Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
street fighter is the funniest to watch imo.

p4a can get super hype as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ive tried watching street fighter 4 several times and i just always get bored.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

beneath the two buff men throwing energy balls controlled by two out of shape asians, there is a deep game of mental chess going on that none but the most trained can see taking place

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mango gay touchies posted:

beneath the two buff men throwing energy balls controlled by two out of shape asians, there is a deep game of mental chess going on that none but the most trained can see taking place

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There is nothing like watching two extremely talented SF players engaged in an extended zoning battle

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

mango gay touchies posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I like Street Fighter the most even though I'm only average at best with a few characters. MKX is a weird one to have on there because it's fun but it's really a very basic game that's fun to gently caress around with when you have friends that don't play fighting games since you can pick up on the moves in a few minutes of playing.

Smash is cool too, and I'll probably watch some of that just to wrap my head around why I'm so terrible at it.

MKX doesn't make sense at a high level because f the way combos are confirmed. Every character has one combo string that dishes out maximum damage, ~45%, and you either land it or you don't based on whether or not it's blocked at the start. So after trying to get in and land the combo, if it fails, both people just reset positions and try again. The lack of mobility coupled with X-rays being cutscenes you have to sit through every so often make watching it really boring and there's no variety in the matches at all

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

MKX doesn't make sense at a high level because f the way combos are confirmed. Every character has one combo string that dishes out maximum damage, ~45%, and you either land it or you don't based on whether or not it's blocked at the start. So after trying to get in and land the combo, if it fails, both people just reset positions and try again. The lack of mobility coupled with X-rays being cutscenes you have to sit through every so often make watching it really boring and there's no variety in the matches at all

lol

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In evo related news, xrd will be using the 1.1 balance patch that dropped today for NA consoles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't that patch come out a month ago in Japan

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Didn't that patch come out a month ago in Japan

Yeah, for arcades

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

The US never has a chance of becoming more than just the land of the free when it comes to arcsys games so it doesn't even matter really

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

that sucks. i enjoyed what i played of mk9 and i was hoping mkx would be better

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
i like watching smash because i can usually tell whats going on

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

do tourney players use xrays? i know in 9 everyone just saved their meter for counters

i dont know anything about x

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

There is nothing like watching two extremely talented SF players engaged in an extended Decapre mirror match

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

do tourney players use xrays? i know in 9 everyone just saved their meter for counters

i dont know anything about x

they were at the Northwest Regionals or whatever tourney that was 2 weeks ago I was watching. Only if it was to confirm a win and they had built up meter (match wins or desperate round wins)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

they were at the Northwest Regionals or whatever tourney that was 2 weeks ago I was watching. Only if it was to confirm a win and they had built up meter (match wins or desperate round wins)

that makes sense

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

wish theyd stop playing gay hit like marvel mortal kombat and killer instinct

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

bring back kof and melty blood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The "listening to Texas UNIEL regionals tournament through one ear bud at my desk" HYPE!

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Swelter Discharge posted:

this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No KOF is a loving travesty

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i refuse to believe anyone actually likes ki

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think the developers even like KI.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Approximate attendance at the UNIEL bracket: 2

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
kof is ok

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i agree

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

elf help book posted:

i refuse to believe anyone actually likes ki

yeah why would someone like the best current fighting game made by the masterminds behind Silent Hill Homecoming, Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters, and Battleship?

:rolleyes::fh:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

wish theyd stop playing gay hit like marvel mortal kombat and killer instinct

Killer instinct at evo...lmfao

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

This

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
No KoF? That's a bummer. Second favorite thing to watch, after SF.

Tekken 7 had better justify itself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Persona 4 Arena tourney, burrito and a big beer. 69 days to Evo!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BlazBlue is 40 minutes over schedule and Idgaf about this game.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

is there a consensus on whether or not BBCP:EX ruined everything

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It did

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sounds like a consensus

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

alright then, good teamwork everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't really BlazBlue at all. I like other ArcSys games but I think blaze blu is really ugly and that's enough to make me not want to play

• Locked thread