Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Once the EA servers are no more, what will you do with your copy of NCAA?
This poll is closed.
Sell it. 0 0%
Give it away as a X-mas to a rivaling sibling. 0 0%
Burn it. 0 0%
Place it in a tropy case similar to the Heisman's. 2 66.67%
Mail it to EA's doorstep. 1 33.33%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I know for a fact OSU DE Nichols took home most of the defensive awards; Nagurski, Lombardi, and at least 1 other. OSU HB Won almost all the Offensive Awards minus the obrien for QBs. Had the best players, but not the best team.

I really don't know how you beat my HB. The TDs seems to add way more credibility than yards and YPC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Most Turnovers: Michigan

lol how did I ~not~ win this? Cletus threw more INTs than I did?

Which, the number of INTs I threw this year, was insane. I never turn it over that much. In the Drunk Dynasty I've thrown something like 6 or 7 all year.

E: R2A, convinced my Junior QB, DT and ROLB to stay. I lost my 53 ovr FB, oh no I'm so sad.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 27, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

lol how did I ~not~ win this? Cletus threw more INTs than I did?

Which, the number of INTs I threw this year, was insane. I never turn it over that much. In the Drunk Dynasty I've thrown something like 6 or 7 all year.

E: R2A, convinced my Junior QB, DT and ROLB to stay. I lost my 53 ovr FB, oh no I'm so sad.

*Most Forced Turnovers.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Offseason Recruiting. You have 24hrs unless everyone is ready beforehand.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Wow totally goofed on players leaving, oh well!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wow totally goofed on players leaving, oh well!

gently caress. I figured you'd surely done it since you were online last night :(

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

gently caress. I figured you'd surely done it since you were online last night :(

I should have its all good man. Team will be fine.

More importantly I landed a full loaded DC so this next team should be to my liking.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Position Changes

We'll stay here until tomorrow night.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Michigan r2a

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

JB are you still gonna play in the ACC with your #2 ranked Miami Hurricanes or are you actually bowing out now that we are going full round robin?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

JB are you still gonna play in the ACC with your #2 ranked Miami Hurricanes or are you actually bowing out now that we are going full round robin?

I just don't have the time, man. If one of the other leagues falls apart I'd come back.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I just don't have the time, man. If one of the other leagues falls apart I'd come back.

I think you've amassed enough good will to float on AP like the Capn. It'll be there when you get the ITCH.

I also remembered that my Oline is perlously thin, but I have a ton of WRs now!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Cut Players

We'll advance in 24 hrs.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

OSU R2A. Defensive recruiting incoming.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

R2a. My team looks decent this year. No QB slower than 84 SPD and I've got a monster HB rotation

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It ain't about speed homie.

As long as my QB is 80SPD I can move around in the pocket. There's nothing like watching you noobs dive at me and miss.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
I know it's mostly everyone in the same dynasties here but I'll throw it on here too. I'm back from a month hiatus that saw me move across the country. But I have internet all hooked up now and ready to roll.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

e: SPD & ACC go together I personally think ACC is more important to the usefulness of a player.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Look, I'm just trying to say I got a stable of QBs who can tear rear end. They all got good ACC too

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

It is beyond brutal that the roster cap is set at 70 not 85. It makes the 25 recruits per cycle almost pointless, and it also makes building depth next to impossible at key spots. You'll sign a million WRs, but you'll never find enough LBs, Linemen or safeties to keep a healthy # on your roster.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I think the worst part is you really can't get away with under 6 WRs or you get hosed by injuries, so you're forced to overload at QB, WR, HB because of the positional value and the lack of other players who can do those roles well if you don't recruit athletes

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The only league in which I've been plagued with injuries the SEC. I've done great with this squad and stacked at all positions.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Redshirt & Recruiting until Sunday night

In the meantime I'll work on schedules and a new thread.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Time to redshirt my sexy freshman QB.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
UNC r2a. I have literally never seen a board like this to start. Cletus will somehow still out recruit me but the caliber of recruits and how highly they have me ranked is unprecedented. And about half the guys that want me don't have any other BigTen schools on the list (ACC for some reason, not PAC). Why can't I get this kind of board in the ACC dynasty :saddowns:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

These recruits love Michigan even though I'm the one who won the BCSCG and won the most awards.

Reminder: Back the gently caress off of UCLA recruits. If you disagree leave the dynasty and rejoin to truly experience how hard it is to recruit against players and high-level CPU coaches.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Aug 1, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Reminder: Back the gently caress off of UCLA recruits. If you disagree leave the dynasty and rejoin to truly experience how hard it is to recruit against players and high-level CPU coaches.
Michigan r2a, but I'm going back to check on UCLA - I'm pretty sure I avoided them because he was ahead of me already on the guys I would have wanted.

I forget, if he's #3 or lower and I'm #1, should I immediately back off? If not, and it's a position you need Dubs, let me know and I will (unless I really need that position - or if it's included in the rules that I should then I will of course).

edit - no one jumped out at me as someone I would be unfairly stealing from UCLA, but PLEASE let me know. I can definitely remove them after the advance. I didn't go through all 35 people I added to my board, just the guys I am wanting to target for sure + the next 5-10 recruits.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 1, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The rule is: If a recruit has him as their number one preference then back off.

Dubious, how did this work out for you last season?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

The rule is: If a recruit has him as their number one preference then back off.

Dubious, how did this work out for you last season?

I got 8 recruits last season! 3 that needed people to back off.

I haven't done my board yet, will soon, but i'm absolutely disgusting at OL this season and unless I get talent it's even worse next season.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

OSU R2A.

This is a loaded recruiting class.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
How do you guys choose who to put in as your returner? I usually don't take the CPU chosen guy as he's too slow but since you lot are much better at KO TDs than me (likely more due to skill than depth chart adjustments) how do you choose who to put there? I generally put my fastest decent ball carrier (as determined by HB ratings) there. Usually ends up being a WR or ATH-converted-to-secondary type.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

How do you guys choose who to put in as your returner? I usually don't take the CPU chosen guy as he's too slow but since you lot are much better at KO TDs than me (likely more due to skill than depth chart adjustments) how do you choose who to put there? I generally put my fastest decent ball carrier (as determined by HB ratings) there. Usually ends up being a WR or ATH-converted-to-secondary type.

Usually a WR or RB, who has really high Speed and ACC as well as a strong elusiveness score which probably also equates to a high agility score. Lets you do good stop starts to take it up the sideline. JB is really the king of returns so his input is prb going to be better than mine. I rarely use starters as returners which makes them a 3rd WR or 2nd HB.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

High speed and acc with good carrying. You don't want him to get rocked and fumble

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It's all about Speed, Elusiveness/Juke/Spin, and Break Tackle rating. Knowing that I can't imagine putting anyone other than a HB back there, but sometimes I have to settle for a WR or CB when going through a speed drought at running back. Returning kicks is 90% about setting up blocks and there are many times when I don't even get touched. PRs are much harder and typically require you to make at least two guys miss.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I set my board, and have lots of needs this next season (CB, the entire goddamn oline, and linebackers) and i hope some of these guys who have me at #1 stay there.

namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Just let us know what you're looking for and we can avoid players or direct you to some if you're in a bad way

• Locked thread