Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was really worried when the Ultimate universe started up that it was going to completely replace 616 as the primary Marvel universe. Everything released around that time outside of comics seemed to be focused on it. The stupid thing is the main reason I didn't like the Ultimate universe because I hated Thor's look. That hammer/axe thing was dumb and he had leds on his chest. Was he based on Techno Viking or something?

Ultimate Carol is pretty much responsible for Parker's death. If she had not demanded he get trained, Punisher would never have shot him. Though one thing I do like about the Ultimate Universe, I do love old hippy Aunt May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fatherboxx posted:

Young Avengers ended exactly like that

Kate moved in with Clint, Noh-varr is living on his spaceship, I guess its just Prodigy, Wiccan and Hulking living there?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SynthOrange posted:

BRB explained in 2 pages.

I just realized, thats the Power Pack kids, who got their powers from a Wizard of BRB's race didn't they?

I'm pretty sure Val is going to figure things out, that this is a constructed Universe, that was her whole talk with the Sheriff of Agamotto (serious, Stephen needs to keep that title) and is going to be the one who is the catalyst for everything returning to normal.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's literally a comic called Kitty Pryde and Star Lord, so I'm sure she'll be in that.

My assumption is Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps is going to be 616 Carol, and a bunch of Alternative Carols. Or the Aforce one is 616.

Limbo isn't part of the universe so its still around, right? Magik just stepping disk the Xmen there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SynthOrange posted:

Those statues in the underground. They look more like giant fossilized corpses. The ledge that Alex stands under looks like parts of scale mail, the shape of the head is pretty human and the mask suggests Cap? And there's another one there with the chest blasted open and ribs poking out.

That's super creepy and I didn't notice it. Yea that head looks pretty much like Cap.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Strange and Carol had a weird moment in her 2000s solo series. They defeat the villain and they're in a power pose together and they have this "so are we gonna make out or what" thing. Doesn't go anywhere, but this is also the series were Carol sleeps with Wonderman.

Wonderman ; Marvel ladies perpetual sex mistake.

Strange is pretty amusing in New Avengers when Squirrel Girl and Wolverine are talking to each other about their history. He's the focus of the panels as he figures out what they're talking about.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Reading the first few volumes of essential Avengers it shows that the writers would create a character, and just keep pushing him, but it would never do anything. Black Knight felt like some fanfiction character because he'd swoop in and save Cap and the other actual Avengers.

I'm grabbing Deadpools Secret Secret Wars because the preview makes me think its modern Deadpool interacting with Early 80s Marvel, which just sounds amazingly fun.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to assume A-Force Carol is not the same one that was on the life raft.

Deadpool, Doop and Howard teaming up was pretty cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can only think of the original Rick and Morty stuff but with a Doom instead of Rick.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am glad I took the threads advice and grabbed Old Man Logan and Infinity Gauntlet. Both were awesome. I grabbed Inferno and Diaries, which I enjoyed, but I don't think Inferno can be a good story if its literally just Colossus trying to rescue Illyana over and over. I did like Scott as 90s Professor X though.

The Dani that Logan leaves the Hulk baby with, I assume that's Dani Moonstone?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

Basically all the supervillians were like "wait there are a billion of us" and swapped archenemies around and killed all of superheroes except a few. Wolverine was tricked by Mysterio into killing all the X-men and made a vow of pacificism after that. Blind Hawkeye shows up and they undertake a cross country journey of adventure in which Logan's new found philosophy is seriously challenged. Ultimately he recants..

Important note, Emma Frost married DOOM to create a safe place for Mutants. Also, Symbiot T-rex.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

Chris Sims talked about it on Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men and in he and Chad Bowers' original pitch for X-Men '92, they talked about sending them to all those '90s locales like Genosha and Madripoor and editorial nixed it, explaining that they're not on a whole planet, so I wonder if different editors are using different sized sections.

That interview makes me hate how long we have to wait for a print version. It just sounds amazingly fun.

The twins in Lilttle AvsX can't be the Maximoffs, there's already a Lil Scarlet Witch. I liked when she is pushing Lil Rogue and Rogue does not look up from her phone.

Years of future past was not bad. I enjoy the setting and I like how it tries to be in tune with the Claremont era. Rachael having her hound outfit was neat too.

Renew Your Vows was pretty meh. I like the idea of Spider-Man having to go outside his comfort zone to protect his family, but over all it fell flat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Elucidarius posted:

Wow, totally didn't even notice. I just assumed it was poking fun at the whole Disney vs Fox thing.

What other twins are there? The Struckers?

But yea, when I saw the post, that's what I assumed they had done.

And yea, that Doom face was pretty awesome. The only other times I can remember seeing Doom maskless they showed him having scars or burns. Missing a whole nose and lips and teeth just grotesque.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

net cafe scandal posted:

Think Attack on Titan's city walls, only its made out of The Thing instead of calcified titans

That was my first thought. The Shield is just Ben.

For everything being build of preexisting universes, I could see the explanation being that Doom could not create from nothing, just work with what existed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rirse posted:

So The Thing went being played by the guy from The Shield to BEING The Shield.

Wheels within wheels!

Doom probably as a Reed as his shower curtain or dish drying mat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't see anything that jumped out at me to grab tomorrow, that I wasn't already getting, but I'll have to grab Spider-verse if its got Spider-Gwen and Spider-Ham.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Fallout : Wolverine

I'm hoping that Angela 1602 will have Elizabethan Captain Marvel and Agent Venom.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh god Forbush Man, and the really lame Barbarian space guys that Marvel tried to push in the late 70s.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really like DSSW, its fun, and I love that Deadpool is totally 80s stud when he's not all cancered up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

irlZaphod posted:

Is X-Men '92 just an Infinite Comic? No print?

Its coming out this month in print, but its going to contain 2 issues of the infinite version.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

So Deadpool Secret Wars has made Secret Shields canon.

I never read the original secret wars, so I assumed when I saw that the shields the action figures came with were something from the original series based on that.

Also, looks like Deadpool is stealing Colossus's girlfriend.

And yea, each realm of battleworld is blocked in by a giant wall, and you are not to leave your realm, or throw anything out of your realm based on what happened to Ms America. If you do, you get sent to the Shield. Looks like the Doom Thor Patrol is the only group that has permission to travel between realms.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 18, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The rule seems to be you can't leave your realm, its spelled out pretty clearly in A-force, but there's probably a million exceptions. Like MODOK isn't going to rock the boat, but a Wolverine running around? That's not something DOOM can let happen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

Have we seen Squirrel Girl?

Probably locked in the deepest dungeon in Castle God Doom because she could undo all of Dooms grand plans.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, 616 Odinson did died before the final incursion, so there may be something funky with him. Actually, we never actually saw him and Hyperion die, they were just gone, so who knows?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Or maybe Doom stuck them in an area that was specifically designed for them?

I am perfecetly willing to accept DOOM'S WILL :doom: as an explanation for any questions about Battle World.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SynthOrange posted:

Oh my god E is for Extinction:

:allears:

Ah so it wasn't meant to be on an angle. The issues I looked at the comic store today had everything off center, like they were positioned wrong when they were cut.

That or there was some kinda dutch angle going on.

Emma, put some pants on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Four Score posted:

Zigzag needs to be on a new Pet Avengers post-Secret Wars. Kamala has Lockjaw, Thor can meet Throg, Ms. Lion can chill with Miles, and Cap has Redwing.

Captain Marvel's Cat Chewie as well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There should have been a Battleworld that was nothing but Summers brothers and possible Summers brothers, and their girlfriends.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

That Battleworld would likely include Vulcan, so I'm gonna pass on that.

Now you've just won me back.

Every Vulcan would die horribly, constantly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ghostlight posted:

I have had this argument before, so, it's 1968:

Then the lovely 80s handbook written by megaspergs retconned it so that the solar energy actually only charges apertures in his eyes that access another dimension full of kinetic energy, because solar powered punchbeams is just completely unbelievable in physics, but DNA coding for solar powered stargates is actually how things could work in reality.

I always thought "what a loving dork Scott is for wearing that bow tie". Then I realized that's Scott Summers and he probably bought into "bowties are cool" thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was fantastic. I love the idea that Strange transported the other survivors to other parts of Battleworld. That included the Cabal right? Somehow I don't think Strange is dead, Doom has probably done this many times before.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It felt kinda in character. Scott being "I got this guys" and rushing in to take out God Doom and getting ganked seemed like something he'd do. He has shown to put is faith in the Phoenix
Force before and that would make him feel invincible.

I liked A-force this week, I'm still curious about who the mystery girl is, though I still think its Black Mirror Kitty, just lots her memory.I guess She Hulk ended up in the Years of Future Past world? That was pretty good too. The Claremont level Colossus speech made my eyes gloss over though.

LIttle AvsX was again adorable and funny. I will not get tired ever of Lil Rogue always looking at her phone.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, you guys are right about 1872. That was fantastic. I cannot believe we have an old timey Kraven and Doc Ock along with Elektra and Bullseye.

The big battlen in Inferno features both Skidz and Adam X the X-tream. What the hell?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 8, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder if there is an in story reason for Cassie Lang to basically have Carol's current look.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this? posted:

So I wonder who really is behind everything in Civil War?

Mr Sinister.

In the last Panel of Age of Apocalypse, is that Pixie at the top? It's the only Elfish mutant I can think of, unless you count Asgard Wars Amara.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 8, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

Upper left? It's Blink.

Ah yes, completely forgot what she looks like in the comics.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh yea, AoA has Cypher as the main character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm actually kinda interested to find out if Osborne is actually being honest in Spiderverse, or he's going to use the Spider-People for something evil. He seemed honest when he showed them the web, which I assume is something that remains from the pre battleworld universe. The whole idea of Spiderverse is that they know somethings hinky with the world they live in, and I could see it being one of the centers of revolt against Doom.

I liked Captain Britain Spider-Man talking about everyones flaws and strengths during the fight at the start.

WE DON'T EAT MONKEYS!!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

They said it killed 15 million people but: how did the escaping heroes survive and there aren't 15 million people in St. Louis.

I think that the explosion was not just a city, but over a bunch of states. Remember there is a giant fissure that separates the Iron from the Blue. And we know the Iron is smaller with a larger population than the Blue so them fissure is probably somewhere along the Ohio valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Didn't they say Cloak teleported as many people as he could away before the explosion?

Also, Tony thinks Steve set the bomb, and vice versa, so there is a 3rd player involved who is probably responsible for the destruction.

• Locked thread