Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

You do? Is it because of the fact that every tree has it's own type of stick, door, fence, and poo poo like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

I like the berry bushes but it seems like they've gotten a nerf in productivity to near useless values

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Natura just has regular berries which restore 1/2 of a hunger point

Which seems little, but you can eat them when full to regain the hidden hunger bar, as well as you can make a berry medly with 3 of the 4 regular berries and a wooden bowl to make something that's better than eating the 3 berries alone, and also acts like base berries when full

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

I'm enjoying blightfall, it's encouraged me to get serious with a mod I've ignored since TC2, where it was total rear end and put me off the mod for years. Pretty dissapointed that TC5's current future is going back to TC2

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

TheresaJayne posted:

if you make 6 interfaces against 1 atomic and then make it a block so you have IAIAIA then next row down up left and right AIAIAI every interface has 6 assemblers and every assembler has 6 interfaces.
you put acceleration cards in all assemblers and it really goes fast.

Please speak English

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

RickVoid posted:

He's got a mod in there that lets you grow trees faster by going in an out of sneak mode near them

The benefits of squats:
A nice workout
Legs to kill for
Tree growth

Maiden fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 11, 2015

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Yes, thank you

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

It's called Starbound...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Build an arcane borer, stuff a pickaxe with fortune/regen in it. Mine for free without actually being there!

Doesn't this need a heavy investment in blood magic to do?

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

At the risk of sounding kinda dumb, how would I go about setting up some multiplayer Blightfall between me and one or two friends? I don't want to rent out a server or anything.

Best bet is one of you having the computer power and bandwidth to spare to host the server for yourself, with max 3 people, that's not much needed.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Right, but how do I host the server? I have no idea what I'm doing here.

Well I assume you know how to download it and install it.

So you need to either get tunneling software, like Hamachi (Which is bad, just an example), or port forward in your router

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Excellent. Do I have to do anything in particular to make Minecraft use Hamachi's little virtual network, or will it just work?

They should be able to just type in your Hamachi IP

I called out Hamachi as bad because unless you want to pay like $25 a month, you're limited to 4 people per VLAN

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well hey, not a problem for me! And just to idiotproof things, that's the IP next to the power button icon in Hamachi, yes?

Yeah

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Reason posted:

Even if you take all those what can you do with liquid yellorium?

Same thing you do with any liquid metal, put it in a tank, pour tank into smelter, use smelter to make blocks/ingots

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Haha Better Storage is so terrible

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

That is both NEI and not. It is NEI set to display oredict entries, and that item horribly set up with it's oredict entries, IIRC

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

The reason why passive flowers get nerfed is because, to the author, the journey is the point of the mod, not the destination. Making gigantic fields of dayblooms is shortchanging the journey to get to the destination. To the author, this attitude, while perfectly understandable from our perspective, is repugnant, so he takes steps to limit it.

The problem is, this is very much 'my way or the highway' which is why people get up in arms about it, and gregtech, but not about forestry bees.

Glory of Arioch posted:

Youtube tutorials are loving awful.

Completely Agreed.

Maiden fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 8, 2015

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

MFR can help a lot with some of the automation for Botania, if you don't want to faff about with vanilla redstone, as well as the farming that it gets it's name from. The liquicrafter is amazingly useful, as well.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

A fun AE2/Botania/MFR/Thermal Expansion crossover is automating the Kekimurus. Milk cows with the MFR Rancher, fill buckets with a TE Fluid Transposer, autocraft cakes with AE2 and use the AE2 formation plane on a subnetwork to materialize cake for the flower.

The subnetwork has 1-7 formation planes and an import bus. The import bus points to an ME interface on the main network. The ME interface has a crafting card and is configured to have a number of cakes on it at any time.

You are overthinking this. The rancher will automatically fill buckets that are in it's inventory with milk, or you can use MFR's liquicrafter to make the cakes, which only needs the milk piped directly to it.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I'm tempted to remove iron chests

Why? I'm genuinely curious why so many people dislike this mod

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

I have actually disliked barrel mods from the beginning, and tend to only use them for bulk storage of things that I produce in mass, like wood or cobble. Using them as my main storage tends to drive me crazy and leads to instant switch to an ME system.

Not tried drawers, although they look to be barrels but better.

I like iron chests mainly because it eliminates the need to have spaces between chests (not to mention that multi block chests are coded terribly and many mods can only use half of them unless they hack in support for it, which most COFH mods refuse to do).

Thanks for answering though, it honestly seems like the reasons I like it are the reasons people dislike it, it's simple nature, haha.

Also, strongboxes are great if you have TE but not Iron Chests

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Acne Rain posted:

oh yeah that

it doesn't work, says the computer does not meat the minimum requirements for this software for the 64 bit and wrong processor type for the 32 bit one (Yeah I know I'm 64 bit but I wanted to be thorough)

Try joining the Technic discord and asking around in the #help channel, the people in there might be able to help.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

He went 'gently caress, I'm done with this community,' handed the reins off, and left.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Retrievers also allow you, with higher tiers, to put request limits on the inventory they're attached to, which makes managing autocrafters and the like much easier

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Anything that uses the default crafting grid for crafting rather than their own special unique snowflake grid like a certain cooking mod is greatly benefitted from MFR's liquicrafter, which runs on a redstone clock for crafting actions, so makes it easier to automate things that need milk, water, so on.

As for crafting that doesn't need liquids, all the brainless auto crafting things are all basically versions of TE's cyclic assembler, take power and recipie and make it every so often, some of them have multiple slots so you can use it for more than one thing. If you're not going to go nuts with things like computercraft, I'd suggest using TE's fetching servers, which you can add limits to how much it'll fetch, so your system will never clog.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

power crystals posted:

Yes and no, it was default behavior that I could have easily cancelled (iirc there was just a parent reference that I just had to set to null) but I explicitly didn't because I wanted the player to feel bad for what they were doing.

I never ever felt bad

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

power crystals posted:

Yeah, Nether Ores was me as well. When people first discovered hellfish the reactions they had made me happier than you could possibly imagine. Combined with what you said above everything was so totally worth it you have no idea.

I still maintain the silverfish are bad enemy design, same as creepers and endermen.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

That's still assuming Iguana Tweaks or Tinker Tweaks, and then having access to metals to make casts. Just to go back to the beginning, I'm trying to figure out a 1.10.2 early progression that doesn't involve basically just playing vanilla minecraft with a few new metals. Preferably, it should be comfortably possible to stay on the surface most of that time. I personally do like to done at least one cave run, but I discovered from the BFSR YouTube kiddies that they didn't really bother with it.

As it stands in 1.10.2, there are a few problems:
1. No rather simple way to start getting wool. I thought I had Immersive Engineering, but I didn't see the whole hemp thing. I'll have to double-check that.
2. Infinite cobblestone now requires building a this resonator machine that needs RF. I need an ender pearl to make the machine. There isn't an alternate way to get under pearls than getting lucky and mugging an enderman. With 1.10.2 attack mechanics, that's a pretty rough fight now--especially if you're waiting for the smeltery to get good weapons. I consider having automatic cobblestone generation essential for using the Progressive Automation miner unless it no longer needs a cobblestone supply.
3. The whole thing that started this was not having a good path to make casts with the smeltery.
4. A big glut on power generation. I did bring this up and the alternatives have been mentioned, but we're used to more. It also looks like my yellorium generation rate is terrible and needs fixing.
5. Really hard to get some quick, portable storage. Previously, I had at least MFR plastic bags. Due to it being hard to get fabrics, a lot of the other bags are out of the way. With converting zombie flesh to leather, there are a few leather bags, but they look like they need some materials that a stone-level tool cannot mine.

It might be that the way to stick to the surface for the most part now is to just hammer on Botania. I admit I'm not really good with that mod, but I don't want to lean on that for everything anyways.

I can help some
1. You have to be clever with vanilla options currently, there are no ranching mods, and a very small amount of farming mods. The lack of MFR is crippling, as everyone else's ideas for automatic farming are full of tedium, makework, and similar. Pam's does have it's cotton though, and a large enough cotton farm is a decent amount of wool.
2. EE doesn't use RF anymore, it uses it's own power system, which runs on an availability system rather than consuming power, the resonator needs about 8 available to complete a craft cycle. It's still a bit reliant on luck with the endermen though
3. So 1.10 TiCon doesn't use aluminum brass anymore. It's either 2x gold for a permenant cast or some clay for a temporary cast. The only new ores with TiCon now are the stuff like cobalt.
4. So for power gen, the current options are really EnderIO, Mekanism, and the BigReactors clone. EE has some great early game power gen, and a decent end game power gen, but doesn't have a good source of midgame power gen.
5. I don't think extra storage is as important as quickly as you seem to think, and there are plenty of storage systems ported to 1.10 already (although obviously not AE) that as long as you're diligent on keeping your inventory clean you'll be fine until you can get a better tool or a large cotton farm going.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

It's honestly not bad, as most things in EE only need GP when you're making them, or parts for them, in the resonator. The only issue is the one already brought up, getting ender pearls sucks hard in 1.10

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

That's used/total, you need to make more and put them out

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Equivilent Exchange? What is that? Some OP mod people can't leave behind in the dust of 1.2.5?

As for Extra Utilities (don't ask me why I did EE instead of EU, I don't know myself) I find myself frustrated when using it because, as mentioned, there is no documentation. And it it needs it. You don't discover things need GP until you use them. The chunk loader needs 2, the resonator needs 0 to just over 8 depending where in the cycle it is, upgrades use power for some reason and ultimately the only real option for GP is to make water generators (16 each, but takes up a 5x5 space that only the edges can be shared with other water gens).

I like the idea of GP, but the mod is very much caught up in the throes of "balance"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

RaspberryCommie posted:

He was in the hospital for awhile for an undisclosed (I think, at least I don't remember them being willing to tell) reason, but he's been back for awhile.

Unless something else happened.

That's basically exactly it.

The only thing missing is that I think the doctors told him to ease back on stressful things, so he's not around as much as he used to be.