Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

Endie posted:

A couple of those involved are really good friends so I don't believe that they would lie to me, just ask me not to enquire, so I simply don't believe there was ever a trap.
Does it occur to you that maybe people don't tell you things because it will probably end up in a pastebin

If the CFC loses its space and moves to high sec to pursue mission running, its members will still be able to look at Endie and feel bad for a guy brought so very low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you can be locked out which is better than blowing it up since they have to be able to take it from you to get it back out of mega impound

Asset safety can be used even if the citadel isn't blown up. If they get locked out they can still magic their poo poo to another citadel or npc station.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Eonwe posted:

i guess, I've played games that are full loot before and I've never felt inclined to gently caress people over

Summer children :rolleyes: I remember when you would die in UO and the only thing that was on your corpse when you got to it was a single piece of food. And the only reason that is there is because it's poisoned so you die again if you eat it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Asset safety can be used even if the citadel isn't blown up. If they get locked out they can still magic their poo poo to another citadel or npc station.

oh that's dumb and bad gently caress ccp i want to ban interbus from my poo poo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
then again, almost every guild I've ever played has had goons gently caress other goons over so

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Going gently caress goons demonstrates sound judgment. EVE is special case as no one with sound judgment would play in the first place.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Rhymenoserous posted:

Summer children :rolleyes: I remember when you would die in UO and the only thing that was on your corpse when you got to it was a single piece of food. And the only reason that is there is because it's poisoned so you die again if you eat it.

bank buy guards

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Zakrello posted:

bank buy guards

You somehow forgot "vendor buy" :colbert:
And the last iteration of IPY was the only time I didn't see any goons loving over other goons.

...just Team Liquid wannabes that ended up frothing at the mouth so much they choked and died.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Rhymenoserous posted:

wait... why are there two foehammers.

:shrug:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

i guess, I've played games that are full loot before and I've never felt inclined to gently caress people over

I get that the time investment in EVE is more than even top tier armor or a weapon, but I still couldn't see myself dicking my allies over

But did it take years to acquire that loot? The infrastructure that we have in place in Deklein took years to build up. Theres a possibility, a slim one, that we could lose all that in the coming months.

The biggest and most powerful ship in this game is called a Titan. The developer sells an ingame item called plex and codes for it out of game that can be converted to game time or straight up sold on the market.

It is possible to buy enough of these (about $3,000 USD worth) to acquire this ~most powerful ship~ and then lose it by being dumb, inexperienced or betrayed, trapped, etc. Its a little different then "I lost my purple bow that I got from a raid or quest to a gank."

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

I'm confused. I'm going to need the real foehammer to key up and slap a ham a few times.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Eve does have some funny situations

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

And the whole single shard persistent universe also changes the dynamic because in any other full loot pvp game, if you're not logged in you arent losing anything unless you got a base or land somewhere being conquered.

Here in eve our bases and lands can be conquered or attacked whether anyone is online or not.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Eonwe posted:

its just weird to me

I find friends I want to play with, and there you go

its bizarre to think that people would rather keep their digital spaceships intact and betray people they've played with

The sad truth is that most people in EVE aren't friends, they are friends of convenience. When it's most convenient to be friends with someone else, they'll turn at the drop of a hat.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Honestly, this is what he gets for not picking Mittan's Kittens as the coalition name

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

The Glumslinger posted:

Honestly, this is what he gets for not picking Mittan's Kittens as the coalition name

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

That was the point where he ignored the will of the people and did his own thing, alienating everyone. The beginning of his downfall.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Eonwe posted:

lol, i don't understand why people would turn traitor

for me..like, its a game

if you lose your poo poo then you just get more
It makes for good stories and good gaming.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

oh that's dumb and bad gently caress ccp i want to ban interbus from my poo poo

yeah it's stupid but necessary to have if ccp actually wants anyone to use the drat things

if you think players won't just avoid citadels entirely in lieu of keeping their poo poo in guaranteed safe NPC stations then you're only fooling yourself

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

It's also important to remember that for most people EVE is basically a loving huge game of risk. Sure, you get really pissed off when you had a truce with your buddy but then he backstabs you and breaks your continent bonuses so that the guy you're at war with can kill you easier, but after you're done the game you only give him the silent treatment for an hour or two tops before you're back to being bros.

Of course, there are people that get incredibly emotionally invested in EVE and will actually genuinely feel real life malice towards you because you kicked over their internet sandcastle, but generally they giant flashing "do not interact with me" warning sign is lit well in advance there.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

My theory is that if lots of people quit goons because they want to shoot goons, we will eventually hit a tipping point at which the best way to shoot goons will be to be a goon because more goons will be ex goons than goons are goons.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

CommonShore posted:

My theory is that if lots of people quit goons because they want to shoot goons, we will eventually hit a tipping point at which the best way to shoot goons will be to be a goon because more goons will be ex goons than goons are goons.

goons goons goons goons goons

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ChickenWing posted:

goons goons goons goons goons

Shut up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

The sad truth is that most people in EVE aren't friends, they are friends of convenience. When it's most convenient to be friends with someone else, they'll turn at the drop of a hat.

gross

I'd be friends with you guys

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

its okay you inspired me artisically

i present: /r/eve, the mspaint

isk to chicken wing

(original)

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Maneck posted:

If the CFC loses its space and moves to high sec to pursue mission runningsuicide ganking, its members will still be able to look at Endie and feel bad for a guy brought so very low.

Fixed that for you, but I don't know if I agree with the second part.

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 30, 2016

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
The true goal in space life is to shoot fcon

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ChickenWing posted:

its okay you inspired me artisically

i present: /r/eve, the mspaint

isk to chicken wing

(original)

Kinda. But in my case the logic is why I'm staying goony.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Gevlon is paying 500b to evict hole squad, paging vyst and querns

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Kinda. But in my case the logic is why I'm staying goony.

well yeah

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

does hole squad even live in a hole?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Foehammer007 posted:

take his money and run TIA

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Foehammer007 posted:

100b per active member is pretty good.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Is the following a legitimate log from war room? If so, it's fairly damning to those who claim CO2 wanted to trap Imperium supers and constitutes a fairly sloppy loose end in the creation of the CO2 betrayal narrative.

22:44:37 Sebastien Saintfrusquin: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/jump/Aeon,544/TVN-FM:SH1-6P:F-749O:C8VC-S:Iitanmadan:Saranen
22:44:47 Sebastien Saintfrusquin: I would do a triple jump, no wait on the first day
22:45:03 Sebastien Saintfrusquin: gives 1,5 day of fatigue, gets you to western tribute, one mid away from saranen
22:45:34 Sebastien Saintfrusquin: there is some leeway on the midpoints, C8V is also not mandatory, nearly that entire pocket is good as an endpoint

Of course, anyone can fabricate a log, so one cannot help but wonder if it is real.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

crew posted:

does hole squad even live in a hole?

Nope.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Has a war actually been declared?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I predict a few weeks of poo poo posting madly on reddit then everyone declares victory and fucks off home

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fix Lag posted:

take his money and run TIA

Hes paying it to Hard Knocks, which is essentially an arm of PL which they have ceased trying to hide.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Drythe posted:

Has a war actually been declared?

The Alliance represents a clear and present danger to the sovereign security of the Imperium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Berious posted:

I predict a few weeks of poo poo posting madly on reddit then everyone declares victory and fucks off home

They are almost out of convenient and soft targets so we'll see if they wanna put their grindface on

Looks like ~The Allies~ are getting along swimmingly, first cracks, etc.

• Locked thread