Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Well that was a missed opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The "Siege/Headshot" of VFK is probably still my favorite EvE memory.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

If they brought them entosis chimeras they whipped up in M-O along with their combined super fleet they could probably get it reinforced but then they'd have to be there til downtime and think about how to gtfo as well.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Endie posted:

I dunno if we are mere minutes from the new thread but if not then send me a note of the new procedure and I'll change the OP in the meantime.

Boy did my phone ever mangle that. Also I was buzzed enough that I didn't notice it.

Tusen Takk posted:

Last I had heard he was was in hospital for a colostomy bag or something like that, so I have no idea :shobon:

Admittedly I haven't played since 2014

It was heart surgery and he came back as Fawlty2.0 before loving off to do whatever down in the dirty south

OAquinas posted:

Wyvern (lol) but yeah. Heard about the fatigue thing.

...do GMs still move your poo poo into a friendly station if you've been gone for a few years?

They do but they recently (quietly) changed the policy re anything with a jump drive: the assumption is that with help you can undock / log in any time and get out. Additional point that others before me haven't made: I don't know how strict they would be if you hadn't played in years and told them you'd just not re-register if they didn't help you tho.

Altran posted:

Exactly my thinking. You play a game for fun, no need to stir up drama all the time...Unless you live for drama, backstabing, and generally be an rear end in a top hat, although EVE advertises of being dark and harsh, but mostly I experienced are just normal people playing an MMO.

On a side note, Eonwe, why out of your little brain, created another EVE thread without this one being locked properly.

Did you actually read the other thread / OP

crew posted:

But did it take years to acquire that loot? The infrastructure that we have in place in Deklein took years to build up. Theres a possibility, a slim one, that we could lose all that in the coming months.

The biggest and most powerful ship in this game is called a Titan. The developer sells an ingame item called plex and codes for it out of game that can be converted to game time or straight up sold on the market.

It is possible to buy enough of these (about $3,000 USD worth) to acquire this ~most powerful ship~ and then lose it by being dumb, inexperienced or betrayed, trapped, etc. Its a little different then "I lost my purple bow that I got from a raid or quest to a gank."

Only about $1,100 now at Imperium prices, plex have gone up a lot.

Foehammer007 posted:

Gevlon is paying 500b to evict hole squad, paging vyst and querns

If you offered the active tower owners in HS a couple bill each they'd probably just take them down to save you the trouble and then you could all laugh at gevlon together

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

If you get alliance tournament prizes cancelled you could do a number on them

:smith:

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Goatman Sacks posted:

Apparently some SMA FC that I've never heard of got kicked for revealing intel in an interview, RIP

I can't view what Intel he gave out at the moment but if it had to do with jump bridges then that is like the lamest call ever made since the enemy is probably well aware of the status of our JB network at any given point in time.

His log dump makes it appear he was canned for dissent. The problem with the log is it is 2nd hand at that point so it is hard to know if that is accurate.

If either or both are the reasons that is not good.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Azuth0667 posted:

Has it been tried with mission runners and incursion runners? No one seems to touch them and I think we're probably one of the only groups that could coordinate it.

Ganking mission runners is easy, far easier than freighter ganking, and dodging ganks as a mission runner is absurdly easy. They easily have the upper hand in this match up.

I think there's a decent amount of one-time isk to be made doing that, but it's hardly something that could sustain a group of people even the size of MiniLuv. Also, gankers are not to be trusted, etc, etc. Also, the even more obvious solution than watching D-Scan and Local is just go somewhere else.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Torpor posted:

I can't view what Intel he gave out at the moment but if it had to do with jump bridges then that is like the lamest call ever made since the enemy is probably well aware of the status of our JB network at any given point in time.

Yeah I mean everyone knows were everyone else's JBs are, it does seem kinda fishy. Then again he's a self-admited :spergin: so he probably got booted for being a smarmy prick.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

Loved the bare towers.

(I ran GSRecon at the time and scouted them myself. The last time I really had fun in Eve)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The allies not looking very cohesive today http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=4070,3694,3688,3695&b=6966333,6966329,6966312,6966276&e=116,116,114,103&t=evveeb&ro=159.88333333333333

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Altran posted:

On a side note, Eonwe, why out of your little brain, created another EVE thread without this one being locked properly.

rude

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Foehammer007 posted:

Gevlon is paying 500b to evict hole squad, paging vyst and querns

This explains so much about where our siggy access went

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Torpor posted:

His log dump makes it appear he was canned for dissent. The problem with the log is it is 2nd hand at that point so it is hard to know if that is accurate.

If either or both are the reasons that is not good.

I am pretty sure even Horde has a public post about what your JB network is. The Pastebin talks about how he said some negative things and weaknesses you guys as a coalition has, and the guy he's talking to was contacted by someone else and told to kick you or whatever. It's pretty weird.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I just got some emails from CCP with an offer to resub: "Still time to reactivate because no one likes to miss a good war". I guess there's some space drama in progress then? Is it a good time to resub?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

InternetJunky posted:

I just got some emails from CCP with an offer to resub: "Still time to reactivate because no one likes to miss a good war". I guess there's some space drama in progress then? Is it a good time to resub?

Goons + Allies (The Imperium, formerly known as the CFC) are being invaded/attacked by a bunch of alliances who have banded together for just the war calling themselves The Money Badger Coalition.

So far CO2 left the CFC to join the attackers.

I did a dumb video simplifying whats going on - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJz4n21gD8

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

crew posted:

They are almost out of convenient and soft targets so we'll see if they wanna put their grindface on

Looks like ~The Allies~ are getting along swimmingly, first cracks, etc.

The most entertaining possible outcome is the allies and goons stop fighting eachother and buttfuck Co2 into nonexistence. It won't happen but it would be funny.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
endie i think you can lock this one now

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

InternetJunky posted:

CCP ringing the horn of goondor themselves.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hollow Talk posted:

I would be very surprised indeed if anybody but perhaps XIX shows anything more than even a passing interest in Vale.

Test has a historic connection to vale. It's literally a region they wanted but could never get.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:siren: NEW THREAD: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770359

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

NEW THREAD AND THINGS

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770359

efb by like 2 seconds god loving drat it :argh:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

i saw before the edit

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Krogort posted:

CCP ringing the horn of goondor themselves.

wouldn't it be blowing?

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Outnumbered and we won the isk war? :drat:

That's hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
I had a good run.

• Locked thread