Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Blightfall wasn't too bad, but I felt it really dragged in the latter half.

Speaking of blightfall. Have there been anymore big story based packs like that since? I remember blightfall was unique because it had this cool lead up with a website with items you could interact with updating every day in the week leading to its release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I’ve been wanting to try out the new thaumcraft and hearing Talonos is incorporating it in his new pack is aces and I think I’ll wait for that to release.

I know Thaumcrat is no longer developed though. How far did it come? Did Azanor finish it up first or is it missing the endgame stuff like void related content?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Talked my friend into trying regrowth with me. I’ve played it a bunch but he’s very new to modded minecraft and I think regrowths staggered progression should be a great way to ease him into it.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Man I’m so bad at chilling out, always gotta progress now now now.

In regrowth I’m sick of using the fertiliser to get mystical flowers so I went and grabbed the plants and now I finally have the seeds. I find I lack a lot of garden soil but my limiter isn’t compost, it’s dirt. Is there something I can use to generate dirt or am I poo poo out of luck until I can transmute cracked sand with thaumcraft?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

What are the relevant changes that would apply for Regrowth if it got updated? Just the mods in general or core features?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I went and delved into a new modpack, specifically The Brave New World which is an exploration focused modpack with magic and science poo poo. I'm thoroughly enjoying it atm because of the insanely good cave generation it has. I haven't dug a single straight tunnel yet because every hole in the world leads to a large and complex cave system and it rules real hard.

It's missing a few key things though, so I inserted applied energistics but other than that it's really nice, doing my first foray into astral sorcery for the teleportation network.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It chugged a bunch for me but the twitch launcher only gives it 2gb RAM per default so once I pumped it up to 8gb it was fine.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Mapgoons have been running a server for a few weeks and it's pretty popular with a bunch of first time players. We ended up on Mechs and Magic Lite for the first foray but now we're shopping around for another multiplayer friendly pack and looking for suggestions.

We're looking to build a player city next time around instead of scattering to the four winds and decorative mods are in. We're probably ditching Thaumcraft 6 :rip: in order to move to a newer version of the game so if anyone knows of good packs for 1.16 or maybe a little earlier that'd be greatly appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

There’s Regrowth which is also an old 1.7 mod pack but there’s sadly no exploration of elements.