posted:

It sort of makes sense, if you assume slime to be highly elastic and flexible. You want the bow/string to be able to stretch as far as possible, while snapping rather violently back to their original shapes once you stop pulling.

That part makes sense, but for some reason the math is set up so making even the body of a crossbow out of a rigid metal punishes you.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Sistergodiva posted:

Thanks!

We had a great time with the mod. But I'm not really sure how tool progression works.

Is there any specific mod I could check out to understand how the tools and tiers work? Or is it custom for this pack?

Like, I can make stone and flint pick axes and then the next tier is obsidian?

Iguana says you need to use a smeltery, but I could use a normal furnace to smelt copper and stuff, so it's tweaked?

I'm honestly not sure how it works because I found a treasure chest with a thaumium pick in it pretty early and bypassed a lot of it :v:

My advice is that you can use mob heads on tools to upgrade their mining level. I think you're supposed to start with flint stuff and either level it up via use or skulls until copper maybe and then get into iron / steel / whatever else above that as usual.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm honestly not sure how it works because I found a treasure chest with a thaumium pick in it pretty early and bypassed a lot of it :v:

My advice is that you can use mob heads on tools to upgrade their mining level. I think you're supposed to start with flint stuff and either level it up via use or skulls until copper maybe and then get into iron / steel / whatever else above that as usual.

Yeah, the stuff I found was vanilla tool, which are disabled in this pack.

I think I realized that I need to use a smelter, not for the ingots, but the tool parts themselves, going to try that.

Right now I'm having major problems moving my single player world to the server.

Moving the save for the world and renaming the folder world makes the server actually run it. The problem is that some mods are apparently missing. Like all the tinkers construct items will be gone, and trying to craft them will be impossible even though the result shows up in the crafting space. The log is full of "Skipping Entity with id"

Guessing I need to move some folders from outside the save folder, but not sure which.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The thing with tools is Iguana tweaks
You can just turn it off by editing the configs.
The tools you can make generally start as poo poo but "level up" when you use them, which gives them new aspects and possibly slots to modify them and in the case of picks raises mining level.

I have a flint pickaxe that can mine ARDITE now, and it levelled up that high just getting materials for my first base and first few machines. But generally building a smeltery's the way to go for things.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Also just so it's known, there is a bit of a recipe conflict in OMP-i where trying to make vanilla stained glass will instead make hamster balls.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

That is the best possible bug and I hope it stays.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Got it down to these errors when trying to run my SP world on my server. I have moved everything I could think of from the SP folder to where it should be in the server folder.

Maybe one of you wizards can see a pattern in this?

code:
[01:43:57 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id TileNode
[01:43:57 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id TileNode
[01:43:57 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id forestry.Swarm
[01:43:57 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id tile.projectred.exploration.lily|0
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id TileNode
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id forestry.Swarm
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id ToolStation
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id binnie.tile.metadata
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id binnie.tile.metadata
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id CraftingStation
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id PatternHolder
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id PartCrafter
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id tile.projectred.exploration.lily|0
[01:43:58 WARN]: Skipping BlockEntity with id forestry.Swarm
Tried starting it with a .bat instead but I get the same problems.

Everything seems to work fine except that all the tinker items are gone and I can't craft them.

Is there a .bat I should use to load the mods properly?

Sistergodiva fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 15, 2015

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gilok posted:

That is the best possible bug and I hope it stays.

The only thing that sucks is that I can't figure out any other way to make the glass, and thus am also cut off from the chisel variants. Oh well.

Also I just put a pink slime crossbow limb on my crossbow and wow, it loving owns. 0.25 second reload :getin:

Anyone know the min/max strats for crossbow bolts then? Here's what I have right now, they're pretty good but stuff still isn't dying in one hit consistently (although the 0.25 reload is making that a bit of a non-issue)

the crossbow is I believe all manyullyn except the pink slime limb and regular string. The bolts are manyullyn core, and I think slimeleaf fletching. I'm thinking now that they are leveled up to max I should load up all the +modifier addons and fill them with quartz and lapis?

edit: fiery bowstring gives a multiplier to arrow speed, gently caress yea.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 15, 2015

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It really sucked in Regrowth, when I made a super badass crossbow like that, and then I fought Botania's boss (the Terra guardian or whatever?) and apparently the bolts didn't even hurt it. I could have killed that thing so drat fast if they'd let me.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

So what's the "everything plus the kitchen sink" modpack de jour? I've been looking to get back into the game for awhile now, and I have no idea where to start, I just want everything to play with.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

The real annoying thing is that Endermen are immune to ranged (they just teleport) which are the real enemies I want to use TiC crossbows on. Goddamnit fucker, put that grass block down! That's my garden you're tearing up! :bahgawd:

Luckily EnderIO has a special sword just for those fuckers.

Jaramin posted:

So what's the "everything plus the kitchen sink" modpack de jour? I've been looking to get back into the game for awhile now, and I have no idea where to start, I just want everything to play with.

Either Modderation: Permabanned or the OMP suite. Check the PGS subforum for more information on both.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I'm waiting on the new OMP and still have to check out Modderation, but as far as having everything, I've been trying out the 1.7.10 pack and having a pretty good time with that. I think people earlier said that Buildcraft and Industrialcraft, which are both in it, are bad, but I don't know the details of that and they've been fine so far.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Is there anything around now like MCMMO? I saw that it isn't supported anymore.
Though it's looking like Thaumcraft is likely the direction our server will be going if we do start dumping mods in.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Has anyone played around with this mod? http://adventofascension.gamepedia.com/Advent_of_Ascension_Wiki

I'm a sucker for the idea of dimension-hopping and more RPG elements.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Alkydere posted:

The real annoying thing is that Endermen are immune to ranged (they just teleport) which are the real enemies I want to use TiC crossbows on. Goddamnit fucker, put that grass block down! That's my garden you're tearing up! :bahgawd:

Botania's Vinculotus flower is pretty great for them too, whenever an enderman within a large radius teleports, the Vinculotus forces them to teleport to the flower. You might not be able to hit them with your crossbow, but you can still shoot them and force them to teleport into whatever nightmarish Enderman Hell you've constructed.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Alkydere posted:

If the pack you're in has Xeno's Reliquary, make a hunter's handgun for endermen. They, like all things, cannot outsmart boolet.

E: And for those who ar gonna ask, yes. OMPi is blowing up in about 5-10 minutes, come on in, grab op and go to town.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

StealthArcher posted:

If the pack you're in has Xeno's Reliquary, make a hunter's handgun for endermen. They, like all things, cannot outsmart boolet.

E: And for those who ar gonna ask, yes. OMPi is blowing up in about 5-10 minutes, come on in, grab op and go to town.

How long until the restart? Is that tomorrow because I've been itching to play on a Minecraft server ever since Progress went poof.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Alkydere posted:

How long until the restart? Is that tomorrow because I've been itching to play on a Minecraft server ever since Progress went poof.

It is tommorow. What time depends on how quick I can finish up the final touches, but tommorow.

By 23:59:59 MST

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

CuddlyZombie posted:

Has anyone played around with this mod? http://adventofascension.gamepedia.com/Advent_of_Ascension_Wiki

I'm a sucker for the idea of dimension-hopping and more RPG elements.
It looks like it's a successor (or spiritual successor anyway) to a mod I played once called DivineRPG. It had a lot of balance issues, and it seemed barely finished in a lot of places. One big thing was the dimensions/enemies were set up in such a way that any equipment not from that mod got obsolete real fast, so don't expect it to play nice with others. That said, if you're looking for weird dimensions and a boatload of enemies and weapons you could probably do worse. I'd say give it a shot, at least.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Mzbundifund posted:

Botania's Vinculotus flower is pretty great for them too, whenever an enderman within a large radius teleports, the Vinculotus forces them to teleport to the flower. You might not be able to hit them with your crossbow, but you can still shoot them and force them to teleport into whatever nightmarish Enderman Hell you've constructed.

If your using botania, it has a sword specifically for killing e men in one or two hits.
Another reasin why botania's the best.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

If you specifically want range for killing endermen, they can't do poo poo about Thaumcraft's shock focus wand.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Gilok posted:

If you specifically want range for killing endermen, they can't do poo poo about Thaumcraft's shock focus wand.

Doesn't the shock focus sometimes set them on fire? Can't collect ender pearls if they keep teleporting 12 chunks away into some random cave.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is it Witchery that is adding Windmills to villages? They are neat.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

SugarAddict posted:

Doesn't the shock focus sometimes set them on fire? Can't collect ender pearls if they keep teleporting 12 chunks away into some random cave.

A quick test says no, I murdered four in a row without a teleport. Took about 2 seconds focused fire per enderman.

Disclaimer: my wand focus is Potency 5, so it didn't give them much time to escape.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

I could totally see the older wand foci doing that, but the newer ones (post focus enchantment table thingy) don't seem to light mobs on fire.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I just want to give a shoutout to the guy who made Baby's First Space Race. I'm visiting my aunt and her 9 year old and his friend are really big into Minecraft. I managed to get them set up with the Technic launcher because all they've played so far is some repulsive collection of pay to win public servers with vanilla. After they got their bearings, the absolutely ridiculous ore gen rates has them running around like coked up puppies screaming their heads off. It's so bad that they are actually flipping out and doing cartwheels on the floor in excitement every time they discover something new.

After they settled down I spent a few hours teaching them Tinkers Construct and they're really taking to it. Great modpack :3: Gave up trying to make them follow the quest book though.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
...I better add "check for curse words in the quest book" to my todo.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Demiurge4 posted:

I just want to give a shoutout to the guy who made Baby's First Space Race. I'm visiting my aunt and her 9 year old and his friend are really big into Minecraft. I managed to get them set up with the Technic launcher because all they've played so far is some repulsive collection of pay to win public servers with vanilla. After they got their bearings, the absolutely ridiculous ore gen rates has them running around like coked up puppies screaming their heads off. It's so bad that they are actually flipping out and doing cartwheels on the floor in excitement every time they discover something new.

After they settled down I spent a few hours teaching them Tinkers Construct and they're really taking to it. Great modpack :3: Gave up trying to make them follow the quest book though.

Started a server for me and my 10 year old half-brother with FTB infinity. At first he wasn't really getting into the new items. Until I showed him my automated Steve's cart tree farm-coke oven-macerator setup. Also helped that we found a portal gun in the first chest.

Love the NEI, when he gets whiny asking me to do stuff for him because it's "too hard" I know he can see exactly how to do stuff and is just a lazy curled single child.

Yeah, he loves to skype and play minecraft with big brother. But gently caress the servers he plays on. The worst loving retarded 6 year old swedes you can imagine. Pay to be unbanned and I got a 30 min ban from the server for saying the swedish equivalent of "drat" in a private massage.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
So, any else encounter something weird with Factorization? Because uh :stare:

I found this thing in a RFTools generated world. It was a completely immobile structure until I broke a block on it, then it started moving around.
Its name was constantly distorting, and the mined away blocks were "Colossal" blocks.
It fell apart after I broke all of the broken blocks on its body, and gave me logic matrix's and a programmer after it finally collapsed.
EDIT
The modpack I was using was Modderation: Permabanned Edition

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 17, 2015

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

mechanicalFactory posted:

I found this thing in a RFTools generated world. It was a completely immobile structure until I broke a block on it, then it started moving around.
Its name was constantly distorting, and the mined away blocks were "Colossal" blocks.
It fell apart after I broke all of the broken blocks on its body, and gave me logic matrix's and a programmer after it finally collapsed.
EDIT

That is the new Factorization method of giving you logic matrices, programmers, etc. It's a Factorization Colossus.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

mechanicalFactory posted:

EDIT

It's a new thing Factorization added. They're really cool and awesome, if ultimately both mostly pointless unless you're going deep into FZ and, well, mostly harmless.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 17, 2015

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
Huh, that's somewhat useful, but also pretty loving cool. I haven't used factorization too much, maybe I should.
Is there any other cool stuff like this added in to other mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Alkydere posted:

Either Modderation: Permabanned or the OMP suite. Check the PGS subforum for more information on both.

Does either have Magical Crops with the MFR compatibility patch yet?