Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Is there any way to stop the game or any of the launchers from putting gigs of garbage on the system drive? If there's some .cfg I can edit that will make .minecraft and all of its poo poo go to D:/ or wherever, that would be really awesome. With all the garbage that gets written to C:/ by games and other apps I'm going to have to eventually partition a drive with more than 100 gigs as the system partition but I'll be damned if I do it for loving minecraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

30.5 Days posted:

This was a few pages back but technic launcher has the ability to install to wherever you want. You can do it on first run or you can go to launcher options -> move if it's already installed.

You have two options for choosing your own install path- you can change the directory of a standard install (meaning that the launcher configuration file is still stored in your user directory, but everything else is moved to your directory of choice), or you can use a portable install (meaning that everything is in your chosen directory but you have to run the launcher executable from the directory).

Thanks. Last time I deleted a minecraft launcher its /appdata subdirectory on C had ballooned ridiculously. I'm the retarded rear end in a top hat who only gave my win7 system partition 100 gigs. In my defense I could not have foreseen every current application would want to store gigs of its poo poo on there.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Thanks for the Blightfall recommendation. I'm back at minecraft after quite a few years away and this is right up my alley.