Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Enemu posted:

Today in Holesquad we teamed up with Enigma Project to frag nerds in a C4 off our hole. They got owned. They then got very ornery and killed Foehammer's morale Drake. Today was a good day.

https://zkillboard.com/related/31001602/201506021900/o/%7B%22A%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22B%22%3A%5B%2299001258%22%5D%7D/

Any day on which Foehammer006 dies is a good day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Macnult posted:

I'm a filthy J4G who made a goonfleet account way too soon a while back. Will I run into issues with it if I decide to join Karmafleet?

Well now that you ousted yourself you might

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Hey I may be a bad poster but no one has ever paid $150 for me to not post. That's bad man.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Huge_Midget posted:

Did he permanently win EVE via cocaine overdose or other intoxicant methods?

P sure he actually got married

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

andromache posted:

(6:31:09 PM) directorbot: Greetings space friends. As part of the continuing orgy of joy I have experienced since the purging of BOS was announced, I bring the following glad tidings. Now that the single largest source of Pirate Battleship loss has been shown the door, I have raised the peacetime reimbursement of Barghests, Bhaalgorns, Machariels, Nightmares, Rattlesnakes and Vindicators to 200mil. If you are in Theta and in Goonwaffe, and do the math on Rattlesnakes, you might see a profitable doctrine idea there.

I look forward to seeing who among DickDo, Karmafleet, or Ratpercussus abuses the poo poo out of this first. Oh, also, since SV has managed to go 24 hours without posting in their SA MMO HMO teenage diary, I have restored reimbursement to Syndicate and Outer Ring. Remember, Atrum cares. Talk to me about your feelings.

~~~ This was a broadcast from atrum_veneficus to all at 2015-06-09 23:31:07.736159 EVE ~~~

So far, three people have pm'd me to tell me how happy I made them feel inside. Also namamai pm'd me too... he thinks he's people! Am I doing it right? Growing as a communicator and all?

My Machariel rides again! Hooooo!

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
#unfreeDozer

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

darthzeta88 posted:

So what has Sigma been up to? And is there a small gang blinged out ship Sig?

Still goatfuckers

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
One time in the old rear end industrialcraft server someone went up to boats nuclear reactor and took all the coolant out of it and made it go critical or whatever and blew his entire base up and someone blamed me for it. that was pretty funny.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
What do I have to donate to Bernie Sanders to shut you the gently caress up, again?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
No, yeah sorry Orange Juche, I was talking about Enowe. And lol block button is cheaper than that, never mind.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
filthy j4gs

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Eonwe posted:

you shouldnt brag about blocking people

And you shouldn't be giving posting tips

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Are people referring to smoking poo poo as "slow cooking" or are we exclusively talking crock pot type poo poo? because if you morons think either of those ruin the flavor please remove yourself from the gene pool, tia.

edit: has anyone ever smoked or done anything other than stew with meat "from animals you gotta eat cause you shot" like rabbit and squirrel and such? I'll eat squirrel stew even though its not what id call tasty, but is there a way to make it taste good? PS wild quail is the poo poo.

edit2 to make this eve applicable: who is Globby, I have seen people mentioning that and I just thought it was shortened Gevlon Globlin or whatever his name is, are these 2 different people? If so, who is globby?

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 18, 2015

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

ullerrm posted:

It doesn't affect it at all, AFAIK, because your worm doesn't have DDAs on it.

Mine is a blaster worm son.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I assure you I'm not reading those words but I know I'm offended by them

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Kula Kain

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Xolve posted:

We'll see, ask me when I get back from Vacation in 10 days.

I'm not playing EVE in any serious capacity ever again, so I don't really care.

Gimme some isk

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Feroxfleet should be called Willie Dees. Someone make this happen.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Anderron Shi posted:

drat i thought you'd be more open to the idea now
Only works for me, scrub.

Anderron Shi posted:

I left BL yesterday
Did I say scrub? I meant scum. Little late getting off that bandwagon, huh?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

chimera

dont be the bitchmade BITCH that trains armor caps in TYOOL 2015

As a man with 5 archons and 1 chimera, I'm buying chimera and wish I had made the right decision and listened to tiberizzle and gotten chimera. Don't be me

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

ullerrm posted:

This post from two months ago explains why armor used to be the default:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718615&pagenumber=37&perpage=40#post445480240

Why it changed: DDAs + reduced CPU needed to run shield transfers on chimera

From that post, is the Nag not shield? I thought it was but I've been super wrong about a lot of things and the channel was getting a kick out of my jizzing myself after they told me to check the prices of Faction BSes. Got a Mach and Nightmare (this was on accident because someone ask the price nad didn't realize I was still looking at the NM when I hit buy so now i have to do something with it I guess), as well as a DPS phobos and me and Ted got anti-support legions. :getin:

ALSO IT HAPPENED!!!!!

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

CashEnsign posted:

Wait, are Hels actually viable in TYOOL 2015?

When Phoebe was announced, I started winning again again just after it was announced but before it was implemented, the talk of nano Hels was endless.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Filling my jf up with other people's poo poo when I'm making a Jita run and wouldn't have been full is kinda the only good karma I got going for me.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Wait, so you'll plex, my freighter/market alt?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Lol no wonder the group who fields a loving eagle doctrine is having to firesale their poo poo

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Worldshatter posted:

At least it's better than that random KarmaFleet guy who tried to change the fatbee.

Speaking of changing the fatbee, I think this must have been after Goonfleet got stolen and we reformed as GSF, someone at CCP got their panties in a bunch because they thought it was like a Nazi helmet or something and tried to make us change it. The mail mittens sent to CCP in response was one of the funniest things I've ever read.
I'm trying to find it but Google is all poo poo up with TMC "Open Letters to CCP" and some on the official forums (lol top result: a letter to mittens condemning him as a cyberbully in re: fanfest). I just remember gratuitous use of the word "Picklehauser" or something like that, really want to read that letter again, perhaps its on the wiki hidden in the history section somewhere.

PS since there's some genuine newbies posting in the thread, if you're bored at work or something I suggest you go into the history section and read some of the articles in there. Most the spaceship knowledge is outdated and useless but some of it is genuinely pretty drat funny, and it'll also give you a sense of how loving stupid some of the poo poo :ccp: has done is.

EDIT: The GF Politics section on the wiki rather.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Enemu posted:

For all newbees CCP is, shockingly, a much more competent company now than they used to be. Be thankful that Aegis doesn't delete boot.ini :ccp:

Holy poo poo, I always thought that one was just ironic/hyperbole. That was real?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

Someone post the gm sunshine incident.

GM Sunshine > Good evening

Remedial > Hi there, what's up

GM Sunshine > We have been recieving several petitions regarding your members spamming local during combat

GM Sunshine > and we would like you to stop this this instant

Remedial > Totally false. We only fofofo one line each, and only after we win a battle

GM Sunshine > regardless

Remedial > If you check the chatlogs compared to LV killmails, you'll see that I am telling the truth

GM Sunshine > stop this

Remedial > I also don't control every single goon in GoonSwarm. I typed fofofo and then everybody else did

GM Sunshine > you are there figure head and leader, if you are unable to get them to do stop this, then who is?

Remedial > Well, you could always go to the offenders and talk to them personally rather than holding me accountable every time a goonswarm member gets petitioned

Remedial > I mean, I just love having a GM tell me to stop 2500 different players from performing an action

Remedial > But it's pretty much beyond my control. I don't even have a mic on TS right now

Remedial > Really you should probably just delete local entirely, as that's clearly why LV is losing the war in Detorid

GM Sunshine > local chat and LV's ability is not up for discussion here, your members behaviour is

GM Sunshine > let's stick to that

Remedial > Ok: you are a GM, I'm some fat guy on the internet in charge of a SPACE GUILD. I think you should go to people who break rules and bust their balls, not mine. I don't get to enforce rules because you know, fat guy on the internet.

Remedial > So when somebody renames a station to DEAD FAGGOTS or somebody screams "SMOSKE SUCKS" in #BobChat or somebody spams local with Fofofo, I really shouldn't be the person you convo.

GM Sunshine > you may not run the internet, but for all intents and purposes, you run Goonswarm

Remedial > Ok, I'll post a thread telling people not to spam fofofo on Eve-O.

GM Sunshine > how you get your members to stop this is not my concern, just do it

Remedial > Ok, so if "my guys" keep doing it, does that mean you're going to ban my account for non-compliance with an impossible order?

Remedial > Or will you just start gagging offenders in local so they can't spam

Remedial > PS voting option #2

GM Sunshine > I will not warn you for this in any way or form

GM Sunshine > regardless if you do comply this time or not

Remedial > Living up to your name every day, sweetcheeks!

GM Sunshine > but your actions will affect future decisions

Remedial > I'd like to elevate this complaint please

Remedial > Can I talk to your manager?

Remedial > Is he wearing a nametag?

Remedial > Or like a special hat or something

GM Sunshine > you can file a petition

Remedial > Should I file it under stuck?

GM Sunshine > you can do that

Remedial > I love you GM Sunshine, you're my favorite GM in this chatroom

GM Sunshine > considering I'm the only GM in here, I'll take that with a pinch of salt

Remedial > /emote takes off his shirt.

Remedial > 16/m/FL

Remedial > u??

GM Sunshine > Immortal, male, Game masters

Remedial > /emote puts on his robe and wizard hatt.

Remedial > /emote massages ur master.

Remedial > OH GOD BEES BEES GET THEM OFF

GM Sunshine then had words for Local, but so did the Goons.

[02:41:20] GM Sunshine > Good evening folks
[02:41:27] Brick Bossload > o/
[02:41:28] Agmar > hello mr shine
[02:41:33] Variso Ageo > \o GM!
[02:41:36] Agmar > remedial did it
[02:41:42] K'Bar > lol
[02:41:55] Agmar > he is selling GTCs in local
[02:41:55] Cthub > you are my sunshine... myonly sunshine.. when you arn't happy .. my skies are grey.. :P
[02:42:03] Variso Ageo > can we put in a feature request for a card game that we could play in local during these "downtimes"
[02:42:18] GM Sunshine > We seem to be getting a few complaints from this system regarding local
[02:42:44] Brick Bossload > ya some ppl are trying to say that james bond is better than mcgayver
[02:42:45] GM Sunshine > and quite possibly its abnormal usage
[02:43:09] demogod > well plz get LV guys to stop
[02:43:10] Variso Ageo > goons are gonna get their wrist slapped!!! bad, bad boys.
[02:43:12] K'Bar > ok everyone who doesnt live has to leave
[02:43:36] K'Bar > looks like we r now closed for business
[02:43:42] demogod > ok so LV go then
[02:43:56] Agmar > please define abnormal usage
[02:43:57] Variso Ageo > sunshine: it was annoying, but the goon players only did it for a minute or so.
[02:44:02] Remedial > Remedial > /emote takes off his shirt.
Remedial > 16/m/FL
Remedial > u??
GM Sunshine > Immortal, male, Game masters
[02:44:08] Agmar > ohhh.... fofo
[02:44:55] GM Sunshine > For now there will not be any warnings
[02:44:57] Remedial > Goons please don't fofofo anymore as you're causing LV to lose the war
[02:45:00] GM Sunshine > but...
[02:45:07] Nweilin Ng > oh noes, GM
[02:45:22] Nova Cygni > fofofofofo
[02:45:24] Magere > fofofofofo
[02:45:26] Althera > fofofo
[02:45:26] Kerevar > fofofofofofofo
[02:45:26] Stradiot > fofofo
[02:45:28] Eyud > fofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofof
[02:45:28] Hotokhe > fofofo
[02:45:29] Vera Nosfyu > fofofo
[02:45:30] Contez > fofofofo
[02:45:30] Zinrix > fofofo
[02:45:31] Arthur Miller > fofofofoof
[02:45:32] Ilarra > fofofofofofo
[02:45:32] Arthenis > fofofofo
[02:45:32] Woobins > fofofofofofo
[02:45:32] SPACE BEEZ > foofoofo
[02:45:32] Psyyke > fofofofoof
[02:45:33] Ilucid > fofofo
[02:45:34] Innominate > fofofo
[02:45:34] Margaret Houlihan > fofofo
[02:45:34] FreeOJ > fofofofofofo
[02:45:34] Captain Tabouli > fofofo
[02:45:34] Bane Glorious > NOOOOO
[02:45:34] SPACE BEEZ > foofofo
[02:45:34] SamHandwich > fofofofofoof
[02:45:34] Enormus > fofofof
[02:45:35] Von Kleist > fofofofofofo
[02:45:35] Saldio Banderas > fofofo
[02:45:35] RedhawkMillionaire > fofofofofofo
[02:45:35] Monopthalmus > fofofo
[02:45:36] Vintage Uno > fofofof
[02:45:36] Johanen > fofofofofofofofo
[02:45:36] Svaha Norbu > fofofofo
[02:45:36] HydroSan > fofofo
[02:45:36] Pyrosquee > fofofof
[02:45:37] inferno sun > fofofofo
[02:45:37] The StrayDawg > fofofofof
[02:45:37] General Brusilov > fofofo
[02:45:37] Habe Quiddam > fofofo
[02:45:37] Scavok > fofofofoffo
[02:45:37] ShadowImage > fofofo
[02:45:39] Sherkaner Lumpen > fofofofo
[02:45:40] Zarimax Mishka > fofofofofofo
[02:45:40] Sporadicus Hue > fofofo
[02:45:40] Darkxray > fofofofofof
[02:45:40] Ska La > fofofof
[02:45:41] Ianaa > fofoofofo
[02:45:41] Tandrea Lei > fofofofofo
[02:45:44] Eronarn Palazzo > fofofofofofofofofofo
[02:45:44] Brick Bossload > let the record stand that mcgaver is would kick the crap outta james bond any day
[02:45:48] Remedial > NO DONT WHAT HAVE YOU DONe
[02:45:49] Agmar > you're a pretty professional leader Remedial
[02:45:51] Crivens > goons and their' lagspoilts
[02:45:53] Remedial > STOP STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP
[02:45:56] Variso Ageo > Remedial: it's when your team loses carriers and keeps coming that I'm worried about the war.
[02:46:17] K'Bar > ok guys lets chill man its only a game
[02:46:20] Swirler > omg! I am lagging so bad now!!! stop that!!
[02:46:26] GM Sunshine > I will only ask this once Goons
[02:46:29] Gramtar > haha another LV pos just went BOOM!
[02:46:42] Brick Bossload > cya pos
[02:46:42] GM Sunshine > stop spamming local like you did just now
[02:47:03] demogod > -(
[02:47:03] Variso Ageo > I think that might stand as the absolute stupidest thing I have seen in local to date.
[02:47:12] Nweilin Ng > lol agreed
[02:47:17] Darus Xarin > can we petition every enemy player that talks in local for spamming? because i'm annoyed by it quite often
[02:47:19] Fry Fortune > variso, be gentle on GM sunshine
[02:47:23] Lavanyaa > Discounting mindless LV drivel?
[02:47:25] Variso Ageo > Congratulations goons!
[02:47:34] Kank II > <3
[02:47:38] Nweilin Ng > err.. what's wrong with chatting in local, it's a chat channel after all lava
[02:47:48] Agmar > Remedial, you are a horribly professional Alliance head
[02:48:07] Variso Ageo > Fry: I haven't asked, but I suspect that sunshine and I are in close agreement on the recent spamming demonstration.
[02:48:18] Variso Ageo > Whole new levels of dumb.
[02:48:34] Remedial > T H E K E Y
[02:48:37] K'Bar > chill fellas
[02:48:39] demogod > turn key-)
[02:48:41] Darus Xarin > you know, if there is something on local you don't like then you just minimize
[02:48:43] Agmar > TEH KEY?
[02:48:51] Remedial > B U R K E Y
[02:49:00] Agmar > haha.... well met sir!

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
[02:46:42] GM Sunshine > stop spamming local like you did just now

He was the only one who didn't know exactly what was coming when he ask us to stop the fofofo

EDIT: them, I wasn't there

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

I can be bribed to play this game again if someone buys me a titan, since I had a character just about ready for one last I played but taking the time to actually raise the money myself was :effort:

I promise I'd lose it in traditional hilarious goon fashion. On a gate or something. Maybe trying to forcefully dock it at a station. I'll think of something good.

Supers on gates and stations isn't remotely the retard death trap it used to be.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Fighting Russians never gets old.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

This guy knows. Without am0k what is even GSF

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

scandoslav posted:

Since the cat's out of the bag I might as well reveal it here:

Progod is joining whole squid.

He liked our videos. :3:

Foehammer007 posted:

who's that nobody

I'm disappointed in you Foehammer

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729768#post447455404

That's right, TEST gave us a Russian Seperatist A/T thread.

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 12, 2015

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Is that the guy making the "soon to be a real game" game Start Citizen?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Lucky bastards...

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Though to be fair, if I just shoot Karmafleet anyway then why shouldn't I shoot FCON anyway. Thank you for the tip, Dickdozer

Edit: I forgot the link, https://zkillboard.com/kill/47496624/

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

As funny as that would be, no. This is a Catpiss Everdeen situation.

Look who posted the mail and the answer of who ended up with that particular prize will be revealed!

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
gently caress that loving rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
That idea sucks.

• Locked thread