Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Not sure what the dealio with the vampires is yet. They seem to have some sort of Vampire Man's Burden going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Dan7el posted:

I keep wondering if the buildings would really look like they do in this anime from a simple plague that wiped out adults. Maybe the Horseman-thingies are uprooting whole buildings? Also, how are the Horseman-thingies explained? Vampires. Sure. We get vampires. Plague that kills only adults. Check.

Giant thingies that kill people called "The Four Horsemen of" something. What?

Watch Life After People, it would only take a few years without maintenance for buildings built within the last 30 years to start collapsing.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

ViggyNash posted:

Another meh episode. I feel like they're squandering :black101: potential.

Eh, I feel it's an important episode to establish what the power gap actually is. We went from Unarmed Vampire as Clearly More Powerful than a Human with a Sword (albeit you can hold your own for a short while) to establishing that Humans With Cursed Gears > Vampires with "Normal" weapons but Noble/Elite Vampires Curbstomp even Humans with Cursed Gear.

100% This is how Sasuke should've been.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

ViggyNash posted:

We didn't need a whole episode of bland combat and silly drama (except for that bit with the car, that was fun) to be shown only that.

The car scene was a mastery of comedic timing.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

ViggyNash posted:

They did mention a new mechanic near the end of the episode, so lets see how that helps.

It's been hinted at a few times now as the protag got those marks before.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Grouchio posted:

Is it just me or are the female MCs getting shafted by the male MCs in typical shounen fashion? Or does it stay even?

Seems fairly even, the guys do outnumber the girls on Team Protagonist so by the numbers the male MC's will probably get more screen time, buuuut Shinoa is drat memorable and steals the spotlight in every scene.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Well that was a certainly interesting way for them to meet up.

Odds on both Mika and Guren kicking the bucket or we in Bleach "horizontal slash" territory? Guren doesn't really give me Obi Wan vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I actually thought the show would do something really ballsy and off Yu's team. The direction really made it sound like that was going to happen.

• Locked thread