Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I was poking about on the ATlauncher page for RR3 servers to play on, and noticed that one of the servers has 56/255 players online right now, with others at 20+. How the loving hell? :psyduck:

Somebody on the RR team is capable of affording either a dedi host with 64GB RAM, or made their own 64GB/Xeon machine and colocates it (probably the latter).

In short, they have way more money than I do, I couldn't possibly afford that.

E: Multiple teams can do this apparently. Wish I had that kind of money to throw away on servers :shrug:

E2: Yeah, there's no way they're not colocating, 64GB dedis for straight up hosted are in the near 1k/month range. gently caress sakes, that's like an apartment in cost. A server. Jesus Christ.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Wowie zowie trying to get everything installed just right to get onto one of those RR3 servers is not worth it. At least with Technic it's just install pack and go.

Maybe I'll wander back into Modderation or something in the morning--or maybe OMP-i, since I already achieved post-scarcity on Modderation :v:

As a warning to you and anyone else looking at it, Omp-i is currently in it's last days with this map. There's a ridiculously massive update (139>171 mods, lots of config poo poo, huge overhauls in aesthetics) coming and a whole new reworked worldgen. Probably at the latest next Saturday, hopefully sooner.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

^As an aside, i has this.

Mzbundifund posted:

Sweet. If it wouldn't take forever for you I'd love a rough overview of what's changing.

Well, I have the time right now, so here's the current tentative changelog:

code:

OMP - 2.0.0

Removed:
- Journeymap, replaced by Voxelmap

Added:
- Liteloader |> Voxelmap, VoxelCam, WorldEdit Single Player
- TabbyChat 1.11.2.2
- TC Node Tracker 1.1.0
- TradeBooth 1.7.10.2
- Steve's Addons 0.10.8
- Sanguimancy 1.1.9.26
- Streams 0.1.4
- RF Windmills 0.5
- Redstonic 1.3.3
- Miscellany 0.6.1
- Open ModTurrets 1.3.8-35
- E-Mobile 1.2.1
- ExtraCarts 0.8.0
- Extra Fixes 0.8.0
- Catwalks 1.1.0
- AuraCascade 3.62
- Progression 0.3.3
- Dimensional Doors 2.2.5t8
- MouseTweaks 2.4.4
- Aesthetics and Background stuff

Updated:
- Galacticraft set to 3.0.11.333
- ThermalSmeltery to 1.2.1
- EnderIO to 2.2.8.367
- NEI to 1.0.4.106
- ChickenCore to 1.0.6.43
- Botania to r1.6-187
- ExtraCells to 2.2.69bNIGHTLY
- Forestry to 3.5.4.13
- Gendustry to 1.4.10.77
- TConstruct to 1.8.4a
- AOBD to 2.6.1
- Forge/Cauldron to 10.13.3.1388
- EnderStorage to 1.4.7.36
- ThaumicEnergistics to 0.8.9.3a-rv2
- ThermalFoundation to 1.0.0-81
- Thermal Expansion to 4.0.1-182
- Redstone Arsenal to 1.1.0-80
- COFHCore to 3.0.2-262
- Thermal Dynamics to 1.0.0-122
- MFR to 2.8.0-104
- NetherOres to 2.3.0-12
- BloodMagic to 1.3.2-1
- Applied Energistics to rv2-Beta-33

Changes (WorldGen):

- Biome Distribution weights redone.

- COFH Oregen Changes:
	- Overall small ore clump density reduced, you'll see about 25% reduction in overall ore quantity as a general concentration.
	- Giant veins of biome-specific ores added to every biome in the game.
	- Rare geode caches of other stuff added.
	- More surprises akin to the old single Ludicrite spawn.
	- Dungeons of hellish poo poo thrown in as rare little tricks of Sigma leaking over.

Changes (General):

- MFR machines returned to standard recipes, Easymode DSU recipe no longer needed, removed.
- Headcrumbs further suppressed.
- Progression adds tech trees, everyone's absolute favorite thing:
	- Multiple focus paths of tech advancement will be available.
	- You'll spend science, gained through various actions to open up mods for use.
	- Given this is being done by me, this is mostly to add some kind of advancement system, it'll be pretty easy for determined people to blaze through their trees.
	- High advancements even unlock cheaper recipes and more efficient things, rather than just allowing access to stuff that's normal.
	- Completely skippable for people in SP who feel this sort of thing is BS.

- Iguana's Tinker Tweaks reworked slightly, restrictions on vanilla tools completely revoked.
- More tweaked recipes in MineTweaker
- Insert more here as I do poo poo.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

Most of that sounds pretty good, only part I'm not super excited about is that I like Journeymap. Hooray for Mousetweaks and Dimensional Doors though!!

Do you want feedback on mods we'd like to see added or would you prefer to not open those particular floodgates?

Feel free to suggest whatever the hell you want man, i was half built on the drunken ramblings of buddies in TeamSpeak. Do realize there's just some poo poo (Witchery, Archimedes' Ships), that is unworkable.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

Adventure Backpacks are amazing and every mod should have them.

Those and inventory pets.

Oh crap how did I forget the inventory pets, in.

Adv Backpacks were a mess with the setup last i tried, but I'll give them another shot at being in.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Robzilla posted:

So yeah, I looked at it....

My first thought was...

Progression actually easily allows me to make crafting a Fedora instantly force you onto the rear end-Haggian tech tree, so I can totally make it fitting.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I don't play the pack, but I do read up on people playing with the CoFH oregen. Might I suggest rare surface deposits in biomes matching the veins assigned to them? Players would get an impression of what ores are assigned where without having to understand the oregen files.

A good idea and point, will do. Thanks!

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

rear end-Haggis posted:

I don't remember this being a thing, or I might have been only half conscious, please advise!

Its the joke tech tree. Instead of science, you have to spend sewage buckets and you start off only able to make vanilla stuff and the requisites for sewage grates.

And the advancement order is completely coked up.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Sistergodiva posted:

On a 2-3 player server, will I run into problems if we just mine whereever? Should we get seperate age to mine in?

Using ftb infinity.

Is there any mod pack that has a lot of stuff but is more coherent? It's really annoying to have like 3-4 different types of energy, a lot of different looking versions of bars, etc.

Would be cool with a mod that still has a lot of the cool machines and automation but maybe cuts out a bit of the redundant stuff.

Why hello there.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Sistergodiva posted:

I'm guessing that is a mod/pack?

Searching for "minecraft mp" isn't really an option and reverse image search yields nothing. Care to elaborate?

OMP i, technic launcher. Pretty much a throw it all in pack without IC2, Buildcraft or Railcraft, aka the lovely Three.

Also getting a large update this weekend.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Sistergodiva posted:

Sorry, but does anyone know which mods I shouldn't add to the servers mod folder? Any other stuff I need to drop into the server folder?

Or does anyone have a pre-made server folder for omp-i?

I used to have a zip hosted ready to go on the server itself, but it, and lot of stuff has been removed while I rework everything for the new version :(

I'll have a new server zip after the big update is done, but best i can say is hope one of the two other guys I gave it to show up.

I know for certain InventoryTweaks and some other stuff has to be removed, but i haven't done it in forever at this point.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Alkydere posted:

The real annoying thing is that Endermen are immune to ranged (they just teleport) which are the real enemies I want to use TiC crossbows on. Goddamnit fucker, put that grass block down! That's my garden you're tearing up! :bahgawd:

Luckily EnderIO has a special sword just for those fuckers.

If the pack you're in has Xeno's Reliquary, make a hunter's handgun for endermen. They, like all things, cannot outsmart boolet.

E: And for those who ar gonna ask, yes. OMPi is blowing up in about 5-10 minutes, come on in, grab op and go to town.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Alkydere posted:

How long until the restart? Is that tomorrow because I've been itching to play on a Minecraft server ever since Progress went poof.

It is tommorow. What time depends on how quick I can finish up the final touches, but tommorow.

By 23:59:59 MST

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

All ore is below 30, or all blocks below 30 are ore? The second one sounds good to me.

The second, people were able to veinmine over 600 ore at once last night. It's been toned way back in 2.0.0_1

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

OK... how do I even add a mod list on the Technic site? I figured somewhere in the modpack editing tabs that I'd find it. I don't see anything.

Thos detailed lists like you see for OMP, Modderation or otherwise are because of solder. You have to write one out manually.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

1.9 looking epic, can't wait for the modding scene to hit it in 2 years

Oh christ, this. 1.7.10 is a goddamned travesty on servers.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

There is a spawner under the haybale so if you have cardboard boxes you can box up that spawner and re-use it for mob drops and XP

Omp-i does not have mekanism, and likely never will.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

Should I wait for it too boot? I'm currently 18 minutes in, and 98 / 234 mods are loaded.

Turts, just how terribad is your computer, honestly.

E: Seriously, nobody is having load times like this. Is this a 2004-era toaster or what?

E2: Are you allocating an actual amount of RAM? You need at least 2GB and should give it 3. Or are you stuck with an unbelievable amount, like the Xbox One the third Xbox?

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 20, 2015

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Cantorsdust posted:

I, too, would be interested in an OMP-i server download. Also, Stealth Archer, are you planning on making any more big changes to the pack? I see it's on version 2.0.0_3 now, any more tweaks or is it stable?

2.0.0_3_1 is without DimDoors, 2.0.0_3 is with. This should be a mostly ongoing set of stuff. Any further updates should be config and script poo poo, for a while.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

CrazyTolradi posted:

TBH for the amount of effort and resources that you have to put into a functional railway in Railcraft, it's really not worth it at all. It, like Buildcraft and IC2, has fallen to the wayside in the last few years.

Omps greatest accomplishment in modding will always be booting out ic2 in favour of Thermex and making that action popular.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

So, I watched this be written.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

You make that your server currency, gate stuff behind it, and then act surprised when somebody writes about dongs. :butt:

How are you supposed to get magic seeds on your server anyways?

They are literally the only thing gated behind the currency, silly.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TrenceJ posted:

Hi All,

I've seen a few people mention the starting tool level system in OMP-i, and how use tools more to level up, start with flint, etc.

However, I just want my normal starting progress back. Which mod does this so I can disable/Delete it?

Cheers

Kind of pointless given the normal vanilla tools are working in the later versions now, but yeah, Iguana Tweaks.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

As far as we can tell it's some sort of packet problem. 1.7 can't take packets over an arbitrary size well, so disconnects come with having that many mods competing for data for blocks, updates, machines, other players.

If someone finds some other issue then great, but it was a problem with the pack before on launch as well.

Removing Cauldron cuts it down somewhat, in exchange the server can't even keep 5 TPS as a constant, and there's countless loving errors through the log repeating ad naseum.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Yeah, as far as we can tell there is no good fix for this. It sucks, but welcome to minecraft modding.

Welcome to the infinite benefits of a version that never gets replaced. 19 months in 2 days folks! The 1.7 series just won't. loving. Die.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ambaire posted:

From the official FTB wiki entry,

I've never seen any weeds though.

I disabled them the moment I read the line in the config, they were dumb in IC2, because everything in CI2 was dumb. So they got axed. Like IC2.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Now you know my infatuation with focused mod packs :p

Indeed, they're still incredibly shallow and boring though :p

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Acne Rain posted:

Why use config to turn warp off completely ("wuss_mode") and the cheat sheet on?

Because Azanor's THATS MY FETISH ~vision~ means you lose all Eldritch research for turning his darling babby warp off.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Gilok posted:

Well his eldritch research has driven HIM mad, it isn't like you should get a better deal :colbert:

His bad deal, like most of the terrible assholes in MC modding is his own doing.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Fortis posted:

Wait, you do? I have what I presume to be a full Eldritch tab in my cheat-sheeted Thaumonomicon and I've had warp disabled from the start.

Is there something beyond the primordial-pearl based multiblock alchemical furnace? Maybe I'm a version or two behind...

Well, you used to, if he's changed that good for him i guess, though tbh I've never cheatied around it so i don't know if that's specifically a way to get around it.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

This is all terrible. :allears:

Ahahaha, thyrork and his optimism for this shitcunt just got slapped upside the face.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Thyrork posted:

:cripes: so basically, its the same tired line the guy who did Foresty gave out in regards to the introduction of multi-block apiaries? Greeeeat.

And you bitched me out in ts when I compared him to Sengir the splosion-bees man. :allears:

I'm joshing broho.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

So Mine/ModTweaker doesn't seem able to modify Thermex recipes for the machines anymore. Anybody ever worked with adding them another way? *is* there another way?

E: Yes, this was tried with most recent updates with both, B:AllowRecipeOverwrite=true is set for all the relevant machines.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TrenceJ posted:

Hey Guys,

I've been out of the server running game for a fair few years now since Work requirements forced me to shut down my Technic server.

I now want to start up a small server for Family use (currently just using the open to lan feature), but since the whole Bukkit dmca issues, i'm at a loss for what to use.

I'll be running a modded OMP-i, and would like to run Bukkit plugins also, But cauldron seems to have stopped, and dos'nt support the latest versions of Forge.

My google-Fu seems to be failing me, but I know that OMP-i can be multiplayer, im just struggling to find the files,

Could one of you helpful chaps point me in the right direction? Got a 12core, 24gig ram HP server sitting here gathering dust at the moment.

Cheers

You do not have PMs. So I'll just ask outright, do you just want an exact copy of the main OMP-i server I run, bukkit plugins, configs and all (disregarding ops, perms and such)?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TrenceJ posted:

That would be great. I'd have to strip quite a bit out, but that would work fine. I removed a lot of mods to make it run at a decent pace on my kids Laptops you see. I run the full pack myself, Great work. Trying to balance that out must have been a chore.

How do you suggest getting the files over, Dropbox or such?

Thanks

Hah, dropbox. Nah, I have three VPS's running for this poo poo, one for music files for better Records, one for solder, and one for the server itself. I'll get it all ready and just throw you a straight download link. Hopefully not here, but if necessary. (Add me on steam, same name.)

Incidentally I was hoping you would try it with everything, but only because we've been having endless timeout problems on my poor VPS, and I wanted to see if throwing more power (and a dedi in your case) would solve the problem, as I'm tapped out expenses wise for this.

E: Got work overnight off to bed, I'll get this to you tomorrow.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 1, 2015

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Truga posted:

Welp, we only get 6-8 people online most of the time, can't help then, sorry. :(

That can still work, just have people be off doing their own poo poo the /tpall them to you. If 6 people can do that without a timeout on one person then its a power differential.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TrenceJ posted:

My server was only going to to me and my two kids, and we all live in a village, but ill have no issue using offline mode, and chucking a fair few more people into the world for testing.

I always wondered if Minecraft treats CustomNPCS/Ancient warfare NPC's the same as player characters, meaning I could overload a server if I spawned too many. Might be worth testing.

The errors we get are timeouts, not ticklags. NPCs would overload a server eventually like any entity with scripts and AI, but they don't consume bandwidth.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

You have PM's blocked. Can you add me on steam, same as the guy above?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

taiyoko posted:

I'm playing singleplayer on the latest OMP-I and getting a lot of seeing-through-the-world issues. Most of the time they resolve quickly, but I've had a couple of times where the immediate area's blocks didn't return to being opaque until I left the area for a bit. I'm trying to finish clearing out a dungeon underneath my village and it gets pretty annoying.

Update to 2.2.2_1FC, this is an issue with the old version of COFHTweaks we use, it's not useful for everyone. The FC variant adds fastcraft back in until i can get the newer version to work with our stuff.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Yes, you are. Both here and in the bone thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Truga posted:

Well, I, too, am getting random timeouts at times. They're not very common because we don't have many players, but it happens at times.

Pretty easy answer then, it's 1.7.10 and Cauldron. Unless you want no Bukkit plugins and absolutely poo poo TPS you can't remove Cauldron, and well, 1.7.10.

Goddamn this version has lasted way too long.