Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

Never play this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

It could kill the revenue stream, shutter CCP, and finally set us all free :toot:

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Sounds like someone missed out on the Battlecruisers V gravy train.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Internet-detectiving your way to avenging your deleted shitposts isn't exactly what I'd call "loving important".

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Caryna posted:

You're wrong and a GREAT GUY.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

CashEnsign posted:

So which term came first awox or doxx? Awox is an Eve specific term named after someone's toon. Doxx is more universal and most of the internet is familiar with the term. I learned about awoxing long before I learned about doxxing, but I doubt internet culture borrowed it from Eve to make doxxing.

Despite that they both have radically cool x's, they're unrelated. You've got the origin of 'awox' right; 'doxx' is short for 'documents' as in 'post documents about someone'.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

CashEnsign posted:

This is the eve online version of Runescape's "please don't make skills easier, think of the 99s." How dare you undermine the value of my poopsocking.

Except even worse, because no effort was expended. This isn't about poopsocking, it's about seniority.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Eonwe posted:

also that Xenuria guy seems kind of like a messed up person, why would you guys want him in your video game guild

From what I understand everyone just gave up saying 'no' to him after half a decade of begging and publicity stunts, and are doubling down on the irony to pretend that's not what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

Holy poo poo its :eonwe: . Who gave you that av, and better yet, who loving kept an archive of that av? That was made at least a year ago?

The internet knows all.

• Locked thread