Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

On an unrelated note, uh....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbcz9_ubhQ0

This is a thing.

Please tell me this still works on current versions so I can be mad at our resident modpack builders for not including it recently. :emo:

Edit: Oh, false alarm. It's brand new. Can't wait to give it a whirl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
Is there an NEI plugin which adds a filter save/load feature to the button at the top of the screen? I remember being able to rclick it a long time ago and having save slots appear. It'd be very helpful now that I need to hide bee genetics, microblocks, common blocks, ae2 covers and many other spammy mods.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

I just discovered the drawers for sorting items and holy poo poo have my eyes been opened. The addition of a controller just takes away everything tedious about sorting your items, minus the initial round of sorting everything into the drawers in the first place.

You can also use a JABBA dolly to move drawers around!

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
Extra Utilities can make very effective and completely passive mob grinders.

Cursed Earth/Vanilla Spawners
-> Conveyors -> Iron (or better) Spikes -> Item & XP collection methods.

Transfer Node (Items) fitted with multiple World Interaction Upgrades is very good at picking up drops in an area without messing with the surrounding area like vacuum chests do.
I use an upgraded MFR Sewer to collect dropped experience orbs as mob essence. Extra Utilities also has a trash can for dumping unwanted/overflowing items so your system will not clog.
If you are playing multiplayer, do make sure your system will never clog or spill items everywhere and definitely have an off switch (probably turn on a light or suck the cursed earth into a drawbridge) for the spawners.

Spike types quick reference:

Wood: Leaves mob at 1hp.
Iron: Kills, leaves basic drops.
Gold: Also drops XP orbs.
Diamond: Also drops player-kill-only drops.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

I really want to play around with TC5 but there aren't any good packs I've been able to find and I don't have the time to put the work in myself. Ideally I'd like to get my hands on whatever build Direwolf20 is using in his serverplay series because it has the new Tinkers and stuff as well, but I haven't been able to find it.

I had sworn I would never manually mod Minecraft ever again after too many days burned attempting that poo poo, but Thyrork's MultiMC post showed me how easy it can be. The only thing I didn't understand was that "install the latest forge" is actually a button in the MultiMC interface.

Curse 1.8.9 Filtered:
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft?filter-project-game-version=1.8.9&filter-project-sort=1

1.8.9 Not Enough Mods:
https://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.8.9.html

CheetoRamen fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
Can you slap the new thaumcraft onto an existing world and get by? Are there ores/crystals that'll need a newly-genned area, or is it going to crap out without a brand new world?