Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ocelot as well. In fact that entire ensemble and voice work is amazing. So much dialogue too, really blew me away as a kid that every single line was voiced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[Liquid suddenly appears in the Hind]
Liquid Snake: So the Snake's finally come out of his hole? Are you ready now... my brother?
Solid Snake: Why are you calling me brother? Who the hell are you?
Liquid Snake: I'm YOU. I'm your shadow.
Solid Snake: What?
Liquid Snake: Ask the father that you killed. I'll send you to hell to meet him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Ocelot as well. In fact that entire ensemble and voice work is amazing. So much dialogue too, really blew me away as a kid that every single line was voiced

I played it for the first time like 2 years ago and it still has the same effect and aged extremely well, especially considering the amount of blurry boring crap that was coming out at the same time.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I played it for the first time like 2 years ago and it still has the same effect and aged extremely well, especially considering the amount of blurry boring crap that was coming out at the same time.

I replayed all canon metal gear games, in canonical order 2 years ago and let's just say... It was gaming ambrosia

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even metal gear 2 on MSx was so goddamn ahead of its time with radar and hiding against walls, the boss fights were so fun. drat good game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I replayed all canon metal gear games, in canonical order 2 years ago and let's just say... It was gaming ambrosia

I saw the E3 2013 MGSV trailer and was intrigued so I bought the Legacy collection and played through all of them in release order and my life was changed

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I saw the E3 2013 MGSV trailer and was intrigued so I bought the Legacy collection and played through all of them in release order and my life was changed

In MGS1 before the fight with sniper wolf you can see liquids parachute from the hind fight, little details like that are so amazing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

In MGS1 before the fight with sniper wolf you can see liquids parachute from the hind fight, little details like that are so amazing

Moments like that are what make me afraid of a Kojima-less Metal Gear. Probably lots of devs who would take that project and get excited about directing really dumb overly long cutscenes when they don't realize that the coolest thing about MGS2 (among lots of other cool poo poo) is that the ice cubes melt in real time if you spill them on the floor.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

Solid Snake fights Big Boss in MG1 and MG2 not his clone brother.

It's a stretch but some of the boss fights from MG1 (specifically the tank and the hind fight on the rooftop) appear in MGS as well. Even Metal Gear's hangar is similar.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 7, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

It's the best PS1 game. Perhaps the best game of the first 3D era (arguably).

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

gently caress you.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I want to see a copy of both Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 released on LaserDisc. I bet Kojima would love that...knowing this is what people think of the 80's today.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLTqIXZ1jQQ&t=9200s

A GIFT FROM YOUR BROTHER! :haw:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
:cripes: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-the-1984-collection-clothing-line/1100-6427198/

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Someone buy me that jacket

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kojima: Hey man can I wear your cool jacket, I kind of made that game.

Konami: Sorry... members only.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/jumpers/dd84-sweater.html?store=metal-gear-solid cool

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Kojima: Hey man can I wear your cool jacket, I kind of made that game.

Konami: Sorry... members only.

Sorry Hideo.. *points to sign that says no Hideos allowed*

but you let in Hideo Takashi!

It says no Hideo's... We can have one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Sorry Hideo.. *points to sign that says no Hideos allowed*

but you let in Hideo Takashi!

It says no Hideo's... We can have one
Hideki Kamiya: "Go on! Get out of here! Nobody wants you here! Get out!" [quietly, to self, as Kojima leaves] "I'm so sorry, friend... more than you'll ever know... but it's for the best."

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who controls the pachinko crowd?
Who keeps Hideo Kojima down?
We do!
We do!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

We do!
We do!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
their mistake in punctuating the decade really ticks me off

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Swelter Discharge posted:

im not buyin poo poo from konami other than mgs 5
Bad news dude....

Dec 26, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

We do!
We do!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

had my monthly re watch of the MGSV E3 2013 trailer and got extremely excited again. Gonna get drunk tonight and play the ground zeroes mission for the 7th or 8th time :cheers:

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

had my monthly re watch of the MGSV E3 2013 trailer and got extremely excited again. Gonna get drunk tonight and play the ground zeroes mission for the 7th or 8th time :cheers:

never skip the openign cutscene

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

I sing along with the music and jump out of my chair on the big synth hit when snake climbs up the mountain side

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SM64Guy posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A slice of American pie on Communist soil.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like their blacklight(?) guns or w/e.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SM64Guy posted:

I never do. Rescuing Paz first isn't the right way to play but I find it makes the mission easier.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

It nearly brings me to tears every time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Man it blows my mind how some of the banner ads for aggro-gator are kind of funny but the website itself is one of the worst things I've ever seen.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I'm starting it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No more war games - you're a real man now, soldier.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's to you...

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't see any boxes to wear...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yaIT3-AejA&t=412s

This is the most epic moment in all of video game history.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Paz scenes are so brutal in this game I can barely stand to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They played us like a drat fiddle!

• Locked thread