Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Does it still have nasally ten year olds voicing everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Looking forward to doing the research sub-sub-game once again, i.e. googling the shortest possible route to whatever the gently caress it is I want because I'm not gonna stumble blindly around in the dark wasting an annoyingly limited resource

edit: and then roping whoever I'm playing with into setting up a big essentia system because alembics and furnaces are the most annoying things ever, as is infusion (as cool as it is in concept)

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The feedback he is looking for is "Everything sounds Fun and Balanced, we'll get back on our knees now." I highly doubt he'll accept anything else.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, the King of all Griffers is back

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It would need something else to set it apart, your average minecraft player (Even modded minecraft) gives not one poo poo about modder drama.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I figured out how to make Pixelmon fun: Turn friendly mob sounds off :v:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, by removing Iguanatweaks and building a sewage lake in its honour

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Curse is the marketing equivalent of a computer virus, i swear to god

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Nothing keeps me focused on a game like a multiblock that cost 9 netherstars to produce an ingot of mod-specific steel every hour

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna say that the mod that adds completely silent creepers with the explosion sound replaced by a poorly-ripped and far too long version of the Deez Nuts vine is the actual worst mod in COTT and possibly minecraft in general

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Whether a meme is actually good or not, it is a universal constant that a minecraft mod containing the word "meme" in either the title or description will be unmitigated garbage

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Are all the weapons, dimensions and monsters still totally out of left field? I ran through Divine RPG in a multiplayer modpack a few years back and it seriously felt like the models were randomly generated and assigned numbers by a six year old.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
What mod adds all that neat poo poo to the skybox?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I desperately want to live in the timeline where challenge maps went in the direction of Blightfall and other interesting worlds rather than 800+ brutally uninteresting skyblock challenges.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I've had a hankering for an exploration/magic/building rad poo poo focused modpack for a while. Lightly encouraging PvP outside of (very generous) claimed areas optional but encouraged.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Drown yourself in the trackless sands and face the fear that has gripped your world

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The wiki is so loving bad at organizing those pages, 9/10 people don't give a poo poo about under-the-hood stuff like that new coordinate modifier or NBT tags or whatever. Just tell me about how swimming works now or what tridents do!

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If it's a small server, start a new map and MCedit their old bases into the End. Call it New Game+.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone have any leads on a modded PvP server? Minecraft was built for pvp like a Buick was built to sail across the English Channel, but I've got an itch for wacky races horseshit that I just can't scratch.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Lycanites is one of those mods that I know I could be using to its fullest potential (farming, summons, mounts, etc) but I just can't be loving bothered because there's so many of them.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to see a pack based around Advent of Ascension, because the nightmarish combination of Minecraft, Runescape, Terraria and DivineRPG confuses and intrigues me.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

Doesn't Divine Journey incorporate it? I remember playing that for some time.

Divine Journey used a port of regular Divine RPG if memory serves. I'm enjoying FTB Departed, which even adds tinker support for the AoA metals, but it's a few versions old and there's not much of a multiplayer scene.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My watch skipped forward 6 hours just looking at that

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I thought we banned the fairy torture guy

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly, it's always bothered me how little variety there is in adventure/RPG mods. I like tech mods, but it seems the scene swung hard in the direction of automation at some point and it's a crying shame that your options for a fun time carving a bloody path through the world are roguelike dungeons and whatever the flash in the pan mod is for the current version. Something with a nice sense of progression without having to track down a bunch of structures in a specific order or desperately cling to an insane power curve is sorely missed.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Another Sigma could be a lot of fun with the new combat mechanics.

Dungeon and magic mods have gotten more and more homogenous over the past few versions, it's a shame that the witches mod developed by an 8 year old and their parent didn't carry over to today. I would still lose dozens of hours in Sigma again if it had custom loot tables to counteract the constant "Great, 5 gold ingots" of dungeon crawling.

edit: Sigma on a server with hardcore darkness and that siege mod would be a hell of a ride

Eox fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 5, 2018

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I would do unspeakable things for a combat/exploration pack with TiC baked into the progression. Like finding rare components in dungeons or having to go Mystcraft diving to unlock new metals.

I would also just adore it if building a smeltery was less tedious and annoying considering you need one in every map

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a big dumb baby that wants to fight across the world and return to a modest home base with sacks of loot from dungeons and such, I was thinking something less heavy on infrastructure and a little more like Hexxit with a few more dimensions and some deep loving around with TiC/Extra TiC configs to gate it a little bit.

Is it possible to prevent players from processing ores/alloys until they unlock it, but still allow them to use parts they find in chests?

edit: for example, locking Electrum behind beating the Lightning Guardian (with heavy tweaks to AM2 for less of a nightmarish grind) but still tossing a few Electrum parts in Battle Towers and such

Eox fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 12, 2018

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Willheim Wordsworth posted:

You may be interested in Game Stages

Ooh, this has me looking into making a pack. There's even a Tinker specific addon to it, here's hoping I can manage to cobble something together despite having no experience beyond switching true/false in configs.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The fact that skyblocks are the most popular modpacks in a game that can generate a play area eight times the size of the earth utterly loving mystifies me

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Blood Magic can be nasty depending on how hard your players go, but last I remember Millenaire brings all but the strongest servers to a crawl. Maybe pregenerating it helps, but the autonomous villagers are killer.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TalonDemonKing posted:

Tell me about a magic mod that isn't a tech mod in disguise. I don't want to build wires pipes or multi-block crap. I just want to shoot fireballs at people.

Ars Magica is still as magical as you can get, make sure to tweak the level up rate to something vaguely reasonable though.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know that there's any mods that make getting to the End much easier, so you still have to go through the pain-in-the-rear end vanilla process.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hell yeah, here's hoping Infusion becomes less of a critical and necessary pain in the rear end than building a smeltery.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Thaumcraft has the best morphs, I always passed on bat form in favour of wisps. Lots of colours, infinite flight, more HP and the size of a single block.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

bird food bathtub posted:

Wonder what straight PvP like KeepCraft would be like with some newer stuff like the combat over haul and tinker's construct tools.

I have wanted this pretty much since mods started showing up.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'd be surprised if there's even a speck of notch code left.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I would give my left arm for a new Hexxit or Plus Sigma. I want something adventure/building focused, but the base loot tables suck rear end in almost every dungeon mod and it loses the magic if I make them myself.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If you're looking for a ready-built pack, I've been having a blast with Test Pack Please Ignore. I'm running on a server with a friend who has never touched modded minecraft and the only real stumbling block is how scattered 1.6.4 documentation is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
OpenComputers is your answer, not sure what changed from computercraft.