Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Once the EA servers are no more, what will you do with your copy of NCAA?
This poll is closed.
Sell it. 0 0%
Give it away as a X-mas to a rivaling sibling. 0 0%
Burn it. 0 0%
Place it in a tropy case similar to the Heisman's. 2 66.67%
Mail it to EA's doorstep. 1 33.33%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I don't really see how I already did my visit (unless its this week), and I'm a solid 1400 points behind unless the web interface is lying. Which I wouldn't put past EA SPORTS.

According to EA your visit was last week and gained you 1345 points. You are now only 35 points behind and your weekly bonus is worth 70 more points than mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Diodeous posted:

YO WHICH HOTEL SHOULD WE USE IN SUNNY GALVESTON FOR OUR UPCOMING IRL NCAA TOURNAMENT

OH poo poo WE NEED TO ROLL UP AND loving CRUSH SOME INTERNET POSERS.

WHO IS MAKING OUR TEAM SHIRT!?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Galveston, TX? I've already won a tournament for a small grill and a free copy of the game.

I'll be down to take home the title of a nice car.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
put me on ap this week. I just broke my thumb so i cant play but fortunately im out of all the races so this game doesnt matter.

Be gentle dubious

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

put me on ap this week. I just broke my thumb so i cant play but fortunately im out of all the races so this game doesnt matter.

Be gentle dubious

That blows. Was really hoping you two would duke it out.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Slywalker13 posted:

Be gentle dubious

ah dang, i was looking forward to our rematch.

i'll knock it out tonight. gonna just get a couple scores and sim the rest or play freshmen.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Sly, I went easy and got picked off twice on promising drives. I simmed D and got 2:15 to drive for a game winner down 24-27. I scored the game winning TD with 9 seconds left.

JB, schedule Sly and I early in season 7. His CPU put up a fight, which would have went anywhere in a user game.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
haha my CPU team plays better than I do. My QB is in the heisman race entirely through sims. Still couldn't beat penn state in a sim though...

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The rivalry between UCLA and USC is locked.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I played my game yesterday, that should put us close to being r2a

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Diodeous posted:

I played my game yesterday, that should put us close to being r2a

we actually are R2A, everyone has their game in except Wreckus A Leftus

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We've advanced

The only game that matters this week is THE GAME: #2 OSU @ #4 Michigan

Everyone else excluding UCLA has a COU game.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
ZSB, when is good for you?

My schedule is going to be a little tough from now til next week with my move coming up. I'll definitely have times between today and Wednesday to play, but I don't know for sure which times will be best. If you can hit me up on GroupMe when you're around, it might be a good time for me - that might be the best way to schedule it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Couldn't get the last stop I needed despite a few chances to do so. GG Cletus, enjoy the B1G title game. ORLANDO HERE I COME!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan with the big win finally in THE GAME again, downing Ohio State 49-45.

Looked like Michigan had the game in hand, getting a KR TD in the 1st half, and starting the 2nd half with another to make it 35-21, but Ohio State ended up taking the lead 45-42 leaving only 50 seconds in the game. Michigan was able to make it down the field and score on a 2 yard run leaving 18 seconds left, and Ohio State threw a pick on the following rushed drive with no time left to end the game.

Wild game. GG ZSB!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Two red zone INTs in the first quarter killed me. Plus the turnover on downs at the goal line. I had plenty of offense, just failed to score properly. Oh well onto next year it was a good game, really tense. Also sucked when my LB dropped an easy pick early in your final drive that prb would have sealed the deal for me. I could not get any pressure on your QB which just ruins my entire game plan. You oline won vs my dline in pass rush situations (rushing I did fine on more or less).

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 13, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Sly and Dio, you guys have until Thursday night to play your CPU games.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I tried to play Rutgers last night and their defense was unstoppable, so I quit. If I gotta take a sim, so be it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I tried to play Rutgers last night and their defense was unstoppable, so I quit. If I gotta take a sim, so be it.

Could you knock it out by noon on Friday?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

If I have time I'll try again this evening, but it's unlikely. Don't hold it up on account of me. This was a lost season for me anyhow

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Championship Week!

#1 Nebraska vs #2 Michigan

Not only did OSU drop to #6, but undefeated Northern Illinois is now ranked #3. If I lose may the chaos ensue.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Championship Week!

#1 Nebraska vs #2 Michigan

Not only did OSU drop to #6, but undefeated Northern Illinois is now ranked #3. If I lose may the chaos ensue.

My chances of taking the BCS bid from the loser of your title game is enticing...

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Michigan puts up a valiant effort in a 59-40? defeat to Nebraska. Mackey did his thing as did the entire cornhusker offense.

We're at Bowl Season

Dubious, it's you and I for all the marbles.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Dubious, it's you and I for all the marbles.

Oh god. Our last game was so bad, my entire team went straight up bellyflop. I still don't get it because I am not poo poo at Internet Football(tm)

when is good to play?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Welp I knew when I saw UCLA ahead of me that there was no chance I'd steal a BCS bid. I'm sure I'm in Orlando lol.

Although I'm sure JB is glad he dodged me in the title game since I'm in yo head mang. At least I'm guaranteed a top 2 finish :smug:

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 20, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I wanted to kick your rear end so bad it was too good to be true.

This ain't Miami, son.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Well that was certainly a BCS match.

We both played pretty drat solid in the first half, except for the opening kickoff return i allowed for a score, and we went to the end of the first half with me up 17-14.

Second half, my inability to run the ball at all against JB's ridiculous front 7 keeps me one dimensional with 3 INTs and I never score again. Only reason this game wasn't a blowout was my pass defense coming up clutch, forcing a couple punts, a four and out, and picking him off the end zone twice on some well baited zone calls.

All my efforts to score in the second half ended on my line getting blown up and eating a ton of sacks, or really awful picks. That sack in the end zone for a safety was probably the worst, as my guys got blown up in less than a second.

Nebraska gets the W 30-17.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm going to be out of commission for a few days. I'm moving tomorrow and then I have to bus back and get my car on Monday, so I'll probably be away from the game until Tuesday or Wednesday.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I'm going to be out of commission for a few days. I'm moving tomorrow and then I have to bus back and get my car on Monday, so I'll probably be away from the game until Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'll make sure we don't move past the first step of the offseason without you. You've been a solid player and always communicate your availability.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll still try to do what I can via the web and my phone.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a. Played it tight with Georgia, winning 35-28. Both first drives by each team was a KR TD. Then I mass subbed to start the 2nd half when I went up by a TD, but UGA was no joke, and tied it up somewhere pretty close to the end of the game. So I subbed back in my starters to finish off the last drive and win the game. (I really don't like restarting games, luckily these days rarely have to against the CPU, but I was worried on this one - of course if I had kept my starters in the whole way I doubt it would have been a problem)

Should have another great recruiting class, but looks like those of us who were all ranked 1-4 are all continuing to recruit well (and I can't imagine that will stop), so I think it's going to still be a rocky road to another NC for Michigan.

JB, who are the season winners across the life of this dynasty?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I learned by doing a couple offline seasons with Minnesota I've been recruiting wrong this entire time, and look forward to the fresh recruiting board in the offseason.

This season owned, I did not think I would make the BCS.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

That is a very good question. From mere speculation I would say...

Season 1 - OSU
Season 2 - Michigan
Season 3 - Nebraska
Season 4 - Michigan St???
Season 5 - OSU
Season 6 - Nebraska

This is for the BCSCG winners. I've lost two championship games iirc.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

That is a very good question. From mere speculation I would say...

Season 1 - OSU
Season 2 - Michigan
Season 3 - Nebraska
Season 4 - Michigan St???
Season 5 - OSU
Season 6 - Nebraska

This is for the BCSCG winners. I've lost two championship games iirc.
I'm pretty sure I won either Season 3 or 4 but I could be wrong - I won the season where you didn't make it to the CCG but you beat me during the regular season. I can't imagine I won Season 2 unless I'm forgetting that this was a reboot, because I think it was Season 3 when my recruiting started getting insane (that first week where I had like 8 5* commits or something ridiculous).

USC hasn't won before? I thought it was either all OSU/Nebraska wins with 1 Michigan win, or the same but also with 1 USC win.

This is why I'm keeping track in my OPs. Now that the drat website is jacked slightly, can't get the stories from previous seasons.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Oh - here we go.

Season 1 - Wisconsin (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3628490#post428761761)

Season 2 - USC (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654341&pagenumber=1#post432904795)

Season 3 - Michigan (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654341&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post436596436)

Season 4 - Nebraska (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677748&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post439978522)

Season 5 - OSU (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695358&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post443970288)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Oh wow I was off lol. I forgot all about Wisconsin.

Wasn't that Der Juicen? :(

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Oh wow I was off lol. I forgot all about Wisconsin.

Wasn't that Der Juicen? :(

It was truly his golden moment I'm p sure. My first season with this team sucked poo poo man 3 losses. This recruiting cycle is gonna pay dividends in a season or two though provided we last that long!

At least I cleaned up in the awards season with my guys this year even if I fell just short. Home field advantage has mattered a lot in THE GAME so far in this dynasty.

e2: Pulled out the 31-17 win despite some foolish errant throws. I realized I've played every bowl game but maybe my BCS title game in Florida. I am now a 3 time Capitol One Bowl Champ :smith:

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jul 26, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Players Leaving for 24hrs

Dio, your squad beat Iowa State in your bowl game. I screwed up and advanced too far so I can't do a full recap, but I believe the OSU HB won the Heisman, Walter, and Maxwell. Michigan's Mackey kept the award in the family, but I'm not sure who won the Lombardi and Nagurski. Nebraska took home the O'Brien, Best LB, Outland, Thorpe, Best Returner, and Rimington.

Final Rankings:
#1 Nebraska
#2 OSU
#4 Michigan
#5 USC
#6 UCLA
#8 Mich St
#11 Penn St

Final Team Stats
Best Offense: Nebraska
Best Defense: Nebraska
Best Passing Offense: Michigan
Best Rushing D: Nebraska
Best Scoring Offense: Nebraska
Best Scoring Defense: Nebraska
Most Sacks: Nebraska
Most Picks: Nebraska
Most Turnovers: Michigan

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a.

Luckily able to convince everyone that I could to stay - including Mackey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I know for a fact OSU DE Nichols took home most of the defensive awards; Nagurski, Lombardi, and at least 1 other. OSU HB Won almost all the Offensive Awards minus the obrien for QBs. Had the best players, but not the best team.

• Locked thread