Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The high school aspect of the show has a Blue Exorcist vibe to it, which I'm ok with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Fleve posted:

Episode 6 spoiler. I would've liked it if the brown-haired kid had to be killed off instead of the usual safe-everyone sappiness, but I can see why they didn't go there. But I definitely hope that once the two main characters meet we're not going to get a season-long arc of 'looking for a cure' or 'redemption'. Please just skip that cliche and go straight for the bitter rivalry and murdering. So far the show seems to be best when things are bleak and lives worth little.

Honestly, I disagree with all of this.

The show so far has been about holding on to and protecting what little you've got in that shithole of a world, so killing him would have gone entirely opposite to that. This isn't AoT.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Another meh episode. I feel like they're squandering :black101: potential.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Eh, I feel it's an important episode to establish what the power gap actually is. We went from Unarmed Vampire as Clearly More Powerful than a Human with a Sword (albeit you can hold your own for a short while) to establishing that Humans With Cursed Gears > Vampires with "Normal" weapons but Noble/Elite Vampires Curbstomp even Humans with Cursed Gear.

100% This is how Sasuke should've been.

We didn't need a whole episode of bland combat and silly drama (except for that bit with the car, that was fun) to be shown only that.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
They did mention a new mechanic near the end of the episode, so lets see how that helps.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Seems fairly even, the guys do outnumber the girls on Team Protagonist so by the numbers the male MC's will probably get more screen time, buuuut Shinoa is drat memorable and steals the spotlight in every scene.

Agreed. Shinoa could probably wreck everyone but Yu given that she's far more experienced with the demon weapons and also not dumb. She can't touch Yu because he's got shounen protag powers, nothing she can do about that

Ultimately, we really haven't seen enough decent combat to judge anyone so this is a silly argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
So Krul mentioned something about "turning into a demon" during that flashback with Mika. I'm not sure if she meant that literally, but if so, could it be that the demons that become Cursed Gears are actually the degenerated souls of vampires that refused to suck blood, or some similar cause? Just some speculation, idk if that's the case.

• Locked thread