Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this is kinda handy for making wrought iron though.

less so for, uh, wrought copper. because that doesn't exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Minecraft: Mods, New

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Lazurite doesn't seem to macerate. Is there other stuff that straight calcite ore that can produce calcite dust?

to add to this you can use XP buckets, but this needs at least two LV machines and thus at least 27 steel already including a turbine. centrifuging marble is a goer, but again, needs an LV machine and thus at least 18 steel. moreover, you need an equal amount of gypsum, and there's no shortcuts for that one.

mining the ore is your best bet. strip-mine the blue stuff with an iron hammer with a shitload of redstone attached.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

to add to this you can use XP buckets, but this needs at least two LV machines and thus at least 27 steel already including a turbine. centrifuging marble is a goer, but again, needs an LV machine and thus at least 18 steel. moreover, you need an equal amount of gypsum, and there's no shortcuts for that one.

mining the ore is your best bet. strip-mine the blue stuff with an iron hammer with a shitload of redstone attached.

i am wrong about the xp buckets; there's a steam age quest to get an XP drain, you don't need LV machines. you just need enough experience to fill 128 buckets because it takes two per portion of calcite dust :q:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i will post here alone, in support of my 1.2.5 mods. has anyone heard of Redpower