Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Devor posted:

I remember being hyped for PO3 and disappointed when it came out, though I don’t recall why.

Did it just not have much differentiating it from other kitchen sink packs? PO2 quest book was forward thinking at the time, but now every pack has that.

It was literally more of the same and petered out in that similar fashion with the questline. Fairly okay in guidance at the start but there's a point you can tell the creator stopped caring about putting all the details in place because the rest are roughly slapped in, particularly once you reach the point of most post-scarcity. You have to be really loving motivated to make it into Avaritia and the insane extended crafting poo poo.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Sep 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Oh and Lordcraft, even at this current version, sometimes the NPCs refuse to talk with you. Just why hook progression into a buggy mod that hasn't resolved itself since the modpack's inception?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

GTNH/Blightfall for something completely different than normal. I've also heard really good things about Sevtech.

PO2 is going to be the sifter's version of a skyblock with the option of playing on a completely flat surface instead. I enjoyed it the most. PO3 is just an updated version of the same. I enjoyed it less even with the additional variety. SkyFactory 4 is the next gen where you grind with TREES. The questbook loving sucks and the Parabox is a dumb concept but I still put hours into it so I could criticize it properly.

Exoria is skyblock except set in a hostile world. I like it because it tries to do something different with the concept.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

It's alright if you've got other things to fiddle with while you're letting the next batch of crops grow to max. The draw to have the best though is strong and active measures to speed up growth through things like watering cans has definitely incentivized me to sit and watch grass grow a fair number of times.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Devalues my property value seeing them in my skyline :argh:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

That's actually unrelated modpack drama, most of which can be found in the second post of this thread. That sort of thing isn't as prevalent anymore, thankfully.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

And then there's another block from that mod that can take in 9 Black Hole Units so you can concentrate storage even further. I was having difficulties finding items to put in them when I built a storage facility deliberately to max out an AE2 controller channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

There appears to be enough space (open in a 3x3 column above at least 5 height) it and I imagine light levels are sustained above 9 with that torch pattern too. As long as you're within a certain radius of the sapling, it should grow.