Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
for astral attunement ive got an attunement altar/structure its got the white sparkles, im holding the constellation paper in my hand and i put the spectral relays on there on the blue sparkles and nothing is happening what could i be doing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
anyone know a reason when playing project ozone 3 that my world might hang heading into the nether for the first time at 'loading terrain'?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Does it work fine afterwards? If so, it just means your computer is choking on initial terrain generation for the nether.

I can force close it, but it puts me before I go into the nether so I pretty much just can't get into the nether at all. Any work around for something like this? Maybe more memory for java or something? It doesn't output a crash log or anything.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

How much RAM are you giving it now, and how long are you waiting until you force close the game?

around 8k and about 10 minutes

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

8 gigs, I assume. Could you possibly be on a laptop with integrated graphics with 8 gigs being all of your memory?

nah I've got 16 and a 970, I tried loading up a brand new world in creative mode and it hangs there too just in case it was something hosed up from a previous version or something

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Devor posted:

Are you on the latest version of PO3? Have you manually updated versions for any of the mods to something other than what PO3 ships with, or added/removed any mods?

yes, no, latest version of java, not sure how to see command line stuff. I'm just going to back everything up and try on a completely fresh install

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks that + fresh install seems to have gotten things working

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
where can I find pneumatic craft info for project ozone 3? Like how do I build a pressure chamber?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I had found this, but it isn't really that descriptive considering it doesn't really describe how to put things into or take things out or actually filling it up with pressure, but I've managed to work it out from memory of pneumatic craft from 1.7 i think

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i usually dig out a big giant square space underground

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
what was the name of the mod that adds in wall covers and pipe covers

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
with the twitch launcher whats the best way to share a thing you've made across LAN? I'm running ATM3, but with a few mods and stuff added and I'd just like to play with the fam, is there an option in there to share the pack privately somewhere or should I just be copying the minecraft folder over the network?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Priapus Unbound posted:

I'm about to have a lot of time on my hands (teacher, summer is coming) and I like making maps in worldpainter. Would any of the people putting together their own modpacks like a custom map? I've been kicking around my own ideas for a story based pack in an underground map, but helping out others is cool.

Some samples, all of which are fairly old:

The above screens have some errors, like a need for additional fine tuning of biomes in the canyonlands to make cliff bushes drier and modification of underground stone distributions in the lava road cave to avoid the patchy look, but I think they demonstrate that I'm comfortable using WP for a variety of purposes.

i wish world gen was this cool

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
man rustic waters looks like its going to be great, can't wait to give it a shot

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
oh man rustic waters looks so fun i watched a couple videos on the youtubes

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

Believe me, I'm no stranger to those mods and checked both. The recipe was even assembled by JEI, using the little [+] icon. That was my first thought too, but this is the right station and it definitely asks for cobblestone. It's just disabled... but still shows up in JEI.

did you have the right liquid in the table

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm trying to play DDSS with my son on LAN and it works great, the first time we play, then the server crashes whenever he tries to connect. Can anyone make sense of this log?

https://paste.dimdev.org/huyonajeqa.mccrash

The log says he's not online? I have him logged on, in his own minecraft account and everything.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Hedonist posted:

I've never seen that before. He's using a legitimate copy of Minecraft?

yeah before I had him just doing the profile name change in the userprofiles.josn or whatever, but when that first had this same error I went out and bought a legit account for him in the hopes it would fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
my kid keeps rambling on about a transformer mod for minecraft and I cannot for the life of me find it, is there or is this a different game he's talking about? I want to get it for him because we're loving stuck at home in quarantine.