Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Gilok posted:

Is BetterThanWolves still a thing? I haven't been paying attention for a long time, but the very name of that mod is some passive aggressive drama bullshit.

Also wasn't there something about his not allowing his mod in modpacks? Which is a shame, as it had some actually cool stuff, on top of a lot of ways to torture and kill dogs.

The author embodied that old cliche of a brittle-narcissistic shut-in obese sperglord, and possible obesity aside these people don't get out much, so they are unlikely to contract TB or flu, much less HIV, so I regretfully suspect he's still alive. (Also, takes one to know one blah blah etc.) You're right though, his mod did have a lot of decent stuff. You can't hate these people in the Minecraft mod drama, even the worst of them, it's just so stupid and trivial, it's still worth talking about just because it's so funny.

Anyway, I might be on the verge of introducing a new real life person into the horror joy that is multiplayer modded Minecraft. Should I work him through the Agskies modpack, let him join me in my base in the goon server I'm on and have him take a bunch of gear and go hog wild, or just dump him in the deep end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

deadly_pudding posted:

So, just like how he did with Minecraft? :v:

Skyrim mods have the best the drama, but minecraft mods have the most drama. It really is a never ending fountain of sad laughs.

I dunno, I'd say that Minecraft mod drama has more people on the spectrum. And Skyrim mod drama has more people who fulfill the DSM-V definition of being sociopaths. But that's just an impression. And there's gotta be a lot of overlap.

Anyway, if I was to somehow make ten million RF/t from some currently-theoretical Atomic Power Complex I have planned, are there any mods that can use such a level of power?

IronClaymore fucked around with this message at 13:32 on May 6, 2015

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Truga posted:

Rotarycraft features machines that will progressively get faster, for an exponential curve of energy required, so there's always some gain to be had for building dumb amounts of power gen.

That said rotarycraft used to be useable if a bit spergy, but is now a pile of garbage due to the "progression" (read: grind) forced by the mod author, so I'd recommend against that. Instead, I wish more mods would adopt the "put 100x the amount of electricity this machine requires, and we'll give it 10x speed" mechanic. Especially the MFR bedrock mining laser drill thing.

Thermal Expansion has augments that are great in the whole area of X* power Y* speed area. The +secondary augment for pulverizers are great but I will always love the bedrock laser drill though.