Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Is there anything around now like MCMMO? I saw that it isn't supported anymore.
Though it's looking like Thaumcraft is likely the direction our server will be going if we do start dumping mods in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Are there any airship mods that would be recommended for minimal modding?
Any simple RPG mods? We use to use MCMMO for Buckit but it looks like it's not supported anymore.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Group of us are looking to start a server, settled in Akliz. We plan on using 1.8 and I'm not entirely sure how to setup these mods. Uncharted territory for me and I'm the one who gets stuck setting all this up. Last time I did this is was a few years back and we used Buckit with MCMMO, Deathchest mod and that's it.

Basically they want:
Xaero's Minimap Mod - Uses Forge as far as I can tell.
Dimensional Doors - Uses Forge as far as I can tell. Argued as a way to add some adventuring in and add in teleportation.
Archimedes' Ships Mod - We'll be using Caver's Delight preset and people wanted some sort of airship.

Do I just compile those mods on the server side client and have them download the relevant mods?
Also does anyone have experience with The Twilight Forest mod? They mumbled about possibly having that.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
What mod/plugin would I use to generate a map that players can view of the server? We're running Technic-Hexxit if that has influence on any thing

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Little confused, do I use the Bukkit version or the Forge version? We don't use Forge unless Technic Launcher is forge?

Kortel fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 25, 2015