Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
In AgSkies 2 is there any way to automatically pick up items off the ground? Vacuum hoppers seem to be disabled this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

I don't know about that, but I'd aim for the automatic sieve from Ex Astris as soon as possible. It's electrically powered, can export items, has an internal inventory, and supports both speed and fortune upgrades. A better investment than a bank of autonomous activators, in the end.

I'm using one of those auto sieves, yeah. I was asking for my mob tower. It's confusing that the quest log specifically says to make those punji sticks and iron spikes but then give you no way to pull the drops out of there...

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

Honestly, just turn vac hoppers on. It's like how the original Agrarian Skies turned off item nodes to prevent easy, low-lag cobble production.

I'm just now poking through the extra utils options (was going to resign myself to not having vac hoppers BUT THEY DISABLED ELEVATOR BLOCKS TOO FFFFFF) and I can't find either of them at -all- in the configs. Do I have to poke around in the other folder for extra utils or something? Help I am bad at computer stuff :(

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

Fortis posted:

Vacuum Hoppers and Elevators are from Openblocks, not Extra Utilities.

...goddamn it. I just wanna play blocks while I wait for my mouth to feel better, why Jaded Cat whyyyyyyy. Getting wisdom teeth out is no fun if you can't play with your fun blocks :(

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
The Agrarian Skies 2 says there is an update available when I start it through the Technic Launcher. Should I try to fiddle with the other launcher or wait for it to be updated on the Technic site?

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

mechaet posted:

I haven't updated because the update trashes your progress and we're soclose to finishing all the quests on my AgSk2 server.

I was hoping it didn't reset, ah well. I can wait til you're ready to update it, no worries! I'm actually kind of hankering to set up those silly "turn in a billion lettuce" type quests like the first pack, didn't realize how much they gave me incentive to build things... Thank you again for putting it on the Technic launcher, I (and others, I'm sure) appreciate it!

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

why aren't many HQM modpacks on Technic

like someone's cloned Ag Skies 2 but the modpack's unavailable for download. i can see no sign of Banished or Galactic Science but i might just be retarded

I downloaded that AS2 port just fine the other week, unfortunately it appears to be the same version of it that a goon here added to Technic ~5 months ago. I gave in and downloaded the Curse voice piece of poo poo so I could play the most recent version of AS2. I can't find where this fricking thing put the files though so I had to start a new map instead of using my other one. Anyone have any idea where the Curse thing put everything? I'm okay with the new map but I'd like to tweak a few config files and I can't find them :(

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

Steelion posted:

The lack of a research minigame means I ran out of aer and ordo research points, along with most of the aspects using one or the other pretty quick. It turns out that aer and ordo, and by extention motus, vacuos, potentia, praecantatio, etc., is kind of important!

Meanwhile I have hundreds of the other primals and literally no way to spend them.

I prefer the minigame, it lets me use the aspects I have poo poo tons of while conserving the ones I'm low on.

Ag Skies 2 doesn't have the minigame enabled, and I'm constantly out of Aer research things too. I went into the Nether but couldn't find any nodes to scan, should I just throw a few dozen crafting tables at the deconstruction table and spam click the research out, or is there a better way to get them? And yeah I've been scanning EVERYTHING as I make it for the first time, but I'm still running out constantly. This is my first time messing with Thaumcraft since I'm playing solo and my husband's normally the one who does all our Thaumcraft stuff, it's... an interesting mod. Not entirely sure if I like it or not, but it gives some useful goodies.

Speaking of useful goodies, how do I equip the Scholar's Lens? Everything I've found on it has been "swap between them by holding V or shift-V to unequip" but I can't figure out how to equip them in the first place. And yes I went into the config and got rid of the other conflicting V keybinds, but it still doesn't seem to do anything.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

EricFate posted:

The lenses should behave just like the wand foci do. Hold button, radial menu appears, pick lens. Oh, and look forward to hearing that stupid 'you can't learn anything from this' sound effect ALL THE GODDAMN TIME. I wound up drop kicking those bastards out of my inventory after the first hour.

So they just sit in my inventory? No need to put them in a special GUI slot like the health upgrade things? I, uh, haven't made wand foci yet, so I'm not entirely sure how they're supposed to operate. That's sort of the point of playing AS2, for me, is to learn how some of this stuff works! (the documentation out there for Thaumcraft is horrible, if I didn't have my husband around to answer questions I'd be totally lost on a bunch of this poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

AceClown posted:

Minecraft Modding: there's no documentation anywhere.

Yep :smith:

Anyone know how to unlock glyph of the bovine in Thaumcraft's Automagy sub-mod? They are modifications for the thirsty tank but I've researched/made/scanned a thirsty tank and it still says I'm missing required research for the glyphs. Googling lead to one Reddit thread that mentioned making/scanning a Crystalline Brain: Earth and researching Signum Entia from there, but either he forgot a step after that or stuff's changed since then or I just wasn't reading the thread right? This mod is so goddamned frustrating, navigating the thaumonomicon is infuriating. I'm gonna get through all these Ag Skies 2 quests eventually though. Hopefully.

Edit: Went back and read the thread again, missed the step about throwing the pearl of avarice at items on the ground til it breaks. That unlocked the glyphs. Who the hell would figure that poo poo out otherwise?!?! :rant:

BlueOccamy fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 13, 2015