Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Huh I'm not sure about mobgriefing. I was getting myself hazed by creepers on Mr.Boofu's server but I don't think blocks were getting whacked.

The pack really does expect you to suffer though. Like, the normal idea is that you just entomb yourself at night and spend that part of the cycle reading the quest book or whatever. You can make a compelling case though that an experienced person can start at noon and have a bed before nightfall normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
What kind of layout prep should I make for steam in GT:NH? We are about to get into this online, and the explosion risk, risk of destroying pipes, and the lack of overall vision from the steps in the quest book make it hard to know how to get it right. I don't want to backtrack too much once we get started.

The impression I get is that boiler is primarily going to get us to steel but I don't see it in the quest book yet. I just want to lay out the space to accommodate that and the intermediate machinery and logistics.

Also, I'd like to know the ratio of water consumption to fuel consumption so I know how much extra water to have aside to give the setup some homework.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Does GT:NH have portable water beyond buckets in the steam tier? I am trying to figure out if we would have to haul buckets to keep things going.

Edit: More stuff: I couldn't craft the miner's backpack on a crafting bench. Is there something else to it? It looked like 2 iron ingots, 5 leather, and 2 woven cloth.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 29, 2020

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Also tree mods that mess with oaks will gently caress up tree farm behavior. Recurrent Complex did that to me when I was trying to run a tree farm once. It wanted to make its special trees at its own rate, and I was wondering why nothing seemed to work.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Qubee posted:

How can I run wiring from outside my house to inside it without having an ugly hole in the wall? I can't place a relay outside and inside as wires don't pass through blocks, so I'm at a loss. I tried using conduits but they're tiny and also leave a huge gap.

There may be more contextual solutions, but assuming the wire is for power, then use a battery from your modpack.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
GT:NH blast oven: Are there any better ways to secure calcite in the steam age than as a tertiary product of lazurite veins? They're the sparse product of a fairly rare ore and I'm struggling to get individual blocks of it, let alone 76 of them.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Is that macerator a general ore doubler?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Lazurite doesn't seem to macerate. Is there other stuff that straight calcite ore that can produce calcite dust?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

McFrugal posted:

What? You can macerate lazurite ore, and lazurite itself.
If you really want to avoid having to dig out a lapis vein to get the calcite ore, you can centrifuge marble dust. You really should just get calcite ore though. One lapis vein should have more than enough.

I didn't have the macerator properly connected. I had to fiddle with the steam pipes a few times but eventually got it to start doing stuff.

I also ultimately did dig out that vein without a problem, but there was some luck to that. The vein was mixed with mineshafts with a lot of monsters. Meanwhile, I'm running around with an iron chestplate that somehow has all of 4 durability left on it. Something is playing horror movie sounds beyond the usual stuff while I'm mining, but the vein itself didn't cut into any eldritch death tunnels.

I'm now struggling with gypsum.

There's been a lot of suggestions involving some pretty elaborate equipment. I'm still in the steam age and trying to make the steel ingots I need to bust out of it. I'm kind of hoping that GT:NH substantially expands once I get some steel going so I've been reaching for the first thing I find that claims to make some. I managed to steal an LV steam generator and a rolling machine from a village but I don't think that's going to do anything for me with the general technology level I have right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Hah! I cheated one in for the sake of everybody I'm playing with already. I've already lost track of what we have to do!