Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
drat you. Here's the OP I was about to post:

Seraph of the End (Owari no Seraph) is an anime about pretty boys in cool uniforms (there's also a few pretty girls). Some are vampires, some want to kill vampires. Maybe some want to kiss? Probably not, but the OP implies pretty strongly that they do. Sometimes the human ones wear school uniforms, and that's not as cool, but their military uniforms are pretty sweet.

Look at this cool fucker. He looks better with the cape, but apparently the internet disagrees, as I couldn't find any good images of him wearing it. The internet does seem to think that he's very attractive, though.

This guy takes it a bit far, but his heart's in the right place.

Look at this vampire guy in his vampire uniform. He didn't murder my family at all and I still want to punch him with a demon.

Oh poo poo! Guy that's murdered in the first episode is also in a vampire uniform! I'd feel bad if they didn't spoil this in the OP.

I like the visual effect they use for the demon weapons.

It's been entertaining so far, even with post-apocalyptic anime high school. It's decently animated and the characters are fun enough to watch. If you're considering it, the first 2-3 episodes should tell you whether you like it. It's available to watch on Funimation so you should go ahead and deal with their subpar website and player and watch it there.

Also, the ED contains the lyric "I need your blood" in english. This is an example of quality anime writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Do it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
What?? Every part of the show that's not filled with your basic shounen tropes is filled with angst.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I mean, I like it anyway, but I think every character that we've heard any backstory of is angsty.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

Going into this show with no expectations, the first episode was interesting, but the second episode dropped the high school and I got out as quickly as I could. I might come back later on if it has more to it than cliches, but I'm not optimistic.

Yeah, I almost didn't make it to the second episode when the preview showed high school. It's entertaining enough if you come to terms with the fact that it is very shounen.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That seems a sound decision.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
In general this was a weak episode. Introduced a character with a predictable personality and a predictable backstory, nothing else.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Grouchio posted:

Is it just me or are the female MCs getting shafted by the male MCs in typical shounen fashion? Or does it stay even?

Seems to me that that's happening. I've been less than enthused about these last couple episodes. The standard shounen tropes are threatening to overcome the little spark of creativity this has.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Car bit was good. The first half was awful, though. Swing sword; pause and lower weapons, as it's time to talk; raise weapons; repeat. Really bad direction.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Isn't Shinoa nominally in charge of their squad? Everyone seems to listen to Yuu just because he's the main character.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
What a dumb show. Fun, though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Largepotato posted:

Any gif of Yuu spew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
So I guess that's in until Fall. I'll probably watch more. When the show's doing ridiculous chopper-vampire action, or Shinoa is a-trolling, it's good fun. Episode 12 lacked these things, sadly.

• Locked thread