Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Black Pants posted:

So we just discovered today that Redstone Arsenal has a slight bug. This bug being that Fluid Transposers cannot accept diamonds in order to turn them into Flux Crystals.

Flux Crystals that are ingredients for MAKING THE THINGS THE MOD ADDS. :argh:

Minetweaker the recipy so you can craft flux crystals with a block of redstone and a diamond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
:stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwUm2a_Fplo
That was made using vanilla minecraft. How compact could he have made that using some mods?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

axelsoar posted:

Just curious, would it be possible to make a 'bag' to hold a lot of 1 item, that places one of the block when you right click and opens if you shift+right click? Maybe it doesn't even need to be operable with a proper inventory, just have it turn them into a stored number that iterates down when used, and shift +rmb just pulls a stack out, or what is left if it has less than a stack.

Botanica black hole charms already do this?

bbcisdabomb posted:

Direwolf uses something like that, it shows up as /dev/null. No idea what it's from.

I think that's from extra ultilities or something. And those store only a certain amount then delete any excess that comes in.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 28, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Elswyyr posted:

Ah, a live feed of Kakermix and his spare bodies.

:stare: I think that's for blightfall.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

I was thinking of whipping up a lightweight modpack to play with my 12-year-old cousin during holiday vacation (thinking ahead, I know). I was thinking Tinkers Construct and Ars Magica might be a good start. Any ideas?

Iron chests or some other big chests mod.
inv tweaks (sort chests button)
Minimap of some kind
NEI (how to make stuff)
Extra-utilities
Gravestone
Nether ores
Enchanting Plus

That's all I can think of at the moment.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 9, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

Just wanna take a second to point out that day 2's up :)

There's a strange purple flora covering the planet,
LETS SEND AN UNPROTECTED PERSON INTO IT!
NOTHING CAN GO WRONG!!

The ship is gonna get infected isn't it?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

djw175 posted:

Check the open pod. They're sending you down with a sealed suit apparently.

I'm pointing out that they didn't do that initially.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

The current version has tons of hidden stuff you can find if you're clever and creative enough. Personally I'm hoping for a new map to go with everything and ill be checking the he'll out of that cave.

I'll probably also beeline for the silvered Grove and set up my home there though.

Last time I played, I've seen pure nodes get corrupted a minute after I find them, and the silverwood grove is no exception. I would probably go on to say that the silverwood grove is a risky place to go because you are in a forest, and you have to clear out all the trees because the taint turns alot of it into swarm spawners, and those keep coming back until you can clear out all the tainted wood they're spawning from.

Everywhere starts off as tainted, and in some cases including inside the biodomes. I've died from going afk, and taint spreading into the biodome, then getting killed by a tainted chicken or something.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

McFrugal posted:

I never had issues growing oak trees inside the biodomes. Also I thought there were a few dirt blocks in Omega? If there aren't any then yeah it's probably the most difficult dome to get started in, as it should be. You'll also have trouble getting animals to spawn there since they don't spawn on grass in ocean biomes.

Also if taint grows into your biodome you hosed it up somehow, probably by destroying your silverwood tree.

The pure nodes actually covers a smaller area than the biodome covers. The taint can grow diagonally into the biodome.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Blightfall is being released in about 20 minutes! :aaaaa:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

does the day 6 page have anything new, if it does i can't find it :smithfrog:

Nope.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I find the easy way to deal with taint is to plop down a pathway of half slabs and stairs if I know I'm going though an area often.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

McFrugal posted:

I found out something hilarious just now. It doesn't matter what direction a seared drain is pointing.

It's been that way for as long as I remember, the drain inputs and outputs in all directions regardless of it's facing.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

How did you get a rubber sapling? Just order random seeds bags and get phenomenally lucky?

You can find rubber trees in the wild, you just have to be quick and lucky with getting them.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
A note about the thaumcraft infusions, since botanica is in the modpack, and if thaumcraft integration is turned on, you can use botanica mana pylons to stablize the poo poo out of infusions, each one adds like 10 stability so 4 will perfectly stablize any of the basic infusions. if you have 8 or more you could possibly perfectly make things like the osmotic enchanter.

However, THEY ARE EXPENSIVE. Each mana pylon costs 1 mana diamond, 2 mana steel ingots, and 2 gold. However, if you are playing on a team or on a server with a bunch of people, it would pay off big time to have an alter with a bunch of them since having perfectly stablized infusions will significantly cut down on material costs of things, and more importantly make it more convenient and less time wasting.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Magres posted:

Not to mention an octet of mana pylons looks a goddamned lot better than spamming 80 candles on platforms above and below the altar

I think it only checks for stability adding and subtracting on the same level as the pedestals.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Magres posted:

Woo woo got my centivis node going. Now to go see if I can bottle a 25 point omni that's bright and hope for a nice 6 CV node for free. Though, once you've got Centivis of everything going, it's really easy to pump out several gold capped greatwood wands and some recharging relays and arcane benches to act as a big battery array.

Also uncorking a tainted node in the middle of your biodome is crazily worrying. I had the whole thing covered in silverblooms and was still going :aaa: when I did it because if it somehow tainted my silverwood tree I'd be ssssooooo screwed.

Surround your pure node with glass. I think nodes only get tainted when taint fibers reach them.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

McFrugal posted:

Yeah, I think whoever tested the 250 hunger thing was maybe a little too obsessed with eating all the various meal types. You *can* get through it without a huge amount of trouble actually, considering how many goddamn dairy products there are and how many meals use dairy products, but dairy products are also really annoying to make since you can't make them in batches without automated crafting. Tomatoes also unlock a bunch of different things to eat... then there's fishing and meat-based foods. HOWEVER, once you actually get past the 250 hunger you suddenly have to start referring to NEI to see which foods are good to eat again. Or keep all the best foods you eat in a chest so you can refer back to them easily. It's annoying and it should really be like 100 hunger. That's long enough to make it important to get new sources of food at the start where it counts, and short enough so you don't have to keep like 50 types of meals available. That said, I am actually going to see if I can get enough big meals to cover the 250 without it being annoying in the endgame.

I imagine Epic Bacon is going to be important to get since it covers like 50 hunger points all by itself. Big meals are really important. Unfortunately because of the pre-existing hunger history you can't eat epic bacon until you clear it all out.

You can craft a bucket of milk into three "fresh milk" which are stackable and can be used in place of a bucket of milk for almost everything that requires a bucket of milk.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

McFrugal posted:

That only tracks things you've eaten within the 250 hunger history. Since you want to eat things NOT in your history, it's not useful for this purpose.

No you can't. Fresh milk isn't even in NEI. The only way to stack milk is to put it into glass bottles. Eventually I plan on having a rancher supply milk to fluicrafters or whatever.

I guess they removed that part of that mod.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Maiden posted:

Doesn't this need a heavy investment in blood magic to do?

No, you can put a pick of the core or something like that in there.

Edit: once you get an osmotic enchanter (and it doens't loving break your world) and an energized node, you can put any enchantment you want on everything at the cost of some time.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 16, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

energized nodes and centivis are basically the best ever

so is the infernal furnace, no more lava ever

see also recharging my wand, too bad you can't charge staves with it :smithcloud:

If you want to charge staves using an energized node, you have to be wearing the vis battery necklace, I think that works.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Killer, thanks!

Got my CV thing going. The messis node downgraded to pale, sadly, but hell, 4/tick of everything will still do the job. Never running out to charge wands again.

Now I can actually USE the shock focus :getin:

Just murder all the spawning passive mobs, they drop most aspects except ignis, which you can get from taint swarms.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

I cleaned all that with a darkwood shovel, a darkwood sword, and 13 blooms, and it took me about a real life day to do.
I also had to destroy a tainted node that kept re-tainting the island, it took me an 10 minutes of digging around before I said "gently caress it" and dug straight down approximately where it was.
:suicide:

Now to move all my stuff there and set up thaumcraft stuff. Etc. etc.

Now to backup my world incase that osmotic enchanter murders my world, again.

I just realized, since the vanilla mob spawning is fixed, you can make a mob drop tower and use a scythe to murder mobs en masse and use the vis to charge your wands and staffs.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 16, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Got a fluxed armor set from a machine bag. Gonna make a factory to produce gunpowder and say gently caress the fancy weapons, I'm mass producing black bullets and using a machine gun. We'll take the planet back the scifi way!

:stare:
I didn't even know we had guns now!
make a mob drop tower, get all the gunpowder you could ever want!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

if i remember correctly it makes a bubble of air inside water

e: also, i found a flower on that floating lab island that lets me generate mana by absorbing explosions. I wonder what the easiest way to generate an explosion would be in blightfall.

You can choose to get a nitro creeper from the black market. They throw live TNT.
I am mistaken.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 16, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

McFrugal posted:

Uh, if I'm thinking of the same Nitro Creeper, from Natura, they don't throw live TNT, they just explode really fast. The only creeper I know of that throws TNT is the Festive Creeper, and that mod (Koda's Custom Creepers) is not in Blightfall.

I am mistaken then.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

What's a good essentia distillation setup look like without golems? IIRC the alchemy core requires infusion and blarg I can't be bothered yet, but I don't remember how to make TC pipes not suck.

You can do this by piping everything to a bank of crystalizers.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I found a bunch in one of the upper fields in Redwood City, personally.

On that note, don't stick around long enough for masses of taint swarms to start spawning. Having to fend off 4 taint swarms and bunches of tainted animals is not fun.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
So, I used a stone gun, and I can kill a tainted guard with 6 stone bullets. VERY VERY EFFECTIVE FOR THE COST!

I'm gonna make a mob drop just for collecting gunpowder for bullets now.

Edit: if you have access to botanica mana, you should be making manasteel endcaps for your wands and staffs. It's just as effective as thaumium for significantly less cost.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 16, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
you can also generate bread and do the cell refil req for power.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Magres posted:

How do you set it so you can use cheat-y commands like /tc aspect give 1000

I'm super tired of thaum research and scrounging around for research points

You have to do that either at world creation, or turn on LAN with cheats enabled.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
So, I'm at the glacier, and I managed to trap the tainted thaumiturge, and the tainted botanist. I tried dropping sand on the tainted thaumiturge but they don't take suffocation damage. Then I found a member of the scouting party there with a rapid fire gun with explosive shells :stare:.

Edit, there's also a perfect sinister node there with all 6 aspects if you wanted another node.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 17, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Taffer posted:

Honestly, for Blightfall you'll probably never go beyond basic storage. I haven't yet and I'm a big nerd about AE who loves setting up big systems. The resource shortage combined with the lack of a reliable source of decent power makes it hard to go big, and the lack of custom recipes forcing you to use the inscriber makes it a huge hassle. But it's definitely worth the effort to set up a basic system, because moving beyond chests is simply fantastic.

For power I'm just using the reactor you can request and the yellorium I find. It's enough for the basics, but definitely not near enough to set up anything big. Even running a harvester and cooking the logs into charcoal for botania mana puts me at a power loss.

you could have golems plant trees, chop, collect, and drop the logs into an infernal furnace, then carry the resulting charcoal to your drop crates.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Cool, thank ya.

New question, does anyone else have vis relays end up broken and have to be replaced? (I usually creative mode break and replace the relay because :effort: and that fixes it but it's still annoying)

I find this happens when the source and destination are in different chunks.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

TheresaJayne posted:

My question is , i have golems harvesting the crops and another one gathering, but how can i make the harvesting golem replant as well?

Attach an order upgrade to the golem to make him replant.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Reason posted:

What metal mines extreme ore?

Or you could use a focus of equal trade.

FYI, you can get 4 primal aspects from smelting enchanted fabric, another 2 from feathers, and 1 from dirt. If you have a farm you probably have alot of sheep and chickens. You can even use the non-white sheep because you can pulverize 1 wool into 4 string.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Edminster posted:

THANK gently caress. You also going to fix the vegemite recipe so it allows Natura barley instead of requiring Pam's? As to the hunger length, I think my biggest problem is how incredibly opaque and non-intuitive it is. There's no way short of manually counting in a food journal how far along you are to see how much more variety you need, and even then you have to deal with an already-extant food history so sometimes you find new sources of food that are already partially depleted. It's almost great, but the last couple of flaws are incredibly irritating.

Why is this not in the modpack especial with how big food and cooking is?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

The Aqua upgrade for golems increases their sight range by a lot. Not sure if it stacks with spectacles but even if not it should be plenty. If you want to keep using the Ordo upgrade on your harvest golems you'll need to either make an advanced golem or use one with two upgrade slots (flesh, thaumium).

There are three ways to increase golem sight range.
Upgrade to advanced golem,
Spectacles,
And Water Upgrade.

That's all that I know, but there might be other mods that add more options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Magres posted:

Euclidaisies seem to spit out a lot of Auram wispy essences. Maybe it's just random chance, but I've got 20 Essences so far and 13 of them are Auram.

Which is just fine by me, all I want them for is a way to have a renewable source of Auram and Auram wispy essences have 4 Auram in them.

Oof though, these things take a lot of mana to run, I definitely need to get a pile of golems up and running on my tree farm and an infernal furnace setup to turn the wood into charcoal and make some more endoflames and just, in general, beef this poo poo up to keep up.

Theres a few wisp spawners you can find. There's one on your way to the summit, and there's another more easily accessible one near the waterfall lake.

That said. I saw a sinister node get tainted within 30 seconds of me finding it. I think pure and sinister nodes should be immune to tainting considering they usually remove tainted lands within their area.