Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

m2pt5 posted:

Oh, I remembered enough to find one of the old modding drama stories. (from 2-ish years ago) GregTech nerfs some vanilla recipes, like reducing a log to making only 2 planks instead of 4. mDiyo didn't like that, so he added a recipe to Tinker's Construct to override it and restore logs to 4 planks. Then Greg added code to crash Minecraft if GregTech detected Tinker's Construct installed (with an "ItsNotMyFaultException") and to force-equip a pumpkin named Pumpkin of Shame to any player named mDiyo or immibis, and change their display name to "Wearing Pumpkin of Shame".

You can point some launchers (at least Technic Launcher) to wherever you want your modpacks to be stored.

That's also when his mod was dropped from any official ftb mod packs and a lot of popular streamers stopped using his mod. Along with him making it more and more tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

The thing that put me off Gregtech was the requirement to make hammer and screwdriver to make an iron pick.... so you finally find your 3 iron ore and then discover you need another 10 ingots just to make that iron pick,

Thanks, bye...( Heads to grind Galacticraft because it may be slow but not the horror of Gregtech...)

Unleashed was the last version of gt I played which was pre iron pick axe fuckery. I did the whole shebang. Fusion reactor and all. When I saw the changes I was like ya... I'm done.

For a kitchen sink pack ftb infinity has been fun to play with some friends. You can get it from the ftb launcher which doesn't involve curse as far as I can tell if you hate curse stuff. (I use thier wow updater and have never had problems with it)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Maiden posted:

You do? Is it because of the fact that every tree has it's own type of stick, door, fence, and poo poo like that?

And server lagging clouds

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gilok posted:

Just needed to share the output from this Chrome extension, carry on.

One more derail. Visit rackspace.com and enjoy :)

And ya i got it wrong they make dynmap look awful not lag.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Trying out this SevTech thing, and it looks like it is initially cribbing a shitload of themes/mechanics from TerraFirmaCraft. Oh dear.

i watched giantwaffle earlier this morning play it and it looked interesting. Checked back 8 hours later and hes still using stone tools.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
how much ram are you giving sevtech ages to run properly? The default 3072 definitely does not work. Trying 5gb now.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Toadsmash posted:

Running almost any 1.10 or later pack on less than 5 is almost begging for trouble, and most can use 6. SevTech is bigger than average as it is, so it's no exception.

why dont they include that as the default? So whats the number i put in for 6gb? Just 6000? Or does it have to be multiples of 64 or whatever?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Dang, I didn't even try that. Squid ink duping sounds awesome, but I'm sorted on bone meal after I found this huuuge skeleton made out of solid bone blocks.

I imagine it'll get patched though.

he just said a few mins ago on his stream the bone meal thing is intentional.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Falcon2001 posted:

Posted a bit ago about prefab buildings - it's possibly overpowered, but just found https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/prefab and seems to be what I was looking for.

Does this put down a guide you can then build from using your mats? Or does it just plop the building down using cheated mats and all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Prokhor posted:

I'm on All the Mods 3, what kind of power generation do people use to start up? I've been using steam dynamos but it isn't super sustainable.

Lava something I imagine.