Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

MyAnimeList posted:

One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world's dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.

Wikipedia posted:

In 2012, the world allegedly comes to an end at the hands of a human-made virus, ravaging the global populace and leaving only children untouched. It is at this time that vampires emerge from the recesses of the earth, likely followed by age-old horrors of the dark thought only to be myth. The vampires sweep the earth and claim it in a single violent stroke, subjugating the remnants of humanity and leading them beneath the surface to safety. This "protection" comes at the price of donating blood to their captors. At the age of twelve, Yūichirō and his friend and fellow orphan Mikaela plotted to escape along with the children in Hyakuya Orphanage. However, this resulted in their deaths and Mikaela sacrifices himself in order for Yūichirō to escape and be saved by members of the Moon Demon Company, an extermination unit of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. Four years later, Yūichirō dedicates his life to destroy vampires and seek revenge against them for murdering his "family".

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

drat you. Here's the OP I was about to post:

Seraph of the End (Owari no Seraph) is an anime about pretty boys in cool uniforms (there's also a few pretty girls). Some are vampires, some want to kill vampires. Maybe some want to kiss? Probably not, but the OP implies pretty strongly that they do. Sometimes the human ones wear school uniforms, and that's not as cool, but their military uniforms are pretty sweet.

Look at this cool fucker. He looks better with the cape, but apparently the internet disagrees, as I couldn't find any good images of him wearing it. The internet does seem to think that he's very attractive, though.

This guy takes it a bit far, but his heart's in the right place.

Look at this vampire guy in his vampire uniform. He didn't murder my family at all and I still want to punch him with a demon.

Oh poo poo! Guy that's murdered in the first episode is also in a vampire uniform! I'd feel bad if they didn't spoil this in the OP.

I like the visual effect they use for the demon weapons.

It's been entertaining so far, even with post-apocalyptic anime high school. It's decently animated and the characters are fun enough to watch. If you're considering it, the first 2-3 episodes should tell you whether you like it. It's available to watch on Funimation so you should go ahead and deal with their subpar website and player and watch it there.

Also, the ED contains the lyric "I need your blood" in english. This is an example of quality anime writing.

Also the music is composed by Hiroyuki Sawano.

The studio is Wit Studio of Attack on Titan and Rolling Girls fame.

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm going to.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm gonna append that to my post. I hope you don't mind.

• Locked thread