Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718547

once again, another forum demonstrates a better way to discuss politics online that D&D, "duhbate and duhscussion", as everyone else calls it when they talk about forums to grandma (probably). while D&D has a 69,420 page thread about which president candidate looks better in a gray suit and other pussyfooting topics, byob gets right to the heart of the matter. think you can hang? then why don't you go post in that thread, or make your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

p.s. this thread is xylo approved

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Exclamation Marx posted:

here's where you can hang: from a lamppost, you forums fascist !

as someone who still has a stickied thread in this subforum, i demand you respect me

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Aliquid posted:

i liked your bfc thread psl it was a Good Job

thank you. unlike that one though, this one is totally serious. well not the "byob is better at politics than d&d part", but more the "d&d people should post in that byob thread (and maybe others too)" part.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

I think the word you're looking for is "chill"

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

if herman cain ever runs again i have it on good authority that rznv will be his campaign song

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

please take all LF discussion to QCS, where Ralp wants it :mrgw:

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

site posted:

Byob sucks

nice. it's immaturity like this that makes d&d the kids' table while the grownups discuss the issues of the day in the chill blue and lavender forum. ever heard of an ad hominem, well guess what buddy go look in a mirror it's you.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

oh my stars and garters :monocle:

i've never seen this phrase before but i like it a lot. maybe d&d isn't so terrible after all.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

please...if you don't have anything respectful to say, just vote this 5 so we can expedite its trip to the goldmine

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

also visit the byob thread by the guy who's a nuclear missile silo operator, and the other threads as well

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

counterpoint

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

this one's extra funny because he tried to appropriate my kids/grownups metaphor but mistakenly identified himself with the wrong side from what i said. it would have been better if he said the kids don't care. it would have been punk as hell.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

lmao that was a good thread

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

do you remember the seven laws of presidents? of course you don't. but we remember. sit and be educated.

pig slut lisa posted:

thank you. now i remember the seven laws of presidents.

1st law of presidents: a president always ends up becoming what he hates most
2nd law of presidents: a president cant say his own name or hes not president anymore
3rd law of presidents: a president must let congress trick or treat at the white house, even if he's mad at them
4th law of presidents: single term presidents have a +2 dexterity bonus and can automatically open a locked chest once per day
5th law of presidents: a president can have anyones dog if he wants
6th law of presidents: a president must practice his viola 30 minutes per day
7th law of presidents: if you catch a president after closing your eyes and counting to 100 you become the new president

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

i'm sure there are more laws for presidents. if you know of one, please come tell us in that thread.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Swan Oat posted:

could i post in byob

oh please do, you'd just love it

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Popular Thug Drink posted:

byob seems pretty dumb, do i at least get reward miles or something to make it worth my while

yes but they're not redeemable on partner forums, so it's not the best loyalty program out there. it can fill a niche though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

XyloJW posted:

I brought back LF last week but it stood for Let's Forecast and it was about posting about the weather.

I think BYOB and D&D are both good forumses.

thanks for the time at the top, and thanks to everyone who stopped by byob

• Locked thread