Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

skipdogg posted:

I somewhat agree with your sentiment Moana, but I don't know if lazy is the right word. Humans tend to take a path of least resistance and gravitate towards pleasurable activities and situations. We like our comfort zone. Stressful, uncomfortable, even new situations we try to avoid unless there is some kind of over riding force that makes us adapt.

Complacency, lack of motivation, lack of belief, unwilling, I can get behind those, not sure about lazy though.

I know a guy who works in a warehouse environment. He doesn't want anything from his job but a check. He shows up, works his shift and goes home. He doesn't want a promotion, he doesn't want a new job, he just wants to work his 40 and get his check. He's not lazy in my eyes, he works hard, he's just complacent.

Best post.

Its probably already been said but there's absolutely nothing wrong with failure if you're giving a real effort toward obtaining something. If someone busts their rear end to try to become an actor but for whatever reason they fail then they can very likely transition to something else in the industry through the connections they've made, people recognize and appreciate a worker. I'm all for people going for their dream career, but put real effort into it and be realistic about your chances and where you're at. You'll land on your feet somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Bootstraps & Acting Lessons: Coming to terms with my sociopathic thoughts about your average American worker.

Really though, disturbing lack of empathy over warehouse bro's theoretical fall from complacent grace, seek help.

• Locked thread