Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He wrote and knows that all women fantasize with having all their holes plugged by big dicked studs and hell he would have my vote if I were american.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

He wrote and knows that all women fantasize with having all their holes plugged by big dicked studs and hell he would have my vote if I were american.

oh no, if only he were able to secure the creepy internet weirdo vote!

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I have a US passport and experience canvassing and campaigning, if someone finds me a job and has a couch to crash on I'll come on over and we can go chap doors for Big Bern.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Bernie Sanders, The Wide-Eyed Pragmatist

quote:

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who helped write the Senate version of the VA reform bill, praised Sanders for having the gumption to drop F-bombs one minute and counteroffers the next.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
john mac cain is correct here

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

computer parts posted:

White people: Your issues are literally subservient to ours. Why don't you support us?

Box checked. Now you can stop pretending that Bernie Sanders doesn't care about black people.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Typical Pubbie posted:

Box checked. Now you can stop pretending that Bernie Sanders doesn't care about black people.

Acting as though it's just a box to check while pretending that people were claiming that Sanders doesn't care about black people is totally a good idea.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Obdicut posted:

Acting as though it's just a box to check while pretending that people were claiming that Sanders doesn't care about black people is totally a good idea.

Thinking that Sanders only cares about issues relatable to white people because he's taking a laser beam focus on an issue that Democrats have largely shied away from until only recently is stupid. I say it's a box to check because that seems to be what Sanders' critics expect: lip service about the black experience from an old white Jew from Vermont. I expect Sanders will get serious about appealing to minority voters when his campaign extends beyond Iowa and New Hampshire.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Typical Pubbie posted:

Thinking that Sanders only cares about issues relatable to white people because he's taking a laser beam focus on an issue that Democrats have largely shied away from until only recently is stupid. I say it's a box to check because that seems to be what Sanders' critics expect: lip service about the black experience from an old white Jew from Vermont. I expect Sanders will get serious about appealing to minority voters when his campaign extends beyond Iowa and New Hampshire.

Why the hell would you think they just want lip service?

Sanders doesn't actually seem to understand the issues and their importance to minority. Using Ferguson to talk about income equality and job stuff was ear-cripplingly tone-deaf. It's not just about optics, it's that he seemed to be demonstrating he didn't really get it. The 'box to check' attitude is something I've only seen from his supporters, acting as though appeal to minorities is simply a matter of cynically pandering to them. He's running for president--he should be thinking nationally already. He should be really learning what the issues are and why they are important to minorities. Throwing up this one line from an interview as though you can say "See?" afterwards is also tone-deaf.

As I said in another thread, Sanders is acting like what he is: A fantastic senator who has issues that are super-important that he champions. He is not acting like an actual presidential candidate.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
If you're criticizing Sanders for having a one-track mind and perhaps engaging in some bad marxist criticism of the capitalist superstructure as it relates to race then I can see that, but his voting record on issues of race and immigration can speak for itself. The guy is focused on building local support in battleground states which happen to be some of the whitest in the country. He is a pragmatist first and I don't fault him focusing on issues relevant to primary voters in the states where he is campaigning. Expect him to speak more broadly about race and immigration when the time comes, and look, he is beginning to do just that. I prefer this approach to merely intoning the brave words, "racism bad, immigrants good" to anyone within ear shot.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 17, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Typical Pubbie posted:

If you're criticizing Sanders for having a one-track mind and perhaps engaging in some bad marxist criticism of the capitalist superstructure as it relates to race then I can see that, but his voting record on issues of race and immigration can speak for itself. The guy is focused on building local support in battleground states which happen to be some of the whitest in the country. He is a pragmatist first and I don't fault him focusing on issues relevant to primary voters in the states where he is campaigning.

And then don't be surprised when minorities tune him out as another white guy who thinks he knows best.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Are you trolling? Do you want Sanders to talk about race or not?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

computer parts posted:

And then don't be surprised when minorities tune him out as another white guy who thinks he knows best.

Don't be surprised when 'minorities' do not act like a hegemonic voting bloc

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Typical Pubbie posted:

Are you trolling? Do you want Sanders to talk about race or not?

I'm guessing the statement you quoted was followed up by "so that's why they need a whole bunch of jobs". In other words, it's the same old rhetoric with some different presentation (sound like a familiar description?).

420 Gank Mid posted:

Don't be surprised when 'minorities' do not act like a hegemonic voting bloc

#NotAllMinorities act this way.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Sanders is not saying that the problem of racial inequality can be solved solely with jobs. He's just saying that if elected President he will do what he can to bring jobs to minority communities, which would be really good(?)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Typical Pubbie posted:

Sanders is not saying that the problem of racial inequality can be solved solely with money and jobs. He's just saying that if elected President he will do what he can to bring money and jobs to minority communities, which would be really good(?)

That's fine and good. Using Ferguson as an excuse to plug your jobs program is not, especially if you never once mention police brutality.

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

computer parts posted:

-A post from literally the past 200 years

Miltank posted:

Actually, greater industrialization yielded more jobs until much more recently.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I dunno, I like those old sci-fi stories where "full-time" jobs are like 15 hours a week.

One could argue that we coped with the first wave of systemic unemployment caused by industrialization by shifting the female half of our population out of the workforce. We also kicked kids out of their jobs then ratcheted down hours for the remaining workers to a mere 40 per week.

In cottage industry everyone worked. Parents and children alike. And rather longer hours than 40 with only one day of rest per week.

So massive unemployment did occur and was handled by setting up a One Family One Worker arrangement wherein the worker ( almost always the father ) stopped being part of the families economic team and instead became The Provider/Overlord. Cultural myths ( bio truthers pretending that gathering isn't providing etc ) were created to insist that things had always been this way - but female unemployment was actually a completely new and really weird thing as was absent/Uninvolved fathers. This infantilized women leading to a general loss of respect and social status that eventually sparked the women's liberation movement as a backlash. It also spawned a lot of daddy issues.

If we are going to another such contraction of the job market I vote for a 24 hour work week and a social norm where each parent is expected to work three days per week ensuring that one or the other of them is always home to tend children. Thus more evenly distributing paid work among adults and re-integrating men into the childcare/unpaid work that they used to do in the days of cottage industry.

I would also make a law stating that salaried employees get overtime after their 30th hour regardless of what their salary is. They get it on hour 25 if their salary is below the median.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

computer parts posted:

That's fine and good. Using Ferguson as an excuse to plug your jobs program is not, especially if you never once mention police brutality.

Police brutality is a symptom of economic problems. It's not nazis infiltrating the police, it's a natural human tendency to hate the poor.

If you think white people hate black more than they hate poor people, then you are wrong. I try to explain to those white people that the fact that black people are disproportionately represented among those poor people is a symptom of sadly racist problems (probably just geographic at this point due to the past institutionalized racism in the real estate industry), then they don't want to hear that poo poo.

They only hate poor people. I tell my dad "The fact that you see the name Jakwondo on a resume and you do not immediately throw it in the trash does not mean that racism is over" and he doesn't want to hear it, what a discussion.

What the gently caress candidate do you think is better than Bernie Sanders rofl why is this argument in a Lord Waffle Beard thread you loving nooblords

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Cool Bear posted:

it's a natural human tendency to hate the poor.

Is it?

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

McAlister posted:

but female unemployment was actually a completely new and really weird thing as was absent/Uninvolved fathers. This infantilized women leading to a general loss of respect and social status that eventually sparked the women's liberation movement as a backlash. It also spawned a lot of daddy issues.

Why would women having to deal with failure fathers cause infantilization and daddy issues? I would have guessed that it would cause the opposite effect. Perhaps those effects were always present prior to any issues and are a fundamental feature of many women, and obviously certainly not all of them but perhaps a significant and sexy portion of them.

Yeah I don't know, don't look at me *enthusiastic shrugging*

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cool Bear posted:

If you think white people hate black more than they hate poor people, then you are wrong. I try to explain to those white people that the fact that black people are disproportionately represented among those poor people is a symptom of sadly racist problems (probably just geographic at this point due to the past institutionalized racism in the real estate industry), then they don't want to hear that poo poo.

That's why when you control for class, black people and white people are treated equally.

lol no

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

computer parts posted:

That's why when you control for class, black people and white people are treated equally.

lol no

what context?

edit: whatever you say, it's because of the disproportionate representation among the poor by the minorities. The fact that minorities are more often poor generates prejudices which are often accurate. Poor people have problems that a potential employer needs to worry about.

If a retail store had the option of only hiring wealthy people to be a cashier, then they would do that because they would not steal. Black people are more often poor for reasons beyond the pathetic understanding of a person in charge of hiring for a retail job. Vote communist.

Cool Bear fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 17, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cool Bear posted:

what context?

Incarceration, for one.

(Yes, technically education isn't class but those without high school degrees are probably poor)

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

Cool Bear posted:

Why would women having to deal with failure fathers cause infantilization and daddy issues?

The kids got the daddy issues. Raising boys without men ... how can I be a dad when my dad was to busy working to be involved in my life and I want to do better than that but I'm playing it by ear here ...

The infantilization of the non-working spouse is because dependency is for children. When you put an adult in a situation of one-sides dependency you are infantilizing them.

Hunter gatherer women were completely self sufficient and provided not just for themselves but also for the children. Maternal grandmothers consistently place second to mothers in terms of provisioning children with paternal grandma occasionally popping up in third. But studies of modern tribes show that primitive dad contributes very little food to his offspring and studies show little to no effect on child mortality due to his presence or absence.

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/21225/1/Who_keeps_children_alive_(LSERO).pdf

Man The Provider is a post-industrial phenomena. It's a weird aberration and its on its way out.

Anywho, when we settled down and became farmers we replaced mutual independence among spouses with co-dependence. every job was split into two sub-jobs - these "complimentary" skill sets took two to economically tango. Unmarried people of both genders lived with their parents because a single man or woman was not an economically viable unit. Spouses were business partners in the game of life. Homosexual unions were fiscally impossible because knowledge was passed down mother to daughter and father to son. A homosexual couple would be missing half the skills needed to do whatever job they inherited. Inheriting your job from your parent/teacher also severely limited social mobility.

Then came the industrial revolution and the the nature of marriage changed again. Men returned to a prehistoric independence mode where they could survive just fine with or without a spouse. But women were not similarly liberated and remained dependent on their spouses. So instead of being two people who want each other or two people who need each other it's suddenly became "she needs him but he doesn't need her".

When situations like that exist it isn't a question of if the person in need will be taken advantage of by the person who merely wants. It's a question of how much advantage will be taken. See labor markets and why libertarian ideas about how they work are retarded.

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

District Selectman posted:

I'll bite and go ahead and look dumb with a serious post and say that yes, yes it is. The USSR was the country dreaming big and bold, the US just executed better. That's my hot take folks

I can't say they executed better when the soviets achieved all the important stuff first. America let them do all the heavy lifting and then landed on a lifeless rock. Go team?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Cool Bear posted:

Police brutality is a symptom of economic problems. It's not nazis infiltrating the police, it's a natural human tendency to hate the poor.

It's not, though. Police are more brutal to black people than white people, because racism, which is not just an outgrowth of class problems, is still alive and well in the US.

Edit: And wanting Sanders to be better on race is wanting Sanders to improve. It is not saying other people are 'better'.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bump

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Seconded.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Mods, please change thread title to: goon project -- let's get hillary elected. Goons destroy everything we touch so we can best help Bernie by opposing him. What we need is another goon camp to raise awareness of the Walker campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
There's an election forum now, and it already has too many threads about Bernie.

• Locked thread